13401 - 13420 of 13436 Posts

·
Registered
14,572 Posts
No, what did he say?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
There was a report earlier this week that Romagnoli was negotiating his contract renewal with Milan alone, not involving Raiola.

Now Bernadeschi has officially left Raiola and joined Pastorello. It's reported that "his contract with the Bianconeri is due to expire at the end of this season and negotiations for a new deal have been very slow".... and he left the agent.

Arthur Melo, another Juventus player, also officially left Raiola last week.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
He will in this case, though.
Nah Hakan will pull a Vieri 99.

Left Lazio to Inter, then his ex club won the league the following season

Though Hakan has a decent chance with us in 22-23. I am not too fussed about Inzaghi not winning the title on his first Inter season.

·
Scudetto
24,011 Posts
Donna left for an extra €2 million, to become a benchwarmer and practical nobody amongst sea of superstars.

At Milan he would have been captain, club symbol and literal potential legend.

It's really crazy when you think about it.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Watching Liverpool vs Porto...observing how Mane and Salah playing on the shoulder of opponents last line.
Even when Porto defend push high up the pitch, the deep cross field delivery from the defense create problem for Porto when either of them run in for it.
Smart tactical use of their speed and tenacity.
Liverpool is the favorite to win the CL an is on another level.
Surely won't be easy for us in San Siro.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
They will surely be aggressive to sign Vlahović in January. One of their weak spot and looking at their goal tally this season.

·
Registered
14,572 Posts
Ralf Rangnick to head Man Utd. He was supposed to join us not too long ago!
What's the deal there? Strange to see him take a 6-month interim role, when he is supposed to be a control freak type, the kind who shapes the whole institution. Or is there a chance that he will transition to a director of football or some other management role?

·
Scudetto
24,011 Posts
Well I guess interim in the hope of permanence.

Too big a career opportunity to miss I think. He isn't exactly the most established so this role will definitely raise his profile - if he does well, that is.

·
Registered
14,572 Posts
Nah Ragnick is a huge name in football, probably one of the most respected managers among his peers and upper management, and certainly one of the most influential. Pretty much everybody who's someone in the recent wave of German managers has worked under him or claims direct impact. He's a bit like a (functional, German) Bielsa.

he is also known as an institution builder, given what he did with Hoffenheim and then the Red Bull empire. He is the kind of guy who hires people for tons of roles at a club and leaves a big mark.

That's why he was a potentially brilliant candidate for Milan when the club needed football leadership so badly. It's just that Pioli did absurdly well so the management really had no choice.

The real issue with Ragnick is he seems mostly more than a manager these days. Either he's doing this Man United gig as a "why not, I'm 63, this looks fun" or he's been promised a higher role above for later, or maybe just extravagant money. But I would be quite surprised if at this stage in his career he's taking this job with the hope of an extension like say an almost rookie and local legend like Solksjaer did.

·
Scudetto
24,011 Posts
Actually that just proves my point, because I didn't know all that 🤣

I guess what I really meant is that he hasn't had a big club stint and this opportunity is the right one for him.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
He has to be bigger than Ronaldo when he comes in or he will fail big time.
6 months to introduce his football philosophy is quite a risk.
Either the team work to his system or cater to Ronaldo...
That's the Man Utd management takes.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
This is a good move IMHO; he would have more control and may certainly shape up things for Man Utd after Ferguson era. All they is to give him time to rebuild the foundation from root. Lets see how things goes for them.

When we were linked with him; that moment Pioli was doing better and would have been a crime to replace him after those series of results. Maldini & Bobans inclusion and strategy seemed work well. Yes our finance is/was an issue; had that invesment at the beginning were done wisely we might have a better squad. Hopefully this will be fixed with wise choices. Lets hope for the best.

I will have an eye on Ralf's progress.

13401 - 13420 of 13436 Posts