Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both strikers are dangerous in the 6 yard box relying heavily on that killer instinct to tap the ball into the net. Both players are similar in build and their style of play which is capitalising on their team mates efforts.

But if you had to pick between Owen and Raul as the ultimate goal poacher, which one would it be?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I don't think Raul and Owen are similar at all really. Owen hasn't had the career to compare well with Raul, still a great player.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marc said:
I don't think Raul and Owen are similar at all really. Owen hasn't had the career to compare well with Raul, still a great player.
Whats the difFerance between them? I thought they were very similar especially recently, now that the pace is not their biggest asset anymore.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I don't see how these two players can be compared whatsoever. Owen is a pacey, goal poaching striker who does not help build up and stays in the box. Raul plays all over the field, is far better in linking up play, and does not have Owen's finishing. Extremely different players.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Nun uv em. Dem both sok cux fo at least 5 yrz

Da obvisius anser iz

Luis Fabiano - 174 golz in 288 matchez durin da last 7 yrz

NWO - datz how we score (women)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Different styles, but of course Raul is a better player.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I thought they were very similar especially recently, now that the pace is not their biggest asset anymore.
Pace was never Raul's biggest asset anyway.

Anyway, obviously Owen is a better finisher. But he's far from the best in the world in this aspect these days.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Who is this Owen?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
RVN more dangerous inside the box than either of them.

From these 2, Raul is better as a player & Owen is better as a poacher.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GamE_Ove12 said:
So from all the players in the world you chose those to compare?
I've seen worse comparisons. Maybe Pippo would have been a better comparison to Owen.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Rihana said:
Both strikers are dangerous in the 6 yard box relying heavily on that killer instinct to tap the ball into the net. Both players are similar in build and their style of play which is capitalising on their team mates efforts.

But if you had to pick between Owen and Raul as the ultimate goal poacher, which one would it be?
You chose two players that are really not playing, at all like Owen, or Raul... who hasen't been any good for the past 3 years.

On top form I would say Raul... but then again I don't think highly of both anyway.

Rivaldo is better than both combined.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts