Xtratime Community banner

13301 - 13320 of 13353 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
For those who say it's not about the manager... Just saw Biraghi assist D'Ambrosio for Conte's Inter goal against Lazio. Think about that: Biraghi and D'Ambrosio. Great cross and great run. Both of those guys would look like complete garbage for Milan under Leonardo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Montella, Mihajlovic, Gattuso, and Giampaolo.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I don't know but I don't think anyone said it's not about the coach completely. But that it's about everyone - the coach and the players. Because there's a limit to what a coach can do, no matter how good he is, given a certain level of players. Unless you want to tell me Conte can make RR to be providing assists for Borini to score. So Biraghi assisted D'ambrosio. Isn't that a rare thing though? I mean hasn't RR assisted someone before in a Milan game?

We all here agreed a coach is important. Very. But even the best of them can struggle with mediocre players. It cuts both ways.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I don't know but I don't think anyone said it's not about the coach completely. But that it's about everyone - the coach and the players. Because there's a limit to what a coach can do, no matter how good he is, given a certain level of players. Unless you want to tell me Conte can make RR to be providing assists for Borini to score. So Biraghi assisted D'ambrosio. Isn't that a rare thing though? I mean hasn't RR assisted someone before in a Milan game?

We all here agreed a coach is important. Very. But even the best of them can struggle with mediocre players. It cuts both ways.
I don't mean you Inas, btw, and I don't mean Giampaolo only. More about a recent discussion with @bono.

It's very very clear to me that for a decade now we have had mediocre managers, and at least since the Mirabelli summer our squad is not that that bad. Outside of Milan fans, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks Biraghi + D'Ambrosio are better than Rodriguez, Calabria, Laxalt, Conti, etc. And yet they look like twice the players than their Milan counterparts.

In other words, the only constant is the shitty manager. People will say the main problem about Milan is Suso ffs, before recognizing that we have not had a top manager in a decade, which coincides with the club's decline.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
For those who say it's not about the manager... Just saw Biraghi assist D'Ambrosio for Conte's Inter goal against Lazio. Think about that: Biraghi and D'Ambrosio. Great cross and great run. Both of those guys would look like complete garbage for Milan under Leonardo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Montella, Mihajlovic, Gattuso, and Giampaolo.
Brocchi would have made them look WC, though ;)

P.S. Leonardo made Dinho enjoy football again which I think was a bit of an accomplishment.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Brocchi would have made them look WC, though ;)

P.S. Leonardo made Dinho enjoy football again which I think was a bit of an accomplishment.
Yeah they're not all terrible for sure. Just not good enough, especially considering we don't have the world's best players either, so we actually need a very capable manager. Something's got to give.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Yep. Conte for instance would make us a top 4 side easily.

Worst football moment for me in 2019 was when he signed for Inter.

·
Registered
45,041 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Sorry for going a bit off-topic. @van:

Italian Olympic Committee President Malago: “Diving Is Worse Than Racism”

“The fans who jeer black players are wrong. However, it is even more wrong when someone who earns €3 million dives in the box and is then also happy to take the penalty,” Malago remarked in an interview with Radio 24.

https://sempreinter.com/2019/09/25/italian-olympic-committee-president-malago-diving-is-worse-than-racism/
Food for thought, haha. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
If we have the best players (like Juve now) no matter who the manager is we will win most matches.

But for this bunch of low esteem unproven crop a strong manager is a must.

What is unbelievable is that all the managements we had over the past years didnt understand this.

Best Inter signing was Marotta who delivered them Conte.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Soon they will sign the referees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Jesus bono: racist chants and 0-6 at home against f...n England? Well, good thing you have Milan.... :hangover:

Is it just me or this matter getting worst.
Even the linesman

They need the Ottoman slap

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Who saw the Cheater's game last night? A stoppage time penalty denied Bologna. Now the pro-cheat gang desperately trying to justify why it wasn't given, quoting IFAB rules no less.

Well, we'll save the incident and bring it out when the same situation happens when the cheaters needed to win and the ref whistles for a penalty. It's bound to happen.

·
Administrator
52,913 Posts
Why do you watch a sport and not even know its rules? I'm genuinely curious. The rules litterally says it's not a handball, it's not even a vague interpretation, it is completely specified in the actual rules why it isnt. Cant even feint ignorance.

So I ask again, why do you watch a sport but not update yourself on its rules?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Why do you watch a sport and not even know its rules? I'm genuinely curious. The rules litterally says it's not a handball,...
So I ask again, why do you watch a sport but not update yourself on its rules?
Simple. Because rules don't apply when it involves you. So miss me with the hypocrisy. It's not about the rules, it's about the fact that the "rules" would conveniently be bent if it were the other way around.

·
Administrator
52,913 Posts
Oh the rules doesnt apply? Thats weird, I'm not watching football matches where they apply the rules weekly to us? Thanks for letting me know.

Talk about hypocrisy is rich, instead of waste your energy crying about scenario thats litterally 100% not a pk, doesnt change just because you want it to, how about you focus on how your team should stop tumbling down the stairs of basic competence?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Oh the rules doesnt apply? Thats weird, I'm not watching football matches where they apply the rules weekly to us? Thanks for letting me know.

Talk about hypocrisy is rich, instead of waste your energy crying about scenario thats litterally 100% not a pk, doesnt change just because you want it to, how about you focus on how your team should stop tumbling down the stairs of basic competence?

Come back when you win the CL

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Referee chief yesterday in response to the handball incident:

“Whoever thinks rules are applied on the basis of a shirt must stop coming to games."

Showing their true colors . . . I'm sure it would make the job of reffing much easier if only Juve fans attended games.

Incidentally I don't think the De Lift incident was a handball but this was a horrible thing to say.

13301 - 13320 of 13353 Posts