Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because then he has to battle with Zenden for a place in the starting line-up. And that battle might be too hard for him. Overmars has much injuries, and because of his age, he will only get worse. Zenden will only get better, and IMO he already is better than Overmars.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
The Catalans bid 10 million pounds for the dutch superstar, however, overmars refused the offer and said that he wanted to stay in his own club.
Also Brekamp said that he would retire in the Gunners side.(www.fanatik.com.tr)

Overmars should have accepted it. Why would you choose Arsenal over Barca? :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'm not that surprised. Why the hell would he go to Barca, where there are so many excellent left sided wingers:
Cocu
Zenden
Rivaldo
Nano

It's pointless and I'm glad he's made such a decision.

Ducth FCB Fan! Do you also think that Zenden is the best player in Holland at the moment. I am so dissapointed van Gaal made him into a classical left winger, because I really enjoyed the game he presented at France 98!, when he was a free role player. He was ingenious there!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zenden's performance tonight was horrible...

labas> Zenden always was a left winger, but during WC98, he was used most of the time as a right winger. Because his left leg is his best, he came to the ax of the field and then try to score... a bit like Figo on the left wing...

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
zEnden played terible todday against valencia.
If he usually play like this, overmars can take his place easily.
I have to say, Rivalso sucked big time today.
My god, how can he play so bad??
He might b doing it on porpuse just to leave.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'll tell you the reason Rivaldo sucked both times against Valencia.

F A R I N O S...nothing more,nothing less.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Rivaldo suprised us a lot, a player with his ability expected from him a lot to do with the ball and score goals at the tough time in the game when his team is sufferring.
Any way good bye Rivaldo....and I hope you your possition in serie A will be better then your country man Ronaldo ..

D

·
0 Posts
Overmars did not want to go to such an inconsisten team. Barca beat a team against all odds, then lose against a weak team in the league. And VG, what can you say about him, the genius that was supposed to bring the Treble to Barcelona this season?, yeah right, and inconsisten players, one game Rivaldo is brilliant, next game he's sucks to the max, give Beckham the World Player of the Year title please.
Apart from a recent slump which effectively cost the title it for them, Arsenal have been so consistent and right up there in the league over the past 3 seasons, the same can't be said about Barcelona.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes it can.
We won the league the last 2 seasons are are in 2nd right now.
That seems to me to be consintently up there. :)

T

·
0 Posts
Well said, Oly. Driver X must have been half asleep when he wrote "Arsenal have been so consistent and right up there in the league over the past 3 seasons, the same can't be said about Barcelona".

97/98:no.1
98/99:no.1
99/00:right now no.2, with no.1 still within reach.

This is certainly "up there in the league over the past 3 seasons".

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Barcelona is not inconsistent but some players are, especiall Rivaldo.

I am sure he did it on porpuse. a player like him can not play so bad. he does it so he can leave barca easier. I hate such players.
BE PROFESSIONAL :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Once again, WHO CARES where the player is born?
exactly what difference does it make?
With regards to Overmars, i'm actually more in favour of this move now than i was a few weeks ago.
If Rivaldo leaves, we finally can play a system with a really good, fast left-winger.
This is exactly the sort of player who knocked us of the champions league.
It was just this week that i realised how slow barca really are in comparison to Valencia.
Maybe we could use a pacy winger to give us that extra dimension when creative passive isn't working.
Ok, i know that Zenden is supposedly faster than Overmars, but i've seen Overmars play with alot more skill than Zenden. He reminds me slightly of Figo actually.
Plus he only is about 25 or 26, so we'd get a good few seasons from him.
Also, how about van Bronckhorst?
I'm privelidged enough to see him play every week and he really is a great player.
The rangers chairman said that if he won't extend his contract then he'll sell him this summer to avoid losing him for nothing in 2 years time.
In my opinion he is better than Cocu actually, plus his set-pieces are great and so is his crossing.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think now we finally found out why VG wanted Rivaldo on the wing, and not in the offensive midfield.... There his inconsistency is less fatal to the team...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
aaaaaaaa f*ck overmars let him play in that looser team arsenal and buy Revivo from Celta,or why not a cantera player?.

JF

D

·
0 Posts
I would say .......if you can't beat them , buy them......Claudio Lopez,Mendieta,Farinos and Angulo

Rivaldo must be sold , Barca can get millions for him, and there are more players of his level who are twice cheaper

overmars is better and faster then zenden

1 - 16 of 16 Posts