Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Italian Serie A is one of the strongest most popular leagues in the whole world, if it isn't the best already!!

But what do u guys think about some players experiencing new styles of the game outside Italy?!?! Will it be of any benefit?!

Aren't we missing sth by bring players from all nationalities to our league & sending very few ones to other leagues???

Do u advise Italian youngsters to consider playing in England or Spain or anyother leagues?

Where would be the best experience for a young italian player?!

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
The best Italian players and prospects should stay in the Serie A.

I don't know how could somebody say that it is good for the Spanish league and FC Barcelona that Fabregas is playing in england for arsenal.

More Class players=better league:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
In terms of younger italian players, Serie B is a great way to help their development. Its far better for young italians to play in serie b than overseas. Overseas create a number of problems for them eg cultural differences, language differences, being away from family etc

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
For example Maccarone. He ruined his career in EPL, and is now playing with a crap Siena side.

I hope Moretti doesn't suffer the same fate over at Valencia.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So u 'll take Maccarone's experience as a rule??

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
HB21 said:
So u 'll take Maccarone's experience as a rule??
No I won't...actually he's the only one that came to mind. What about Sam Dalla Bona? I thought he had some potential. Now he's not in the spotlight anymore. :irritate:

Zola, Vialli, Ravanelli, Carbone, Cudicini and perhaps Di Matteo did well in EPL. Lorenzo Amoruso was worshipped in Scotland. Pistone has been relied on by a "top-of-the-half-table" club like Newcastle...and Everton...before England he was an Italian U-21 prospect, and I think he played in the Atlanta Olympics in 96.

So basically you do have a bit of both, but apart from the ex-Chelsea Italian veterans, no Italian really really took the spot light. Cudicini, I think got voted best GK in the EPL, but that is expected of an Italian GK of course :proud:

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
And what about this Arturo Lupoli of Arsenal? Kid's doing pretty well in the reserves team apparently.

Hopefully a bright future ahead of him. :hopefull:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Rhizoid said:
What about Sam Dalla Bona? I thought he had some potential. Now he's not in the spotlight anymore. :irritate:
IMO, he's not in the spotlight anymore because he didn't live up to his potential.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts