Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp has taken his first steps into management by applying to take his coaching badges in his native Holland.

The mercurial Dutchman hung up his boots at the end of the 2005-2006 season after an 11-year career with The Gunners that saw him win three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, the Footballer of the Year and PFA Player of the Year awards in 1998 and the long-standing admiration of many an observer.

After his testimonial in North London, the first game to be held at Emirates Stadium, his life outside of football has been typically low-key but Bergkamp has now shown an inclination to engage with the game once more.

The 38-year-old has applied to enroll on a course which is run by the Dutch Football Association and would enable him to coach in De Eredivisie.

He is eligible for a fast-track scheme having won 79 caps for his country, scoring 36 goals in the process, and has joined his former team-mates Tony Adams, Steve Bould and, briefly, Paul Merson in moving into the world of coaching.

Bergkamp told Dutch magazine Sportweek recently that : “Being out of the game is beginning to itch”, and it has been reported that he has now been installed as 16/1 to replace Arsene Wenger as Arsenal manager at some point in the future.

:D

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I think he'd be a great manager, or even an assistant one for that matter.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
course CL games in Southern and Eastern Europe might be a bit of a challenge, but perhaps he can be the first manager ever to do his teamtalks by phone? :D

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as it happens, he could get an Xtratime account, and do his teamtalks in the official matchthread. :D

DB 10 : come on lads, settle down.

Drito : f*ck off muppet

random fan of foriegn team : you suck catspiss.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
as it happens, he could get an Xtratime account, and do his teamtalks in the official matchthread. :D

I didn't like that as much, sorry. :moan:

I won't make a habit of this commentary.
LOL it was funny.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ILA's criticsm was like having a knife through my heart. :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If any retards tried to tell him to shut up he'd sneakily elbow them in the face and they'd be down for the count.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
:howler: He will have a slight problem there. Maybe he could be blindfolded and span around a few times to confuse him and next thing he knows he is sitting in a dugout in Istanbul.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
YES !!!!!

I knew it ! I knew it ! I knew it ! :happy::happy::happy:

My hero DB10 finally realized his destiny to share his intelligence, knowledge, and football ideas to the new generation. It's only a matter of time before he finally becomes Ajax first team coach.

Btw, he should cure his aerophobia. I don't want our future manager stay at home when the team played for CL away match.

LONG LIVE :star:BERGKAMP:star: !!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts

:howler:

It'd be interesting to see him in management, could actually see him being good.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Fu ck aerophobia. He can take a ferry to the continent and take a train wherever he has to go. Either that or send his number two Marc Overmars to away games.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
THERE'S ONLY ONE DENNIS BERGKAMP

ONE DENNIS BERGKAMP

WALKING ALONG

SINGING A SONG

WALKING IN A BERGKAMP WONDERLAND

1 - 20 of 44 Posts