Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO these are quite key, we are entering a stage of the season now where we should be picking up points against the teams we face. These are the fixtures

Roma - Lazio

Lecce - Roma

Roma - Fiorentina

Chievo - Roma

Roma - Cagliari

We should really be getting at least 13 points from these 5 fixtures and lifting us back up the table. Forza Roma.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Like I said after Juventus; this coming derby is the most important we've had in many years. Beating Chelsea was important, and should have turned things around for us. I'm pretty sure, though, that this derby is a key match for the rest of the season. If we can beat Lazio, then we have an easier away match to Lecce and then another hugely important game against Fiorentina. Basically we can turn things around by beating Lazio. I really do think so. If we manage to beat Lazio, however, is a whole other thing. Personally I think we'll lose 3-1 and just make the situation even worse. How can we beat Lazio now when they've beaten us so many times lately with the situation being totally different?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As against Chelsea, sometimes when you are in a bad state the only way forward is in the big matches. I agree, if we beat Lazio, we can turn things around. We shoukd have beaten Bologna, but now this game with Lazio is key. As far as I know we have a week off and then we play them. Its a good chance for victory. We have to be careful of Lazio's speed in attack however.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
I dunno, the players looked down and out vs. Bologna after the big Chelsea win, almost afraid. Juan was the only player who impressed me. But if Juan and Mexes can stabilize, we have a dream. We must build from the back like we have in the past. That means avoid playing Loria and continue to ensure that the midfield doesn't crack wide open. I'd also like to see Perrotta benched and Brighi not played on the wing, tho he can gave it his all last night.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think we have had a slightly tough schedule lately, the one game we would have expected to win at home to Sampdoria was cancelled... our away form is terrible, this will need to improve and our next 2 are Lecce and Chievo, which can be victories if we play as we could.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I think the Derby is the key to the whole season. If we win that, then we have 2 wins and 1 draw from our last 3 games and then we can go to Lecce confident that our form is good enough to win.

Winning the Derby will be very difficult though, but if we can do it - against the odds what with us being in much worse form this season and with our suspension (Pizarro) and injuries (Aquilani and probably Mexes) - then it could be the catalyst for our recovery.

It is no exaggeration to say our entire season rests on this Derby.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is also no exaggeration to say that maybe Spalletti's job rests on this derby.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I am not sure, I have a feeling Spalletti won't go anywhere unless we really become at risk of relegation come next Feb/March. Not because people like him, but cause we just can't afford doing that.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
Romanews.eu reports that De Rossi injured himself in today's training and is doubtful for the derby.

:groan:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great news, we go into yet another big game with big injury worries :rolleyes:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Wrist relief for De Rossi
Thursday 13 November, 2008
Roma ace Daniele De Rossi can breathe a sigh of relief as scans have shown he didn't fracture his wrist in training.

This Sunday evening, struggling Roma face buoyant Lazio in a crucial Rome derby at the Stadio Olimpico.

It's a crucial game for Luciano Spalletti, who is under pressure after a terrible start to the Serie A season.

It seemed earlier today that the Tuscan tactician would have to do without key midfielder De Rossi after he picked up a wrist injury in training.

Initial reports suggested that De Rossi had fractured his wrist, but it has now been confirmed that the injury isn't that serious.

It now looks likely that the Azzurri star will be selected in the squad to face Lazio, but he will have to strap up his wrist to prevent aggravating the problem.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good news indeed. Also I hope he plays and then this injury means he isnt called for Italy in the friendly next week to tire him further :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A pretty good start to this thread. Now lets see if we can go away from home and finally pick up some points.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 done and so far so good :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts