Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion much talents are overrated, when they one good match they are direct the next ....

I think a player like Wayne Rooney is very overrated, he plays with a low ranked team in England (Everton) and don't have a place with the first eleven always.

A great talent will play bij such a club always, also aged 17.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Vinnie 1983 said:
In my opinion much talents are overrated, when they one good match they are direct the next ....

I think a player like Wayne Rooney is very overrated, he plays with a low ranked team in England (Everton) and don't have a place with the first eleven always.

A great talent will play bij such a club always, also aged 17.
I agree, there are better young players than him (English ones included).
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rooney is over-rated, but he's still a very good young player.

Cristiano Ronaldo is hugely over-rated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59,077 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Cristiano Ronaldo is hugely over-rated.
What made Fergie spend 13 or so million quid on him? :dazed: did he go after him himself or was it like one of those signings where the manager like sees 10 minutes of him on a video?

Robben would impress immediately at Man U imo when he goes there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,634 Posts
Ronaldo has been overrated by the media but still he has huge potential. Just now he is nothing, but just a raw player, trying ot dribble every time.... but as he will get experience his game will improve, he will look for the easier passes and so on.

But the player that is mostly overrated is adu. Sure he has been superb playing with under 17s and 19s, but common the guy is only 14 and still he hasnt played a proffesional game. Some fcuking reporters have been calling him the new pele, maradona and so on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,634 Posts
Ronaldos transfer fee was £7.85M but the signing fee, 5 year contract and so on made the deal to £12.75 according to manutd.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Many talents are said to be "overrated" because they are not at the level everybody asks of them. People expect the talents to overstep the line and become as good as the more experienced in their 20s. If only people would regard them as TALENTS and not new players who are supposed to be really good then maybe we could appreciate them more.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trimi said:
Ronaldos transfer fee was £7.85M but the signing fee, 5 year contract and so on made the deal to £12.75 according to manutd.com
Fee was £12.75. His contract, including signing-on fee is worth £7.85million.
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
14,769 Posts
Drito said:
Ronaldo has been overrated by the media but still he has huge potential. Just now he is nothing, but just a raw player, trying ot dribble every time.... but as he will get experience his game will improve, he will look for the easier passes and so on.

But the player that is mostly overrated is adu. Sure he has been superb playing with under 17s and 19s, but common the guy is only 14 and still he hasnt played a proffesional game. Some fcuking reporters have been calling him the new pele, maradona and so on.

I agree
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,223 Posts
Uniteds new number 7 turned up to his medical sporting a pink sweatshirt and straw in his hear. Ferguscum said "hes the perfect replacement for David Beckham" After his debut vs. Bolton where he stepped over the ball several times Taggart was delighted "Thats the best 12.75m I've ever spent, I haven;t seen a player step over a ball like that since some guy stepped over it a lot" The one trick pony is dead, long live the one trick pony!

~ The Green :tongue:ne
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been calling Rooney over-rated for over a year now. I couldn't get anyone at all to agree with me at first, now it seems everyone is jumping on the band wagon. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Re: Re: Overrated talents

Jamal said:
I agree, there are better young players than him (English ones included).
I agree too!!
We put too much hope on him as there are alot of youngsters who are better than him. He may likely be the second Michael Owen who's lost support.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
Wayne Ronney is overated as hell. Just like all the english players. beckham etc etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Drito said:
You could take Scholesy out of that list and put him in the underrated players list
Also John Terry

Overrated English players: Beckham, Rooney, Ferdinand

Underrated English players: Scholes, Lampard, Smith, Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
Drito said:
You could take Scholesy out of that list and put him in the underrated players list
Agree. Scholes is good but there is few like him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
Jamal said:
Also John Terry

Overrated English players: Beckham, Rooney, Ferdinand

Underrated English players: Scholes, Lampard, Smith, Terry
Ferdinand is not overated. He is one of few that are actually world class. But add players like Vassel, Campbell, Owen to that list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,892 Posts
Drito said:

But the player that is mostly overrated is adu. Sure he has been superb playing with under 17s and 19s, but common the guy is only 14 and still he hasnt played a proffesional game. Some fcuking reporters have been calling him the new pele, maradona and so on.
Agree
 
1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Top