Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waht happened to him

he was the best winger in the world with arsenal and now he is nothing

what is the reason for his decline? lost speed or what?

he used to be my favorite player

·
Registered
134 Posts
Unfortunately he has had a lot of injuries. Since he arrived at Barcelona he has had two long spells of about 3-4 months not injured and done really well (though the team has not done well)... Injuries is his problem, you could see agains Deportivo(?) a few weeks ago that he can still produce the stuff with a great set-up for Ronaldinho goal.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I think Overmars still has an added value to the team. Should anything happen to vdMeyde or Robben during EURO 2004, then Overmars is an ideal replacement. In contrast to somebody like Zenden or Sikora :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Injuries have indeed ruined a big part of his days in Barca, also the fact that he's getting older and that the team only now is producing what he had hoped for when he arrived in Barcelona. At Arsenal it was all better arranged around him in the field and perhaps the English football also suited him better than the Spanish. A similar case I Ljungberg, although he's still at Arsenal. Only there he's still one of the stars when he's healthy, since they give him the right balls, but when in the Swedish team he's nothing special.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts