Xtratime Community banner

11521 - 11540 of 13353 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
At the risk of being controversial, I also always have this feeling that Buffon is a bit overrated. He's been excellent for decades, a world class keeper for sure, but not that level people want to elevate him to. But that's my view. Feel free to berate me ☺

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
The ref? The only truly bad call was the 2nd yellow but at that time the game was more or less done and dusted. there was a CR handball at one free kick but these things at that speed are very difficult to spot ... overall the German was pretty good and balanced imo ...

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
At the risk of being controversial, I also always have this feeling that Buffon is a bit overrated. He's been excellent for decades, a world class keeper for sure, but not that level people want to elevate him to. But that's my view. Feel free to berate me ☺

Dida deserve more credit over his performance.
And he is a CL winner too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
What I found funny at the Juve forum was the complaints about the referee. Ironic, to say the least

Jube and referee goes hand in hand if you get what I mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59,355 Posts
What I found funny at the Juve forum was the complaints about the referee. Ironic, to say the least ?
They obviously miss their beloved Italian refs in CL.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Morata ended with the saying "you never know".
Well, we don't "want to know". Any player that said Juve is his second home, after being asked if would join Milan, can go sh1t himself for all I care ?
Yeah let's get rid of Donarumma because folks have decided he's a spoiled brat, let's not sign Morata because he said Juve feels like home. Any other emotional veto?

We're talking professional football here, guys. Money and a realistic ambitious project and these guys will give their 100%. Plus 99% of those who claim "only Milan" and whatnot are full of shit.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah let's get rid of Donarumma because folks have decided he's a spoiled brat, let's not sign Morata because he said Juve feels like home. Any other emotional veto?
You contradict yourself here. So when Morata said "Juve is home", was he not speaking emotionally? Why would I as fan be faulted when I also feel emotionally about the club I support through thick and thin?

We're talking professional football here, guys. Money and a realistic ambitious project and these guys will give their 100%. Plus 99% of those who claim "only Milan" and whatnot are full of shit.
Exactly! Like Donnarumma, right? He proclaimed he's born Milanista and breathes Milan. Now he's shown where his loyalty lies (Raiola & money) So again, why should us fans feel any love for someone who's full of shit, according to your analysis, or even want him?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
If anything, Buffon has been underrated outside of Italy and Serie A fans for a large part of his career. For years most people would say that Kahn, Casillas, Van der Saar, Cech, Julio Cesar and others were the best in the world, when Buffon was by far the most reliable keeper since the late 1990s, when he was incredibly young. All of those folks (and others, like Dida, Cordoba, etc) had great seasons, but Buffon has always been by far the best. Real worldwide recognition only arrived after 2006.

And arguably since around 2010 there have been proper challengers, like Neuer or Courtois, but Buffon has done remarkably well to remain an elite nearing 40, although he is certainly far from alone in that.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
belotti seems like a combination of gilardino/immobile.

11521 - 11540 of 13353 Posts