1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday, 10 April, 2002, 09:47 GMT 10:47 UK
Owen's new injury fear

Owen missed a series of chances against Bayer Leverkusen

Liverpool striker Michael Owen is to undergo a scan amid fears that he fractured his foot during Liverpool's Champions League defeat against Bayer Leverkusen.
Owen missed a hat-trick of chances as the Reds crashed out on a dramatic night in Germany.

He appeared to be undergoing treatment after taking a knock during the quarter final, second leg tie.

And fears of a serious injury will set alarm bells ringing among England fans, with the World Cup only six weeks away.

"We hope it is not a fracture but he will have a scan later today and we will have a better idea then," manager Gerard Houllier told Liverpool's official website.

According to the website, Owen has already been ruled out of Liverpool's Premiership clash with Sunderland on Saturday.

But the length of Owen's absence following his latest injury setback will not be known until after a scan on Wednesday.

The England striker only recently returned from a hamstring injury.

------------------------------------------
If it turns out to be true.. That's what I call rubbing salt into the wound!!

:depress:

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
To look at it from the bright side of things....he hasn't been in great form lately and will probably benefit from a break:) And we don't have any more CL matches to worry about in which there would have been no Anelka to fill in for him like he can in the Premiership.......

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Get well soon Mikey. :(

And utopia has a good point, Owen's form hasn't really been amazing as of late and we did pretty well without his goals (to save last night that is). I hope this would give Jari a chance to take his place, but first I wish him a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Owen fit for Sunderland clash!!!

Fears over Michael Owen's foot injury have today been eased with the news that he will be fit to face Sunderland at the weekend.

Owen was sent for a precautionary scan this afternoon after sustaining bruising during last night's Champions League match in Leverkusen.

But an X-ray has revealed nothing serious and Owen will be fit to face Peter Reid's men at the Stadium of Light.

Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said today: "Michael was sent for an x-ray this afternoon as a precaution and it confirmed our initial thoughts that he had only suffered bruising to his right foot.

"Michael will be available for this Saturday's game at Sunderland."

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thank God...

He must have felt miserable about those misses in Leverkusen and now will bounce back!!!!!!

One Michael Owen...Theres only one Michael Owen...........

L

·
0 Posts
well all i can say is if heskey is fit we should go with Jari anelka and heskey.

owen should earn his place.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yup, Owen is fit for this weekend.
It's actually Beckham who's got his foot injured badly.

*evil grin* (sorry can't help the grin)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Menul said:
Yup, Owen is fit for this weekend.
It's actually Beckham who's got his foot injured badly.

*evil grin* (sorry can't help the grin)
Well, I am an England fan too... and I just hope that Beckham get well really soon...he is vital to England

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
B*O*S*H* said:

Well, I am an England fan too... and I just hope that Beckham get well really soon...he is vital to England
Beckham is Beckham and he is important to England. Standing as an England fans, yes! I hope he will recover soon so he can be in the world cup.

From the point of view as a Liverpool fans, I want Man U and Arsenal lose... So Beckham's injury is ________ and I hope some one can stop Arsenal and Man U!

I watched the Arsenal Spurs game last week and I was so happy when Teddy scored that goal but @#%^&$^%!!!!!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Arthro Enas said:
From the point of view as a Liverpool fans, I want Man U and Arsenal lose... So Beckham's injury is ________ and I hope some one can stop Arsenal and Man U!

I watched the Arsenal Spurs game last week and I was so happy when Teddy scored that goal but @#%^&$^%!!!!!
Um, Elton, were you drunk or sumtin' when you posted that?
It's just that I don't think I've read that kind of post from you..

:D ;)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I guess most (if not all) of us have read this by now..

Owen's injury has turned out to be a bruised leg only.. and he could make the team for today's showdown with Sunderland.\

PHEW!! :) that's a relief.. hope he gets back to form though.. does any one know how long Heskey will be out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts