Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the first round of matches, Rustu is the third most successful keeper so far (behind Seaman and Sorensen). This is done according to the stats.

And Reuters (UK) have their best 11:

Friedel (USA), Cafu (Brazil), Cannavaro (Ýtaly), Rio Ferdinand (England), Kim Tae-Young (S.Korea), Diao (Senegal), Torrado (Mexico), Inamoto (Japan), Hasan Sas (Turkey), Ronaldo (Brazil), Raul (Spain).

Well done so far to Hasan & Rustu. (Masallah - ok getting superstitious now:D )

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
sas is in the top 11 of the first roound! excellent!
i think emre has been one of the most influential midfielders of the world cup so far...only if he didnt do that stupid move against the costa rica bench, he would have made his mark in the world media for sure...

and now he is out for this game, hope we win this game then he has another game to show moreof his skills...

i am disappointed by yildiray so far though...

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
What did Emre do to the Costa Rican bench? I missed that part.

By the way, congratulations on the win today. I just finished watching it. Turkey looked clinical. I think they are on their way to becoming one of the powerhouses of Europe.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very kind words, thanks nibble.

In the Costa Rica game (as 1-1) the ball went off and one of the CR staff grabbed it. It may have been to waste time and this incensed Emre, who in turn pushed the guy. Don't get me wrong, Emre shouldn't have done it and will learn (I hope).

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Davala's dad happy with son's goal, but detests his new hairdo

ANKARA, June 18 (AFP) - The father of Turkish midfielder Umit Davala, who scored Turkey's winning goal against Japan, congratulated his son Tuesday, but struck a disapproving note of his new hair-style.

Davala's header sealed the 1-0 score in the match against the World Cup hosts and guaranteed Turkey's first-ever place in the quarterfinals.

"I expected my son to score. Like any Turk, I am very happy," Ali Davala told Anatolia news agency in the western city of Izmir.

But he quickly added: "It is strange he had this weird haircut."

Davala had long sported a long hair, but he surprised Turkish fans during their second game in the group stage -- against Costa Rica -- when he appeared on the pitch with his hair shaven on the two sides of his head with only a strip left in the middle.

"He said there was lots of humidity over there and that his hair disturbed him. I do not think he will continue with this hair-style when he comes back," Ali Davala said.

"Plus I do not think (Galatasaray coach Fatih) Terim will leave him like this. Terim is a very disciplined coach," he added.

Umit Davala is returning this year to Istanbul giants Galatasaray after a low-profile season with AC Milan.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
"Plus I do not think (Galatasaray coach Fatih) Terim will leave him like this. Terim is a very disciplined coach," he added.

See....even Umit´s father knows this......wish that he could be the NT coach aswell as Gala. Man this Gunes sucks....it´s a dame shame for his coban football knowledge.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
There have been some rumors that Hasan could head to Juventus, but the Chairman of the club said that he did not believe Hasan had the talent to play in Serie A.

I don't understand that at all really, he certainly has the ability to play for many Italian clubs, though I doubt he could start with Juve next season.:confused:

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
I think Hasan would be stupid to move to Italy...
They spend millions on a player, then somehow ruin the player and sell him back for a fraction of the price 2 years later :rolleyes:

Hasan would be best off in Spain...If an offer doesn't come, then stay with Gala...After all, they beat at least 1 Italian team every year :D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Hasan would be best off in Spain...
I think he would be a lot more succesfull in Premiere league. I would like to see him with M. United uniform;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts