Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fencing. successor of Cross County skiing.

today won our fencing ladies team silver medals in World Cup. In final they lost to Russ****ia. It was our second medal from this world cup after Erika Kirpu won bronze medal.

Total, we have won 3 gold medals from last World Cups (2 by Nikolai Novosjolov and one by Julia Beljajeva) and many other medals from European championships.

Probably they will take care for our medals in Rio :)

·
1st Tier Poster
49,712 Posts
It's a completely irrelevant sport in world stage, I bet almost no Estonians know who the World Champions are in floret and espadron. Yet another opportunity to imagine that Estonian fringe athletes are famous on global stage.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a completely irrelevant sport in world stage, I bet almost no Estonians know who the World Champions are in floret and espadron. Yet another opportunity to imagine that Estonian fringe athletes are famous on global stage.
And I bet no one from out of Europe doesn`t know Veerpalu, Smigun and Mae too.

Wtf is floret and espadron?

·
1st Tier Poster
49,712 Posts
And I bet no one from out of Europe doesn`t know Veerpalu, Smigun and Mae too.

Wtf is floret and espadron?
the 2 other fencing styles: florett, espadron, epee are the Estonian names of these :D Foil, Sabre and Epee in English.

but it's like the first two doesn't even exist in Estonian sports media because we don't do these :lala: although all are equally represented in World Championships and Olympics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts