Xtratime Community banner

13321 - 13340 of 13353 Posts

·
Registered
45,041 Posts
Simple. Because rules don't apply when it involves you. So miss me with the hypocrisy. It's not about the rules, it's about the fact that the "rules" would conveniently be bent if it were the other way around.
I like the way this guy talks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Oh the rules doesnt apply? Thats weird, I'm not watching football matches where they apply the rules weekly to us? Thanks for letting me know.

Talk about hypocrisy is rich, instead of waste your energy crying about scenario thats litterally 100% not a pk, doesnt change just because you want it to, how about you focus on how your team should stop tumbling down the stairs of basic competence?
Why have you censored his cock with Milan's crest?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Oh the rules doesnt apply? Thats weird, I'm not watching football matches where they apply the rules weekly to us? Thanks for letting me know.

Talk about hypocrisy is rich, instead of waste your energy crying about scenario thats litterally 100% not a pk, doesnt change just because you want it to, how about you focus on how your team should stop tumbling down the stairs of basic competence?
Shhhh! Like I said, don't talk to me about football rules. They apply them differently to you cheats. And yes, my beloved Milan is tumbling down. No one deny that, why bring that up? To run away from the issue being discussed? F**king cheaters.

·
Scudetto
23,377 Posts
Inter though.. I am jealous. Because their team wasn't great last season but Conte changed everything. Could have easily been us. Had a chance perhaps with Allegri or Mourinho to do the same but nope, we went with Pioli.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Jani, it’s water under the bridge. We don’t know what future lies ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
we surely know what lies ahead in the immediate future...it's a grim picture.

If one in a thousand chance we got bought by a rich man that wants to invest and be successful than we can dream of being competitive in the CL BUT chances are slim.

also the system is designed to favor the rich (surprise surprise) and after the disastrous job Berlu and Galliani did it will take a miracle for Milan to compete with the richest clubs.

What should be done in the meantime:
- smart investments - stadium
- smart marketing to get sponsors
- smart buys in the transfer market including coaches and scouts (no more krunic, bennacers .... that level players you can get from the primavera).
- Smart sells: like Suso last season

So everything SMART and i am sure we will fail over and over again.

Juve and Inter (maybe Viola as well) have rich owners who invest in the team through their companies to avoid FFP. We are far away from that.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Inter though.. I am jealous. Because their team wasn't great last season but Conte changed everything. Could have easily been us. Had a chance perhaps with Allegri or Mourinho to do the same but nope, we went with Pioli.
Not discounting Conte's contributions but do you how much Inter spent to make it a "Conte team".? Lukaku, Barella, Sensi, Lazaro. That's close to $200m on four players. So yeah, a big coach is very important. But how much can you spend to suit him?

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Not discounting Conte's contributions but do you how much Inter spent to make it a "Conte team".? Lukaku, Barella, Sensi, Lazaro. That's close to $200m on four players. So yeah, a big coach is very important. But how much can you spend to suit him?
All great coaches require sending (investment) or they join an already great team.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Neither Allegri or Mourinho are anywhere close to Conte. The first one lost a scudetto to Conte and eventually inherited Conte's team and reaped the benefits. The 2nd one ruined the team as he usually does in his 2nd or 3rd year and Conte had to come and pull a miracle out of it. Too bad or good for Inter that there are primadonnas like Edena Hazard.

Now if you wanna tell me why the management didn't go for Conte, sure. Even though our luck has been non existent this decade.

And also neither Allegri or Mourinho want Milan. Allegri wants a foreign experience(EPL) and Mourinho wants Bundesliga(and I doubt he'll take Milan). In a couple of years after Allegri has his international experiences and wants to live in Milano(close to his future wife in Brescia) than we can thing of Allegri. At this point since Spalletti couldn't happen, Pioli is the better choice.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Well we also spent 200M one summer and look what happened.

Lacking an absolutely great football director and an established squad, a good coach is the key for a rebuild. Otherwise so much money is bound to be wasted away in shiny objects or in profiles that just don’t fit.

Again I hardly think Pioli is the best we could do unless we’re talking Serie A managers only (even then: Ranieri arguably) but it’s mid season so that really is a different pool than during the summer. Hard to think anyone would bring a better but more risky manager to a juncture like this, so while Pioli is very unexciting, I guess it’s a decent choice. We just had to get rid of Giampaolo unfortunately.

The real ****up was the summer decision. There the club should have been more adventurous and either go big or, failing that, look outside the box.

·
Administrator
52,913 Posts
Brother Doc, I say this as someone who is big fan of Conte as player and later coach. You have it backwards, Conte is not superior to Allegri, he is in fact an inferior coach. 8 straight years of closely following and comparing their Juve tenures. It's clear. Allegri is tactically a better coach , more flexible, and much more adept in CL, handling the pressure and expectations of the bigger games.

Conte is great at rebuilding a floundering team tho to domestic beast. But he fails at at the level above that, which Allegri is much more suited at.

But in your case Contes charismatic rebuilding you to a winning unit approach is what you need more.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
But both don’t give you the title that you dream but credit to Conte for the build the foundation for the other coaches to reap based on his work.

Still you guys are missing on the big one. DNA issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Brother Doc, I say this as someone who is big fan of Conte as player and later coach. You have it backwards, Conte is not superior to Allegri, he is in fact an inferior coach. 8 straight years of closely following and comparing their Juve tenures. It's clear. Allegri is tactically a better coach , more flexible, and much more adept in CL, handling the pressure and expectations of the bigger games.
That doesn't make Allegri better. But his flexibility and doing the unexpected is what makes him better at CL where you are facing teams from different countries and tactics. Though Conte has gotten better since the days of Juve. Anyway, CL in the past has been more about luck & form than the best tactical team

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Juve got another VAR gift today.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I thought that was a valid penalty for Juve. The handball for Lecce was also valid under the new handball rules, but those rules are terrible. Weird game.

13321 - 13340 of 13353 Posts