Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have nothing. Absolutly nothing left.

When I started to cheer for this team 8 years ago I could connect my myself to some players. I really loved our stars and it felt so good when superteams had respect for us. We was a Scudetto-challenger and our stars really enjoyed playing with us. I loved Thuram, Buffon, Crespo, Asprilla and Cannavaro. I loved them all.

Then something happend. We sold Crespo...We sold Buffon and it started to do down for us. It looked like everybody had lost faith in us and we wasn't good enough suddenly. The problem was that the market was not like before. We thought that it would be better for a small town like us but we had wrong.

Mutu, Lamuchi and Appiah was all sold before this season. When we should Mutu we thought we had a small squad. We really thought that our midfield and attack was to small. Now in january we have even smaller. Filippini, Adriano and Nakata gone...Ferrari on his way out just like Frey.

Our soul is gone. We have nothing left.

Sorry for making a thread but I fet I had to.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I know what you mean. There is only 2 players I even take joy in seeing in our colours, Barone & Cardone.

But worse than our soul, our midfield is gone.:rollani:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't even imagine myself loving a player like Ferrari. I KNOW he will be sold. Why bother then...:(

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes I wonder how it is like cheering for Juve or Milan. How it is like to connect with a player like Del Piero or Shevschenko. Those player will stay as long as the team wants them to..:rolleyes:

Oh well. We have Benny.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Shero said:
Sometimes I wonder how it is like cheering for Juve or Milan. How it is like to connect with a player like Del Piero or Shevschenko. Those player will stay as long as the team wants them to..:rolleyes:

Oh well. We have Benny.
Yeah, we've Benny. Last player like him we will ever see at Parma no doubt, not even Simone will be here & show that level of loyalty I fear.:depress:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cam said:
Yeah, we've Benny. Last player like him we will ever see at Parma no doubt, not even Simone will be here & show that level of loyalty I fear.:depress:
I don't think Barone will stay. The reason why Benny stayed with us for so long was because we were a competive side when he still was on top. Now that we don't have much to offer Barone he will probably switch club if a better club comes with a bid. I understand him. He has ambition with his career.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Shero said:
Sometimes I wonder how it is like cheering for Juve or Milan.
It's boring supporting for these team :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

remeber,if u love your team u have to suffer with them like u have to be happy when they win.:star:

:star: Forza Parma:star:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Tough time for Parma fans. :( :(

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
its still your team, you gotta love em....forget Juve and Milan, there fans will remind you of those clubs more then you could ever want to hear

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Our soul is not gone. And if it's gone it didn't go now. The ambition you mistake for soul went with Crespo, Thuram and Buffon, or maybe already with Veron.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
The Soul of the Club are the fans not the players. :cool: :cool:

We are still around.:)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yeah it a tough time for the club...but unlike most people I'm not bothered with who left, who has come...I care more about the club...players come and go club remains.:) Club remains with or without stars...great players...etc

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
GaGa said:
Yeah it a tough time for the club...but unlike most people I'm not bothered with who left, who has come...I care more about the club...players come and go club remains.:) Club remains with or without stars...great players...etc
Actually it's not about players cuz even I suprprised myself that I wasn't ABIT unhappy about Adriano moving to Inter, but I'm very depressed as we for about 6 years will be like Brescia ...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Well if we are the soul of club then it is not gone.

It's all semantics really anyway.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:
Zicu will give you some soul :)
No he won't. He'll get first team football & then he'll go back to Inter. How can we even care about him when he is just here for 1 1/2 years? I don't even want to see him in the Primavera, never mind in the first team.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I don't agree with you. The soul is about the club and the fans, not about individual players.

As a football fan, I really appreciate the loyal supporters of some very small local non-professional clubs. They would just support the teams with their passion no matter what happens, e.g. promotion, relegation...

We Parma fans have to accept what has already happened. Our beloved club is unlucky to be fallen into some bad hands and isn't handled in a way that we would like to see... are we still there to support the team then?

Players come and go, and the real supporters don't.

We are still here, and hence, the soul as well. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts