Xtratime Community banner

11581 - 11600 of 13353 Posts

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Yeah if our ambition is to exit those competitions as soon as we enter them.

He's good for the last 5-10 minutes of a match where we're 2 goals up.

Need to get rid of all the amateurs asap. Two much better players for a position as important as the striker should be considered a must.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I'll never understand the Lapadula hate. I'm not saying he should be our main striker (he's not good enough) but he's not a bad back up to have in the squad. He's not on the national team by accident. Next season we are not in CL so there's no need to have a full roster of WC strikers.

Atalanta finished fourth with Petagna ffs.

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
I'll never understand the Lapadula hate.
Hate?

That's about as inaccurate as saying "I'll never understand the Lapadula worship" in reference to your post.

You're also putting words in my mouth when saying things like "a full roster of WC strikers". All I said is we need two strikers which are a lot better than him.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Bacca is an ideal back up striker. Natural goalscorer, would put pressure and compete with anyone playing in front of him, but right now he does not seem not good enough for a starting position all season. Could be for us what Morata was for Juve and is for Madrid. We might not be in CL but we are in Europe.

Unfortunately I doubt he'd accept that, and we'd probably prefer to cash in. Although I figure we could get almost as much money for Lappadula as for him, and as much as I like Lappa, Bacca is twice the player he is.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Hate?

That's about as inaccurate as saying "I'll never understand the Lapadula worship" in reference to your post.

You're also putting words in my mouth when saying things like "a full roster of WC strikers". All I said is we need two strikers which are a lot better than him.
Allegri sucks :D

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Let's not forget that the management needs to offload a bunch of players: zapata, palleta, vangioni, desc, abate, kucka, berto, monto, poli, sosa, niang, bacca and maybe Lapa... Good luck to them :)

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Seems like the Curva Sud issues a statement against Raiola. This is one of the weirdest contract negotiations I remember at Milan.

The agent's persona has garnered so much attention that the whole thing is distorted. Sign of the times I guess.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Let's not forget that the management needs to offload a bunch of players: zapata, palleta, vangioni, desc, abate, kucka, berto, monto, poli, sosa, niang, bacca and maybe Lapa... Good luck to them :)
Palleta can stay another year and we need a back up defender(assuming he has another year left). I wouldn't mind Abate as a back up to Conti either. I'm gonna regret saying this, but Mortolivo(zoo has a poster in his room:D) will be hard to go anywhere else with his 3.5M euro wages so might as well keep him as a backup for another year. Bacca will probably be easier to sell, but I don't think he will leave until Milan get another striker better than him. Lapa as back up is ok.

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
Seems like the Curva Sud issues a statement against Raiola. This is one of the weirdest contract negotiations I remember at Milan.

The agent's persona has garnered so much attention that the whole thing is distorted. Sign of the times I guess.

If it has the desired effect then great, but honestly I think it makes no difference. It won't change Raiola's intentions and won't spark the FIGC in to doing something to restrict such agents.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
If it has the desired effect then great, but honestly I think it makes no difference. It won't change Raiola's intentions and won't spark the FIGC in to doing something to restrict such agents.
Agreed.

Ricardo Rodriguez medical on Wednesday per Di Marzio.
God news!

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Anyone has actually seen Moussa Dembele in action? I just watched a video of his 32 goals this season (including several penalties), and he looks a bit more like a Demba Ba or even Nwanko Kanu than a Drogba type. Tall and skinny more than a physical beast, though he sure can shoot the ball and seems to have an eye for the tap-ins. He seems to fit the mould of the ball-playing striker that allegedly Montella prefers.

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
Just seen the one game of his (vs Rangers). Yes he is neat on the ball, more natural in possession than say Bacca. Maybe not a physical beast as such but he is strong, no question.

On balance I think Belotti is probably the best choice for a new striker. His desire to play for Milan will outweigh Morata, Aubameyang or any other option. Unlike Dembele he is Serie A proven but still has potential to grow.

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
The Scottish league isn't even among the 20 best first divisions in Europe these days. Haven't seen him play but the stats alone don't impress me. It would be a huge step up for him if he went to a top 5 league so no guarantee that he would be able to adapt.

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts
Aubameyang might also have a "desire to play for Milan", having come through the Primavera.

However he is at a prime age and needs to join an established side ready to compete for the Champions League.

Belotti seems interesting considering how many goals he's scored in Serie A.. but if Torino are putting up a €100m valuation it'll be tough.

11581 - 11600 of 13353 Posts