Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew he wouldn't go to Roma or Lazio, of course to Barcelona, maybe we can get Zenden now :)

Marc Overmars is waiting for his proposed £15m move to Barcelona to be finalised, and he has reportedly revealed that he wants to be unveiled as the club's new signing before the end of July 24. Overmars had reportedly accepted a pre-contract from Barca. :(

We'll miss him, but I'm a Barca fan too, so I have mixed feelings about this transfer.
If Zenden came, it would feel like a win/win situation :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I certainly hope its true, its about time we got rid of the whining git, and just think about the 15 million lovelies we'll get in return. He only add 2 years left on his contract, so it was advisable to sell him this year, since his value would be severly depleted by next. I hope he can find another place so close to his heart as hampsted heath.

Personally I wouldn't mind signing zenden, but I think it's tres unlikely. Firstly, his price is going to have been massively inflated due to e2000, and arsenal being incredibly tight, would never agree to pay above the 'real' value for any player. Secondly, if overmars buggers off then pires will definatly expect to play on the left, and we know how much use zenden is on the right, about as much use as paul scholes in a beauty contest. I think we should go after barca can opener, rezinger, we need a new right-back and he has been made available. Dani, kluivert.......

Regardless of who else we may buy, i'm sure we will make one BIG signing....hope it's not wiltord.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts