Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beaten by the mighty giants Histon.

The only goal was scored by a guy who works as a postman.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
What a friggin joke. Saw my mate in town last night who said he had to get up at 7 to go down there... how i feel sorry for him.

What a ****ing joke.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Well I saw the match on ITV as I saw the playoffs and nothing else thank you. That's what happens when you live thousands of miles away from Leeds and they are playing in the 3rd division.
What is absolutley clear mind you is that this team doesn't lack fighting spirit. No, it's just shit. It plays shit because it's got shit players. Quite a few of them just shouldn't be wearing the shirt.
Personally, if it's true that we can buy Elland Road and Thorp Arch back soon, I'm prepared to wait because it was the impatience and glory hunting of Ridsdale that got us into this mess.
But sooner or later, somebody is going to have to delve into their cheque book and get us out of this because in this day and age a youth academy is not enough.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
I just think Gary Mac is a bit out of his depth, but maybe I'm being a tad bit harsh on the man.

To be fair, anyone could have lost at Histon. The conditions, the fighting spirit, the passion they showed etc. It was a real banana skin - They beat Swindon in the previous round as well.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I just think Gary Mac is a bit out of his depth, but maybe I'm being a tad bit harsh on the man.

To be fair, anyone could have lost at Histon. The conditions, the fighting spirit, the passion they showed etc. It was a real banana skin - They beat Swindon in the previous round as well.
The problem is that he doesn't have a plan B. We have a good squad that can play good football but that doesn't always work, yet he doesn't seem to realise this. Also 'good football' can soon become passing the ball around the midfield for the whole game getting no where then getting caught on a corner...

The defence can be iffy too, but Marques and Sheehan are back so no doubt it will swapped about again. Thing is, it doesn't seem to make much difference who plays till now, so do you look at the players or those that coach them. After all the players have shown they can do a good job for is previously :undecide: I guess we just have to find the right combination :googly:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Thats what pisses me off Shory.. the right combination, hes been in charge a year now and had all this time since this summer to find a combination.

The defence is shocking, Marques was a stand out player at the ANC, touted by premiership clubs and an absolute hero.. now he looks slow and fat. Michalik was a premiership first teamer, scoring against Chelsea... now hes shit. I dont know where its gone wrong.

We have luxury players like Snodgrass and Robinson... ive never hated a player as much as Robinson.. hes absolutely useless and 8k a week is a joke. Snodgrass is good, but i rarely see results off the lad.

Gary Mac needs to be able to alter games in the last 20 minutes, with suitable substitues and a change of tactics or whatever, but it never seems to happen.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Actually is was Robinson that set me off on the slightly unfair rant. In all my years watching footy I don't recall a big overweight winger like that.
And Jibril's comment about anyone could have lost at Histon is fair enough; it seemed like a set up in one of those dusty old western towns from the beginning and oh wasn't the coverage sickening!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Actually is was Robinson that set me off on the slightly unfair rant. In all my years watching footy I don't recall a big overweight winger like that.
And Jibril's comment about anyone could have lost at Histon is fair enough; it seemed like a set up in one of those dusty old western towns from the beginning and oh wasn't the coverage sickening!
Surprisingly all the media is on our side about the coverage, was disgraceful.

Went to York in pre-season and took my dad on a day out, he was pissing himself at how fat robinson was, its no longer funny anymore.

A good coining should do the job.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The thing about Robinson is that he seems like does have technical ability, but he's a winger. Two important things for a winger to do: beat a man, good final ball, but doesn't seem to do either. Snodgrass is better IMO and has been playing well recently.

One thing to point out too, Robinson is right footed, Snodgrass left-footed. McAllister seems to like playing them on the 'wrong' side....

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
ITV football coverage is always shit... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwywcM_sdQ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts