Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if something like this is already on the forum. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks our squad for next season should be. Here's what I think.
Sign a top class keeper. Anyone really. So our GKs for next season should be Top Class keeper, Lehmann and Taylor as third choice (say bye bye Manuel).
RB - Fine, Etame "Charles Bronson" Lauren, Eboue and Toure
LB - Superb as it is, Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy
CB - Sign either Metzelder or Kompany, or even both. Sol, Toure, Metzelder/Kompany, Senderos (sorry Pascal, you just can't cut it)
RM/LM - Fine, Ljungberg, Pires and Reyes. Perhaps a fourth winger should be added. I think Pennant should be sold. He's a bit of a silly willy.
CM - Grrreat! Let's give this Edu guy a nice contract please. Vieira, Gilberto, Edu, Fabregas and Flamini.
FW - Perhaps the addition of one English style centre forward, unless we can pump this Arturo fella full of anabolic steroids (ala Juventus). Titi the God, Taxi for Dennis, Reyes, Robin van Persie, Qunicy and Lupoli (sorry Aliadiere, but you go to Paris if you want to so badly)

So there we are. I don't think the squad needs a major revamp. As long as we stay injury free for most of the season (obviously all would be better, but I'll be realistic) and add a top class keeper, we should do fine for next season.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I only want one name. Just one name and I'll be the happiest Gooner :

Christian Chivu

:hopefull:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
I only want one name. Just one name and I'll be the happiest Gooner :

Christian Chivu

:hopefull:
to play in goal ? :googly: :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Next year's squad:

Goalkeepers: Sebastian Frey, Lehmann, Taylor

Defence: Cole, Clichy, Campbell, Senderos, Toure, Lauren, Radoi, Kompany, Eboue

Midfield: Ljungberg, Pires, Vieira, Fabregas, Flamini, Gilberto, Wright-Phillips, Yaya Toure

Strikers: Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Bentley, Kaka (Please God!!)

Players out: Reyes, Aliadiere, Pennant & Edu

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
get Casilas, SWP, Hleb and a SUPERSTAR to replace Bergkamp.

Considering the status SWP have acheived so right now and considering his cost, he is no less than a superstar. Infact all the hype and rumours which we are hearing about buying superstar is indirectly pointing towards SWP.

Who else a superstar we can buy? Ronaldinho? :googly:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
to play in goal ? :googly: :D

No, I mean he is the only player I want for this team. For GK issue, I'll trust the decision to the hand of our manager. :pp

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
GK: Kameni, this is a must, or Cudicini:)
CB: Not sure, but i would like to see cygan leave.
CM: VAN BOMEL, Edu will go, and this great player is free.
RM: SWP!
LM:HLEB
FW no need because if we get two wongers, than reyes and van persie, henry can be the strikers role, thats if we dont get DB to sign

·
63,337 Posts
nEEbz said:
Considering the status SWP have acheived so right now and considering his cost, he is no less than a superstar. Infact all the hype and rumours which we are hearing about buying superstar is indirectly pointing towards SWP.

Who else a superstar we can buy? Ronaldinho? :googly:
agreed, but i dunno if you can call a player that isn't even a NT regular as a superstar though :party:

and to replace Bergkamp ?

it can only be KAKA as Goonermc has predicted , we can take him out of his hatred of Milano, the boy is depressed being there with such bad people, we will be doing him a favour

--------------Iker
Kolo-----Sendo---Sol/Chivu----Ash
---------Fab---Paddy
SWP-------Kaka------Hleb/Bob
---------------Henry

:lick:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
If I may suggest, if you want a replacer for Bergkamp, sign Aimar. He is fast, great passing and ball control, and a Bergkamp type player who wants to play behind real striker and play supporting role in team. But you know the cost....

·
63,337 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
If I may suggest, if you want a replacer for Bergkamp, sign Aimar. He is fast, great passing and ball control, and a Bergkamp type player who wants to play behind real striker and play supporting role in team. But you know the cost....
we'd need two footballs with Henry and Aimar. :D

tbh, Bergkamp the younger was like a version of Aimar and Kaka crossed, he had all the bits of their game plus more.

i think it will be impossible to replace him like for like. :(

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
we'd need two footballs with Henry and Aimar. :D

'we have enough balls with Henry in the team :cool:'

this quote should go in the Appreciation thread :thmbsup:

·
63,337 Posts
nEEbz said:
'we have enough balls with Henry in the team :cool:'

this quote should go in the Appreciation thread :thmbsup:
is that a recommendation ? :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
I got a feeling AW be going for the big fishes in the summer. Prepare yourselves for the biggest shock signing since Sol Campbell was rescued from the lane !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well if Arsenal makes a deal with Real Madrid for Reyes, we might get Owen or Raul, maybe even Fatnaldo, for some more money. I dont think we have a chance at getting Kaka, he has a great future with Milan, and he is more valuable then Reyes in the market.

·
63,337 Posts
the only player worth geting from RM is Casillas, Fatnaldo will be finished in two years because of his moody knees.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts