Xtratime Community banner

11601 - 11620 of 13353 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I would personally prefer Morata, then Aubameyang, then Belotti. Any of them would be very good signings, though of course no guarantees with anyone (except probably Zlatan :D ) . Leaving the money aside, the only problem with Aubameyang is that he is quite a different player, less of a traditional striker and more of a guy who runs into spaces, but he certainly can contribute to the build-up and all that too. I'd get him and keep Bacca if I had my way. I doubt he is a very likely option anyway.

I'd agree with Rod that probably Belotti looks more likely than the others right now -- but clearly still a difficult target himself too.

Other rumors have included Diego Costa (brilliant player but I hate his guts, is on the old side, and looks very unlikely), this Dembele guy (who we seem to know nothing about), Lazio's Keita (I doubt he would be our main striker option, or is he? Looks set for Juve anyway). Anyone else? What are other realistic possibilities?

We haven't been rumored with some of the hottest names this market, which seem EPL or Real Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/PSG-bound if they leave their current clubs: Lukaku, Mbappe, Griezmann, Alexis, etc. If it was me in charge with money to burn, I would be trying to lure Icardi from Inter. That would be hilarious.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
If it has the desired effect then great, but honestly I think it makes no difference. It won't change Raiola's intentions and won't spark the FIGC in to doing something to restrict such agents.

Someone or somebody has to start and glad that the curva sud has a say in this.
It's Milan interest that something has to be put to an end, be it with or without the mentioned involved.
It's important that we don't get blackmail and put across that Milan is in control of the situation even if means sacrifice.
Hope for a good end to this fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
You know that is not what "blackmail" means, right?

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
I would personally prefer Morata, then Aubameyang, then Belotti. Any of them would be very good signings, though of course no guarantees with anyone (except probably Zlatan :D ) . Leaving the money aside, the only problem with Aubameyang is that he is quite a different player, less of a traditional striker and more of a guy who runs into spaces, but he certainly can contribute to the build-up and all that too. I'd get him and keep Bacca if I had my way. I doubt he is a very likely option anyway.

I'd agree with Rod that probably Belotti looks more likely than the others right now -- but clearly still a difficult target himself too.

Other rumors have included Diego Costa (brilliant player but I hate his guts, is on the old side, and looks very unlikely), this Dembele guy (who we seem to know nothing about), Lazio's Keita (I doubt he would be our main striker option, or is he? Looks set for Juve anyway). Anyone else? What are other realistic possibilities?

We haven't been rumored with some of the hottest names this market, which seem EPL or Real Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/PSG-bound if they leave their current clubs: Lukaku, Mbappe, Griezmann, Alexis, etc. If it was me in charge with money to burn, I would be trying to lure Icardi from Inter. That would be hilarious.
Hey why aren't we on the market for Ibra anyway?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Different case, though. He's already the agent of 4 of our players, and let't not over-dramatize the Donna thing. If we offer the best salary, he might be tempted, based on his comments about Milan.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I was fogetting Kalinic; surely one of the less exciting names being linked, but certainly a possibility.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Signing Belloti for 100m and probably a salary around 3m will mean in 5y we are spending 130m for him.
Morata and Aubemayang for 70m and a salary of around 7.5m for 5 years they will cost us around 145m ;)

Just thought of this :D

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
We shouldn't pay a cent more than 60 for Belotti imo, and that may even be too much. He could struggle with the pressure of too high a price. He's not the kind of player who could carry us on his shoulders, not without support from WC players. You don't pay Torino 100 for any player ffs. That's the kind of price you pay for a player who has proven his worth at the highest level or at least close to it.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
belotti reminds me of bertomerda.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
At 35, diminishing returns on Ibra's ability is imminent. Much less attractive choice than say a Belotti or Morata; someone with their best years ahead of them but already good enough to offer a lot of quality.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
We shouldn't pay a cent more than 60 for Belotti imo, and that may even be too much. He could struggle with the pressure of too high a price. He's not the kind of player who could carry us on his shoulders, not without support from WC players. You don't pay Torino 100 for any player ffs. That's the kind of price you pay for a player who has proven his worth at the highest level or at least close to it.
Same can be said for Donnarumma, no? Aside the age, what's the difference between them? None. Both had there break-away seasons in Serie A this season. Both are touted as the next best young talents in Italy. Both are in the NT. Belotti said to be the next Italy striker, scoring 3 goals in 7 appearances, while Donna the next goalkeeper. They all broke records, Donna for being the youngest NT keeper while Belotti broke the fastest hattrick in Serie A (previously Sheva ☺) and the youngest to score more than 24 league goals in a single season. However, none has proven themselves elsewhere, either in another team or another league.

So if we can "hype" Donnarumma and say he's worth more than a €100m, certainly Torino have every right to value him as much.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
At 35, diminishing returns on Ibra's ability is imminent. Much less attractive choice than say a Belotti or Morata; someone with their best years ahead of them but already good enough to offer a lot of quality.
Yeah, I'm more than willing to run the risk connected to signing Zlatan on a free transfer. Not much to lose. He would likely be more decisive in the short run than the players we supposedly are willing to pay 60+ for. Would be such a sweet addition to the squad for the second half of the season and potentially for a few more years.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Is Lucas Biglia (31 yo) worth more than 15M Euros? is he really that good for a DM. We still have Montolivo with around 3M salary, and also Locatelli.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
He's a very good midfielder. Grit, good passing techniques. Certainly would bring balance and experience to our midfield. However, at 31yrs he's expensive for the rumoured price. But hey, we seem to have the money. ?

11601 - 11620 of 13353 Posts