Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Poland and Croatia finally in some type of draw together.

As an aside, Poland is the defending Euro U-18 champs, which therefore will be entering this U-19 tourny.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very true....U17's and U19's are a crap shoot. Some make it big..others don't.

Perfect example is Ghana....they always seem to be in the finals or semi-finals of every youth age groups World Championships and nothing becomes of its players and Ghana can never qualifies for the big show, the World Cup.

But then again, its been alleged that Ghana uses over age players. Who knows but the fact is their youth program is great, but it never translate to a powerful senior program.

·
Registered
36,150 Posts
No players? One I can think of, gifted midfielder Niko Kranjcar. The team is built around him, talent scouts in Croatia say they've seen nothing like him since a young Zvone Boban first captained Dinamo at age 18.

Niko is eligable for the U17's

·
Registered
114 Posts
Kranjcar is great. Strong, fast, highly skilled. He dominated England in qualifying for the last Junior WC. Another is Ljubojevic for Osijek. A lot of clubs abroad have been looking at him.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Krajncar captained the U17 team that played for the U17 Youth World Championships this past September in Trinidad and Tobago. I was supposed to go, but unfortunatly Sept. 11th happened and my plans got thrown out the door.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Will be interesting to see how the Cro v Yug match will go, just to give us a comparison between the two at that age. The Cro youth teams have been doing pretty good so hopefully both teams can continue that.

·
Registered
36,150 Posts
Wasn't Kranjcar playing for the U16 side last year? I might be wrong (it wouldn't be a first ;) )

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ero..you are right....

Krajncar played with the U16 team that won the Bronze at the European Championships....then this team went on to represent Croatia in what fifa calls the U17 World Championships.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts