Xtratime Community banner

Our NT players

37K views 240 replies 51 participants last post by  Indra 
#1 ·
This thread is for reporting how our NT player did when they played for their team.

Today Ferdinand Coly was in the starting eleven for Senegal in their 1-0 away win in Sambia.
Marc Bresciano (57.) and Vincenzo Grella (71.) both came in in the 2nd half of Australia in their 7-0 win against the Solomon islands.
Zlatko Dedic is not in the squad of Slovenia, who are playing Norway.

Alessandro Rosina played a good match in yesterdays' 2-2 of Italys U21 against Scotland.
Daniele Bonera has not been called up for the Italian NT this time.

Jorge Bolano will play against Uruguay away with Colombia tomorrow night.

#3 ·
Bresciano would have been incredibly shocked to not make the starting XI. Lost his spot to Jason Culina, a guy who Hiddink actually tried to sign for PSV last week.

but yeah, new coach - new system. And right now, marco doesn't seem to be in his first XI plans.

#5 ·
I know we hate on Bonera a lot in this forum...but if fully fit, i don't see any way Lippi can avoid giving Bonera the right back spot. As it stands right now, candidates for that job are Zaccardo (who played attrocious against Scotland and Ireland...terrible defense with no help on offense), Fabio Grosso (hit and miss type player..better than Zaccardo), Panucci (won't get recalled cause Lippi hates him), Massimo Oddo (should be the starting right back but no one can ever see that for some reason), and finally Daniele Bonera (Lippi seems to like him, and he's not as much a defensive liability as Cristian Zaccardo has recently been).

#6 ·
What Italy SHOULD do, if Lippi was smart, is play a 3-4-1-2 set up like so:

------------------Buffon
-----Cannavaro---Nesta---Maldini (if he came back, which he should)
Camoranesi----Pirlo----De Rossi---Zambrotta
------------------Totti
---------Gilardino-------Cassano

By the way, the "dumbing down" so to speak of Gila has already begun now that he's left Parma. Wasn't even sitting on the bench against Scotland, mysteriously...he was supposed to be starting. Same thing has happened to many players that have left Parma...recently..Mutu, Di Vaio, Ferrari, Cannavaro (initially at Inter didn't play well), and Blasi. The lesson here to future Parma stars...don't leave, your chances of making NT our better here then at a big team.

#7 ·
Also, to add to what Djet said... I read that Ale Rosina played a excellent and inspired game for the azzurrini against Scotland. He definitely needs to get some playing time in at Parma.

Our midfield is definitely secure for the next 5 years with the creativity of Cigarini and Rosina, the tenacity, leadership and skill of Dessena, and the midfield general that I know Filippo Savi will develop into.

#9 ·
I think Grosso subbed for Zaccardo yesterday though.

#11 ·
Ohhh, right right

#13 ·
LucaGol Mesto is another option for right back. Honestly I almost think I'm GBA when I keep mentioning him for the right back spot. Anyway, if he's the right person for the job, he'll earn it, or it will be obvious to everyone else other than Lippi, and they'll scream for his resignation.

#14 ·
I've only seen Mesto play twice, but both times, he was very impressive and influential in the match. I think he was the starting RB in the friendly Italy played today against the Motherwell youth team. Definitely Mesto has a chance if he keeps up his good play.

#15 ·
And also Marco Cassetti is an option, however he should improve defesively. God knows who will make it...

Btw Adrian Mutu had a pretty good game against us (Czech republic), he scored 2 Crespo-goals and was second best performer (after Chivu) in the match. I admit I still love him.

And Adriano? I have no words...

#16 ·
Märco said:
Btw Adrian Mutu had a pretty good game against us (Czech republic), he scored 2 Crespo-goals and was second best performer (after Chivu) in the match. I admit I still love him.
Yes, Adrian Mutu is also one of my favourite ex-Parmigiani. He has so much skill...he's carrying Romania on his back right now with 4 goals in the past 2 games. If only we had the money to keep our players..$hit we'd have the scariest attack in the history of footall. Could u imagine a trident attack of

Mutu
Adriano -- Gilardino​

#20 ·
Amiumtaur said:
Adrian Mutu is a c/unt, straight up. Hell, I'd rather see Junior back in Parma colors than him.
Why do u hate Mutu? ..He's awesome

#22 ·
LucaGol said:
Why do u hate Mutu? ..He's awesome
Because we saved his ass.

Without Parma coming in for him just hours before the transfer deadline, he would of spent the season in Serie B with Verona.

Not even that, but he accepted the captains armband the following summer, just to suddenly leave for Chelsea.

We gave him a chance not to rot in the lower leagues of Italian Football, and he repays us by embarassing the club.

Yes, he's a very good footballer, but he's an arrogant ****, who i'd like to physical pummel the shit out of.

#24 ·
He also almost took us into Champions League.

#25 ·
I do like Mutu and i would have him back as he is a very good player and would help us but then again i have to agree with amiumtaur and Jianxing what he did was bad and it was another example of a Parma player leaving and not succeded. I am really sort of confused with Mutu i dont particularly like the guy but then again i probly would have him back if he would.

#26 ·
Ibrahima Camara played the first half for Guinea in their 2-1 away win at Botswana. He was taken off at halftime for Troyes-striker Ibrahima Bangoura. It was 1-0 for Botswana when Camara came off.

Daniele Bonera was expected to be in the starting lineup for Italy against Slovenia but he was not even on the bench. Zaccardo played instead of him and he scored the decisive goal.

Marc Bresciano scored twice in Australias 5-0 home-win in a friendly against Jamaica. His first goal was a shot from outside the box, the 2nd one
58' Aloisi pounces from close range after ball flicks off Bresciano.
- does that mean that Aloisi scored or Bresc scored? :D
Anyway, he had a great game and played 79 minutes before beeing taking off for Tim Cahill.
Vincenzo Grella came on in the 70th minute.

Luca Cigarini did not play in Italys U21 1-0 win against Slovenia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.