94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
Nov 3rd, 2009

5:00pm Colón vs Huracán TyCSports Live Argentina Primera Division

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
Its the end of all Leagues in S America and summer looms...Time to switch the TV to the Northern Hemisphere..Plenty of UEFA action this week !!!!

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
South American Dispatch: Lionel Messi Pays Respect To Estudiantes

Tim Sturtridge, Goal.com

The first Argentine to win the Ballon d’Or was quick to point out that he does not expect Saturday’s Club World Cup final between Barcelona and Estudiantes to be an easy game.

Lionel Messi identified the quality of the Estudiantes’ team which booked their place in the final on Tuesday with a 2-1 win over Pohang Steelers of South Korea.

Speaking after his own team’s semi-final win over Mexican outfit Atlante the pint-sized striker revealed that he expects a very tight game when he lines up against Estudiantes at the weekend.

“It is not just Veron who has class, when we play Estudiantes we will face a great team with very good players.” Messi said.

Messi’s relationship with Veron on the pitch will be key to Argentina’s World Cup hopes next year and the two are also close friends off the pitch. Messi revealed that he will be sending Veron a good luck message in the build up to Saturday’s final.

The Barcelona man was also full of praise for Atlante, who provided a far sterner test for the Catalan outfit than may expected.

“We knew today was going to be a challenge we had to get through. Atlante are here for a reason, they have a very good team.” Messi added.

The Argentine striker complained of a little pain in his ankle after the game in which he returned from injury, coming off the bench to score. Messi said he was thankful that he now has three days to recover before facing Estudiantes in the final.

Palmeiras Snap Up Highly Rated Stopper Danilo Larangera

Palmeiras have signed up the young talented centre-back Danilo Larangera after the player impressed during a year-long loan from Atletico-PR.

The Verdao were forced to stump up the €1 million transfer fee to secure the player’s services for next year and have agreed to share 20% of any future transfer fee with Atletico-PR.

Although Danilo Larangera was on loan last season he was handed the captain’s armband by Mano Menezes after impressing with his displays at the back. The defender featured in 64 of Palmeiras’ 71 games last year and interest in the player has already been registered by Liverpool and Fiorentina.

Despite last season ending with Palmeiras missing out on a spot in next year’s Copa Libertadores, Danilo Larangera insisted he is over the moon after making his move to the Sao Paulo side a permanent one.

“Palmeiras is already my home. Even without winning titles this year and the problems the team has faced I have learned to love the club with all my body and soul.” Danilo Larangera said. “People know that I do not talk about these things before they happen but I really wanted these negotiations to be successful.”

Danilo Larangera and his Palmeiras team-mates will have to make do with battling for the Copa Sudamericana, Copa du Brasil and the league title next year after missing out on the Copa Libertadores.

“Palmeiras are a team who have a proud history of winning and the players want to carry on in this spirit next year.” Danilo Larangera added. “We do not enter competitions just to compete, we come always to win and that is how it will be in 2010.”

How Much Does That Brazilian Costa?

The paper talk surrounding Douglas Costa of Gremio and a move to Manchester United seems to have been a mere disguise for the real destination of the talented midfielder.

The firm interest in the player is from Shakhtar Donetsk of Ukraine and the negotiations, which started in early December, appear to be reaching a conclusion.

The fee is believed to be in the region of €7 million for half of the player’s registration with Gremio hopeful of a further windfall once the player does his magic in Europe.

“To be honest, I’m still not aware of the club president’s valuation of the player but I think he has told Shakhtar that the offer is not enough.” Costa’s agent Cezar Bottega said. “I believed an increased proposal could be on it’s way in the next few days.”

As well as Manchester United firm interest in the player appears to have come from Lille, Villarreal and Tigres of Mexico according to Gremio president Duda Koreff.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
Maradona planning TV, Internet channel

MEXICO CITY (AP)

—Diego Maradona is preparing to launch his own television and Internet channel.

A company identified as On & Off Holdings said Thursday the launch will take place next week, though it offered few details and did not say exactly where or when the channel could be viewed. It did not explain the format.

Maradona has been widely criticized as the coach of Argentina, which struggled to qualify for this year’s World Cup in South Africa. However, he is no stranger to television. In 2005 his Argentine talk show “La Noche del 10 (The Night of the No. 10)” soared to unexpected popularity.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
Other GREAT web site I have come across:

www.atdhe.net

Ck it out !!!!
So far..the better site I have found regarding LIVE video coverage

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
5:00pm U. Católica vs Club Atlético Colón FSE Live Copa Libertadores

7:30pm Ca Lanús vs Libertard FSE Live Copa Libertadores

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
Barely 3 months for the WC !!!!!!!!

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
Plenty of Libertadores ever week day between tuesdays and thursdays !!!!!

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #631
Plenty Libertadores action this week...the Last one till after the World Cup.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
Coming up a shitload of games in just a few short days !!!!

·
Nasty Woman
22,582 Posts
Yay!

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
Glad the WC is over..Im deaf after 30 days of those insane horns !!!!! :eek:

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #635

LO QUE QUEDA DE RONALDO…

Era el mejor del jugador del mundo. Un fenómeno. Un crack al que daba gusto y placer verlo jugar. Pero lamentablemente, esto es lo que queda de él…

Absolutamente fuera de forma, entrenó en el Corinthians en un partido ante la Sub 18 del 'Timao'. Y su estado físico es simplemente impresentable. Ya había dicho que el físico le está pasando la cuenta. Acá eso quedó clarísimo.

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
Plenty on the Tube...every frikken week !!!

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #637

·
94,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
A few of the friendlies 2 day

6:45pm Chile vs Uruguay FIFA.com Live Friendly
7:00pm Colombia vs Peru FIFA.com Live Friendly
7:30pm Ecuador vs Venezuela FIFA.com Live Friendly