Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys, over the last few weeks I have read many posts about Croatia will thrash and that Italy is overrated bla bla bla, fair case, if that is your opinion, then so be it. Just wondering who you think is mainly overrated, do you think it's just a couple of players or the whole team?

Don't want to start flames, just interested :)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
everyone has their opinions KI, but I wouldn't say they're overrated. They underrate us, and have seemingly learned nothing from our 3 games, that's what I believe.

As for Italy, they have a better squad today then at any time in the last decade or so, and will be tough for anyone. But football is a game of 22 men, and strong opposition could break them down, as could a number of other factors.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
King Italy said:
yo guys, over the last few weeks I have read many posts about Croatia will thrash and that Italy is overrated bla bla bla,
btw.. thats called talkin smack... we all know Italy has a good team... but of course we talk smack, thats the whole point

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Kinger....

I never said that the Italians were overrated. In fact, I said the opposite. If you look at the history of Italian soccer, and I'm sure you will agree the best time to sneak up on the Italians is early in a tournament as they never play well in their first games...but, as the tournament progresses, the Italians seem to find a way to win and move on.....so, now the Italians aren't overrated, they just know when to start elevating the level of their game. But, that being said, they always have talented teams especially on the attack, yet they still play that boring defensive style that puts you to sleep and then wait for the other team to make a mistake and counter attack....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hmm

Actually I have Italy as number 1 favourite and Argentina as number 2 this summer. Italy never does more then they have to on pitch, to progress, just like Germany. It was a real shame that they lost against "pusi kurac" France in EC-2000:rolleyes: :cool:

But......

I just can´t stand players like Inzaghi:eek: :fero: he makes me throw up every time I see him. For me, that´s not a "real" soccerplayer like for example Vieri. He falls easier then leaves in autumn! He shouts, gesticulate, like a spoiled baby. Ok....he´s good in penaltybox, but that´s all

·
International
8,545 Posts
Italy always performs well at major tournaments so it's difficult to say they're overrated.

As far as goalkeeping and defence goes, it's as good as anybody else in the world, with a lot of depth as well.

I don't think the midfield is that good, at least not as good as the other "contenders."

There's a lot of options up front, with "worldclass" players in Vieri and DP, but then Italy never scores many goals.

I wouldn't call Italy overrated, I'd call them overachievers which is a compliment.

·
©
7,230 Posts
One thing I like about the Italians is they are efficient. All they need is one chance and they will score, but they don't seem to create many chances anyway. They are amongst the most boring teams to watch considering that talent they have but they do what needs to be done which is what you need in World Cups. In the end, Italy will go close to winning it, but it won't be pretty.;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
IMO i think Italy just might go all the way.. they were overrated in previous campaigns but this time round i think their tag is deserved.

Either way all i want is to see them in another penalty shootout :tongue: if they were to lose AGAIN for the 4th WC in a row im sure the hospitals in Italy will be flooded with heart attack patients :howler:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
THIS ITALILAN TEAM HAD A CHANCE FOR GREATNESS!!!!!!!!

I TELL YOU THEY COULD HAVE BEEN CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

BUT NO.

THEY FORGOT SOMEONE.

THEY DISREGARDED SOMEONE.

THEY WERE OBLIVIOUS TO THE LEGEND.

THE ONE OF THE TWO PLAYERS LEFT OF THE OLD SCHOOL.

THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE LAST TEN 15 YEARS WHO COULD CHALLENGE CRUYFF, DIEGO, PELE, DI STEFANO, PUSKAS, AND PLATINI FOR GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL BECAUSE TRAP THINKS TOTTI IS SOME SORT OF GENIUS-I THINK HE'S MERDE SERCA!!!!!!!

UGAC TOTTI!!!!!!

UGAC TRAPPATONNI!!!!!!

VIVA ROBERTO BAGGIO!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Come on now.......Totti is one of the worlds best midfielders, and Trapparice is the most sucessful Italian coach ever.

:tongue: ;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ma gonise Totti...Prosinecki is gonna teach him a lesson come June 8.

Croatia will roll Italy....that is one game i'm least worried about.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
King Italy

you've dissapopinted me man, I just read your provocative and insulting posts in the Italian NT forum, and your portrayal of a nice guy here sickens me.

You started this thread so you could refer to it with your buddies eh? shameless behaviour indeed.

As I said, you underrate us. And you cockiness and cheek brings out Croatian emotions and the way we were treated in Palermo. We were ridiculed, insulted and publically demonised by your press and television. Croatia will lose 3-0, they can't play football etc etc. Heck, the Italian media even made fun of Bilic for stuttering, insulting him and hurling abuse at him in Italian.

You got outplayed, outclassed and most importantly, outscored by little "no names", "no league", "no talent" Croatia, who have less people than Italy do registered male footballers.

Get ready for it again, or maybe Totti will watch us advance from his living room in Rome like the italians did in France98?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i saw that aswell. King Italy you shiptar. :fero:

i dont know about everyone here, but if Croatia beats Italy on June 8 then i personally couldnt care how far they go or how early they exit the tournament. it's the only game that counts.

Italy is going down!!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
On that one I can agree;) :)

down Italy down.......

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
June 8th

If we beat them, you can be sure my Cro flag will be seen by the Itlaians in Toney Creek and Hamilton. :D

·
©
7,230 Posts
Yeah I saw King Italy's posts on the other forum aswell and he also showed up on another website with some strange insulting posts. :rolleyes:

Whenever I watch that Italy-Croatia game from Palermo it seems to me that the Italian crowd starts cheering for Croatia at the end with ole's going around whenever Croatia were passing the ball around. :)

Jebes Italy...as long as we make it through the group and if that involves beating them then so be it.:D

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Oluja....

about the only good thing in Stoney Creek is the Stoney Creek Dairy. They make great ice cream.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts