Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its obvious that we attack and pull men up front and do all kinds of things. HOwever, I think we are flawed. We can't take 15 shots on goal and 5 on target and score 0 and have Milan have 5 shots with 1 on target or something and score. We are doing something wrong.

My qualm:

1) Either take better shots, and more shots instead of passing
or
2) We just don't have any finishers on our team, other than an aged Vieri....

Thoughts?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really think so? I don't believe in luck, but I do believe in money laundering... J/k

but seriously, something is wrong with us...we can't do this all the time

and how come we score so easily in the latter parts of the match?

is it a player's mentality?

·
Registered
60,420 Posts
Good thread, Pulsar.

For starters, Dida was :eekani: Not many goalies would save Mihajlovic's free kick in the first leg and Van Der Medye's shot in the second leg.

Secondly, you'd have to take into consideration that we didn't exactly face a mickey mouse backline and they didn't allow our forwards to breath. And we do have the best attack in Serie A and amongst the best three attacking teams in the CL.

What I like about this Inter is the way we impose our style of play and run games. How many teams can dominate Milan ? Not many. That's a good sign and I'm optimistic.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
They just finish better and yes obviously mentality helps but they make alot of chances even before then. Basically they always have the mentality to make the chances even from the start, The finishing needs to be more cynical but even then you don't deserve all these draws over the whole season but who knows.

Its a mystery to be honest.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think we need to get Zidane/Aimar/Ronaldinho and put him into our lineup instead of Veron. I think Veron is the weak link in our team. People say he's the man in our team, but I think that the position could be much better filled by a better player who is more active.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
The problem is the link between the midfield and attack. We have no player to do that, anyone who says Veron is that is funny

Second problem: Mancini's "tactical awareness". Filling out the game sheet is not tactics, all Mancini knows what to do is put 11 people on the field, but he offers no advice or tactical plan to any of them

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is all Veron is:

You see him ten times a game think he's Zidane or something and do a one-time flick towards an attacker, only for the pass to be intercepted...you call that world class playmaker?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Are you talking about the Milan game alone? Oh well for me the problem was DIDA and the injuries to Adri/Chino.

That was the main difference.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No man. I'm talking about ALL games against top notch opponents, with the exception of Raineier controlled clubs such as Valencia or teams that don't classify as top such as Porto.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well against Milan in 1st derby Recoba was on the bench, the 2nd derby league Adriano was on the bench Recoba not even called, Juve Inter when Mancini threw on Recoba/Bobo and Inter cameback. These 2 derbys in the CL both have been injured. Yes its a question of mentality but I have been saying all season Recoba with any of the strikers would make Inter challenge for title, Before his injury ofcourse.

Anyway thats my answer, Adriano/Martins/Vieri/Cruz along side Recoba from September Its not such a mystery for me but I would say maybe more respect and fairness shown to the squad would give Mancini abit more good fortune. Maybe.. but for sure its better that then not picking the best attacking formula and drawing.

Good luck to Inter in the future, Im off to bed.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
...What I like about this Inter is the way we impose our style of play and run games. How many teams can dominate Milan ? Not many. That's a good sign and I'm optimistic.
Are you saying Inter dominated Milan ?? Ok , this is good :D keep up the good work :thumbsup: :howler:

·
Registered
60,420 Posts
Nova said:
Are you saying Inter dominated Milan ?? Ok , this is good :D keep up the good work :thumbsup: :howler:
Yep, excluding the second half of the first Euroderby. But you took your chances (3 goals from 4 chances in two matches wow that's a one hell of a conversion rate) and deserve to go through.

It's the scoreline that counts afterall and you won.

Happy now ? :lala:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Yep, excluding the second half of the first Euroderby. But you took your chances (3 goals from 4 chances in two matches wow that's a one hell of a conversion rate) and deserve to go through.

It's the scoreline that counts afterall and you won.

Happy now ? :lala:
Haven't you learned soccer isnt only about attacking ? :eek:

·
Registered
60,420 Posts
Nova said:
Haven't you learned soccer isnt only about attacking ? :eek:
What's soccer ? :pp

You mean football. ;)

Yes, football is about both attacking and defending (eventhough a certain Latin American footballing nation might disagree :D)

We attacked better, you defended better and capitalized on your limited chances. Kudos to you, but what I said had nothing to do with "defending", I said that Inter dominated Milan and that's a fact.

Let's say that Inter dominated Milan but our defending let us down.

I have nothing against defending, I was one of the rare people on XT to applaud the Greeks on their european triumph rather than bashing their playing style and calling them defensive or boring.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thats what Milan do- they throw away the state of the game and tarnish all footballers who ever played just so they can get a win. They are a shame to anyone who ever touched a ball.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
What's soccer ? :pp

You mean football. ;)

Yes, football is about both attacking and defending (eventhough a certain Latin American footballing nation might disagree :D)

We attacked better, you defended better and capitalized on your limited chances. Kudos to you, but what I said had nothing to do with "defending", I said that Inter dominated Milan and that's a fact.

Let's say that Inter dominated Milan but our defending let us down.

I have nothing against defending, I was one of the rare people on XT to applaud the Greeks on their european triumph rather than bashing their playing style and calling them defensive or boring.

Well , Inter didnt dominated Milan . I mean , where did Inter dominated Milan ? when ? OK they pressed more , but dominating ? that like 30% against 70 % balpossesion ,and I dont think that was the case . but hey , that my opinion offcourse. :)

About Greece , I'm glad you think that way :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :star:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Well thats what Milan do- they throw away the state of the game and tarnish all footballers who ever played just so they can get a win. They are a shame to anyone who ever touched a ball.
Pulsar :wallbang: Do you actually watch Milan games ? If yes , are you still agreeing what you say ?? Milan is top class football , have and will beat the best .

For once, just stop bashing Milan because Inter lost. And btw , dont act like Inter playes wonderfull attacking football , cause they don't.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nova said:
Pulsar :wallbang: Do you actually watch Milan games ? If yes , are you still agreeing what you say ?? Milan is top class football , have and will beat the best .

For once, just stop bashing Milan because Inter lost. And btw , dont act like Inter playes wonderfull attacking football , cause they don't.

:D

FORZA PSV

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
:D

FORZA PSV
you mean , Forza anyone who plays against Milan :)

:D that won't take away the 2-0 and the 0-1 (or 0-3)

But hey , we need people like you , you know ... You're that guy I'm gonna point at when my son ask me " yo dad , i give you 10 bucks if you can find me a disposable Interista " :D eheheh

1 - 20 of 57 Posts