Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.Jadransport.com :

Barca against Collina

Barcelona have criticised UEFA´s decision to have Pierluigi Collina referee their Champions League second-leg clash with Real Madrid.

Barca´s reasoning is that Collina has contact with the same sportswear company as Real stars Zinedine Zidane and Raul.

The Catalans vice-president Angel Fernandez said that Collina is "a great referee" before adding: "Although we have seen images of shared moments of euphoria and enthusiasm with players of Madrid as they share the same sport mark."

He was speaking with reference to pictures released in the Spanish media of Collina, Zidane and Raul laughing and joking off-camera while a promotional video was being shot.
I mean ... seriously the Barça-board are making a joke of emselves with that. :( Collina is the best ref in the world IMHO and if I had to set a ref for any important match I would not doubt a second but take him. I don't think that it's useless for our clubs reputation to search for an excuse or a for a possible upset responsible before the match is played. :eek: :wth:

BTW: Kluivert surely was in that promotion video as well since he has a contract with adidas as well. :rolleyes:

Finally I don't have the slightest doubt that Collina will lead the match in the impressive and fair style we are used from him. :)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
yeah I didn't get it either when I read this news at first, I always rated the Barça-board as retards but now they made me look even more negative at them. I mean, accussing a ref of biasm because he has the same shoes as some RM-players :eek: Kluivert has Adidas too, I think Overmars too.

I feel a bit ashamed of the Barça-board :embarass:

:rollani:

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
if only he hadn't given a red card to Patje at WC'98
I was just about to post this when I read started reading the replies to this thread...

Collina is a good ref but that red card in 98 was total *#%"%:devil: :devil:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Krijn said:
WTF?????
If anyone's a good ref it has to be Pierluigi Collina!
Hehe, maybe. But, I seem to recall that Collina has been banned for the last 3 weeks from any games that involve the top 4 teams in serie a.

It had to do with his controversial decisions in a recent game involving roma i think.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I just want to thank you for not buying into the BS!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i think that collina will be good....but i think that rm too will refuse that collina referee this game, becuase they are linked with another referee ($) :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The guy is famous, thanks to his extraordinary decisions. Concedering our few chances to go through, I think Fantomas is our main hope. Please, senor Collina, do something extraordinary this time too.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Hmm... Collina is usully very poor when it comes to Barça. We often get more fouls against us. Anyway I don`t agree with the board, but I understand their reaction because it wasn`t around any Barça player he had his arm around on the photos which has been published in the papers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts