Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there too many overrated players these days?

What do you think about this are there to many overrated players these days?Do you think there are just to many overhyped prima donna's going around.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I think Wayne Rooney is heavily overrated.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
Gotta love abusing the University bandwidth :D
abusing? come off it :confused: :D

khimik you live in Australia, so you should know we have to pay a small fortune to go to uni, on top of all the other taxes we pay to keep these places open. the way i see it it's our bandwith to use or abuse however we like. :stuckup: :thumbsup:
do those Adelaide universities have free admission or something? :stuckup:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes you just need to give a look at the salary of some players. I can just speak about Serie A cuz I'm not sure for other leagues. Why do you think so many clubs have no money? Not because players like Ronaldo or Maldini or Nedved get a huge pay, but because middle class player (means which don't really make a difference on the pitch) are paying way too much and that's just because they're over-rated!

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Off the top of my head, I'm thinking Del Piero.
I dont remember anyone calling him anything but crap entire season, so how come he's overrated?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
there are thousands of players over-rated, some players are even over-rated by their coaches, for instance Phil Neville has more International caps than Glen Hoddle got, please tell me it aint so and i dreamt that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
there are thousands of players over-rated, some players are even over-rated by their coaches, for instance Phil Neville has more International caps than Glen Hoddle got, please tell me it aint so and i dreamt that. :rolleyes:
You are dreaming.........not :D.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I might be mistaken but hasn't Phil Neville cost us in the last two European Championships?

2000 - muppet could have challenged outside the area but waited until the Romanian was inside the area. Penalty scored, Romania won when a draw would have seen England through

2004 - muppet came on and ran round the pitch without doing anything. Was it his foul from which Portugal scored? (not too sure about that, I know he did concede a free kick on the edge of the area)

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Owzat said:
I might be mistaken but hasn't Phil Neville cost us in the last two European Championships?

2000 - muppet could have challenged outside the area but waited until the Romanian was inside the area. Penalty scored, Romania won when a draw would have seen England through

2004 - muppet came on and ran round the pitch without doing anything. Was it his foul from which Portugal scored? (not too sure about that, I know he did concede a free kick on the edge of the area)
I think your thinking of the game against france when Heskey came on, fouled someone just outside the penalty area and ZZ scored from the free kick.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Well, there are many talented players people tend to refer to as world-stars too early which actually ruins their carreer and afterwards they are called overrated. That's my opinion. Example: Quaresma ... would he be a humble guy, working on himself he could definately become one to remember, but people gave him the superstar-status too early and now he thinks he has invented the game and does not need to listen to what some coaches try to tell him. A pity.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Owzat said:

Rui Costa took the ball forward and easily got away from Phil Neville, by the time Neville realised that Rui had the ball he tried to run back to catch up to him, by that time though, the ball had hit the back of the net.

But there is only one person to blame for both of England's exits in the Euro and that's the manager.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
England always have to have a scapegoat don't they?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts