Xtratime Community banner

11561 - 11580 of 13354 Posts

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
In one post you said "we all want him to stay" and "I don't care if he leaves".

Either way - Milán should be able to kee hisnkwn GK. Period. Of Juve, City or PsG can pay what Raiola wants we should be able to do the same. If we can't then we can also just accept the fact we will never be on that level. There is no reason to expect a serious home discount from Donna. The kid wants and deserves his money. If the market dictates 8 million or whatever per year, then he should get it and Milan should pay that.

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
Nah I was with you for most of it Bono, defenitely must keep him, top quality and homegrown. But an 18 year old shouldnt be able to demand 8m a year after 18 months of playing with you. No one else will pay that too, not yet atleast, no goalie earns that either, position isnt decisive enough even if key role.

P.S @Johan, you are the residental Milan youth expert I presume, I'm watching U20 WC between Italy and Zambia (insanely fun game, 2-2 after 90 mins, overtime now), Milan tends to have the strongest youth academy past years and in most youth NTs, but its weird how I dont see any Milan player in this team (unless they loaned out somewhere from Milan without me knowing etc).

Edit: NVM Johan :D The kid who possibly decided things in overtime as a late sub, is apparently a Milan product called Vido (1st goal Juve player and their star in Orsolini, 2nd clutch freekick Inter player Di Marco, now Vido).

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Osman - the key is what you said next "nobody would give 8m". Well if nobody will we won't either. But if Juve City Chelsea etc are giving that , IF, we should too. That is all I am saying.

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
Osman - the key is what you said next "nobody would give 8m". Well if nobody will we won't either. But if Juve City Chelsea etc are giving that , IF, we should too. That is all I am saying.
As a hypothetical yes, you should if they are, but if you can afford it. You have to consider overall team building right now and not just icing on the cake signing like those richer teams would. Even if this kid is the biggiest piece of the new team building.

Anyways I really wonder what he is asking for if he turned down 4.5m? If you can believe the media that is. Question is how much of is entirely about salary and more about the kind of procentages Raiola will get? Or transfer clauses?

·
Scudetto
23,387 Posts
According to reports it is the clauses (set forth by Raiola), not the actual salary, that is currently the point of contention.

These clauses relate to release fees etc if Milan don't make CL etc

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
As a hypothetical yes, you should if they are, but if you can afford it. You have to consider overall team building right now and not just icing on the cake signing like those richer teams would. Even if this kid is the biggiest piece of the new team building.

Anyways I really wonder what he is asking for if he turned down 4.5m? If you can believe the media that is. Question is how much of is entirely about salary and more about the kind of procentages Raiola will get? Or transfer clauses?

Hi Osman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
Hi my favourite madarchod.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Not to mention the ripple effect on the other members of the team.
The latest is Raiola asked Milan to wait until the 12th or 13th of this month for their response. Milan said okay but won't wait beyond that.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Riaola probably wants the same clauses Pogba had in his Juve contract which enabled him get a huge part of the transfer fee ffs. He is just a fvcking agent, he shouldn't be entitled to get that amount.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Riaola probably wants the same clauses Pogba had in his Juve contract which enabled him get a huge part of the transfer fee ffs. He is just a fvcking agent, he shouldn't be entitled to get that amount.
Apparently some think he is. Do whatever to keep the golden kid, you know ?

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Can we please take out our dicks when we discuss Gigi? Management will do what is best for Milan, not the player, not the agent, and not the fans.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
There is no AC Milan without the fans. I agree on the rest.
Keep your dicks please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
He was able to get that clause with us because he managed to get us Pogba for free. Supreme gift horse for nothing but that clause basically.

What incentive does Milan have to give him such? Donna is already your player, not on pro long contract but yours. And allways been.

All this hoopla will be for nothing, you will keep this kid.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
He was able to get that clause with us because he managed to get us Pogba for free. Supreme gift horse for nothing but that clause basically.

What incentive does Milan have to give him such? Donna is already your player, not on pro long contract but yours. And allways been.

All this hoopla will be for nothing, you will keep this kid.

Yes exactly. Fifa and Uefa shouldn't tolerate the agents getting more money than the players.

IMO the wage is not at all the problem. Donna would have been happy with a 2m contract, but Riaola of course doesnt care for the wage he wants big profits for himself and will do whatever is needed.

The good thing is that Donna seems to be attached to the team, the bad thing is that he is 18 and when you are that young you can get easily manipulated ;)

The best case scenario is, like in FM, the management to ask Donna to sack that sob Riaola and in that way he will also get more money for himself. :)

·
Registered
15,744 Posts
I would be careful about Dembele. It's like signing a star striker from the Eredivisie. Could be a spectacular success, but more often than not will flop in a bigger league.

If the price is right it's probably a risk worth taking, but we shouldn't overspend on that dude just because he ran up the numbers in a Mickey mouse league.

I was speaking to a colleague today who is a Fulham fan who has seen Dembele a lot in the flesh (he signed from Fulham to Celtic).

He says Dembele reminds him of Drogba. Physical striker who knows where the goal is.

I wonder if the management are looking for a lower profile, cheaper alternative to the other names being mentioned (Morata, Belotti, Aubameyang) or if they would look to sign Dembele as a back-up. I'm guessing the former, as Lapadula is a sufficient back-up striker and Dembele needs regular football to develop.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Lapadula certainly is not a sufficient back-up striker if we have any serious ambitions. We'll hopefully be playing a lot of matches the following seasons. Lapa can be the back-up of the back-up striker.

·
Registered
15,744 Posts
For next season he is sufficient. When we're back in CL we'll need better strength in depth, but there is only so much that can be done with the time and money available and he'll be an ideal option for Thursday night football and Coppa Italia.

11561 - 11580 of 13354 Posts