Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dear Juventini,

There was an announcement today about our new kits for the new season. We have some changes.

1)Lotto is replacing Kappa. We keep the traditional striped pattern and our 2nd kit will be silver!!!! That's a first in our history. The 3rd will be blue.

2)Ciaoweb will be a sponsor. Their logo will appear on the shoulders of the kits for the domestic and Champion's League games. All other games will have the Lotto logo. Yes, we still keep the telepiu' sponsorship.

Check out the official site for pics.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I don't like the home kit.
I dont like Lotto.
I don't like the Ciaoweb logo.
I even don't like the Tele+ logo.
The silver is cooool.
The navy blue is ugly.
The 3rd Jersey looks like another club.
I will get over the ugly jersey.
A team is not all about it's (ugly) jersey.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Kit

Flarg,

I understand. Calm down. It's not that bad. I admit I was upset that Kappa isn't our sponsor anymore.:( It seems like Kappa and Juve were a great team. They make the best looking kits plus I have all of the Kappa Juventus stuff. Darn!:mad: Anyway, Roma will be Kappa's big team now.:eek:

The home kit is traditional although it doesn't have the distinct Kappa stripes running down the sleaves and sides of the shorts. The silver 2nd will be interesting because it is a first in Juve history. I imagine the 3rd will be similar to our blue kit we've had before. No big suprise there.

R

·
0 Posts
i liked both the silver and the blue...but i guess the yellow bit on the shoulder of the main shirt doesn't look good.

anyway i hope Lotto brings us goodluck and we win a title or two next season.

Forza bianconeri

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
personally i couldn't care as long as we win. But Lotto isn't a fav for me. Why not adidas or nike. Lotto is old and is ugly. I like the new tops though. Silver is good but i will miss the blue tops as well. Maybe because i have one at home. I think we need a new sponsor at the front of our tops. Tele+ doesn't look good. Sony was great.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Explanation

It's all about money. First off, Lotto made a huge deal with Juve. Second, Ciaoweb has conncetions to FIAT which is owned by the Agnelli's. Third, Nike and Addidas are off sponsoring the rest of the world. It's good to have some variety. Look at MLS. They're almost all Nike and have the same kits! Finally, hey, at least Lotto is Italian. After seeing all kits, I like them. The 1st is traditional, the 2nd is a real neat silver design.I think it's cool. I like the 3rd a lot. It's a beatiful dark blue. Almost like Glasgow Rangers. To those who hate the 2 and 3 kits, cheer up. How many times are they going to wear them in a season? Not too many times...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Lou, i agree. Lotto is Italian etc, etc, and at least our jersey is unique (silver) and not among Adidas and Nike. HOWEVER the home jersey is undeniably ugly (though it is a matter of opinion) and Juve are going to look quite different next season. The silver is a good idea and i have no problem with it. The only thing that infuriates me is the damn ciaweb logo on the shoulder. :mad:

Also, i agree that in the end the jersey means almost nothing. I don't care if juve play with no shirts as long as they get their 3rd star.. :) :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Sponsors

Flarg,

Unfortunately, the sponsor's logo isn't designed for the team kit. Too bad!:( Some have blended extremely well (example Pirelli on the Inter kit, Caffe Mauro on the Reggina jersey)and some...well...less. The important thing is the backing (MONEY!!!). I will say this though that this is a first that I see added sponsorship now on the shoulders. It's almost like MLS where we see sponsors on sleaves and on the back. In serie A it once was only just on the chest, but now we're in the age of "big business". It won't suprise me if kits begin to look like racing suits with dozens of sponsors rather than uniforms.:eek:

Oh, and yes, of coarse we know the most important thing is. While some (you know who) think they are the "kings of the world" because we (and Collina) gave them the past scudetto, we're working on our 3rd star.

Forza Juve!!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
3rd jersy sucks but what happen to the old jerseys with light blue and the yellow parts that was the best IMO
anyway if i was a juve fan i'd be ticked off about it looking at teams like lazio milan and the GREAT INTER Jerseys.

Forza INTER

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Inter 1+8,

I liked it too. I received one as a gift back in 1996 (it had the solid yellow stars on the shoulders) and thought it was probably the best 2nd jersey I ever saw.

So, what happened??? Kappa out, Lotto in. That's it...

H

·
0 Posts
hey juve fans i liked your new shirts:D:D:D
with that kits you can't win anything!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey HOVO,

After you guys earn your second star then we'll talk about winning. That'll take what? ABOUT 20 MORE YEARS!!! Talk with you then!! HA!!:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts