Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they are soooooooo boring!

if you watch a match, the turkish commentator is talking and talking and talking the whole time. But he is talking about things, nobody is interested in !

He describes every move in the match! "Hakan crosses to Umit, Umit crosses to Ergun, now Perez, Hasan - still Hasan.. Hasan to Umit, Umit shoooooooots...and out" how boring.. I am not blind - I can see who has the ball and what he is doing with this ball!!!
I am not listening to radio! A radio speaker can describe everything in all its details!

If you watch a turkish match you can simply turn off the sound and would miss nothing! :rolleyes:

I want to have information about the players, about the teams, the last news, I want to hear who does better, who deserves the current score, how the atmosphere is, how the referee is - AND SILENCE when there is nothing to say (but only for a short moment!).

The only good thing, what the commentators can do, is to scream: "GOOOOOOOL" !!!
I like that, it comes from the heart, totally loud, and is real passionately!!:cool:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
The funniest and probably most annoying times I remember with Turkish commentators was prior to satellite tv.

We used to listen to Turkish (NT or European) matches on the radio. It wasn't too bad until the opponents scored... We'd sit there wondering what had happened, why had the speaker gone so quiet?? Talk about non-biased commentating!:D When we scored or were close to scoring, YOU WOULD KNOW; when the oppenent scored the commentator would whisper very quietly "ve gol...".

Thank God for satellite tv!!!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HakanK said:
The funniest and probably most annoying times I remember with Turkish commentators was prior to satellite tv.

We used to listen to Turkish (NT or European) matches on the radio. It wasn't too bad until the opponents scored... We'd sit there wondering what had happened, why had the speaker gone so quiet?? Talk about non-biased commentating!:D When we scored or were close to scoring, YOU WOULD KNOW; when the oppenent scored the commentator would whisper very quietly "ve gol..."
or they whisper: "ve top aglarimizda" :D

you described now, how it was when you were listening to radio. I meant, our tv-commentators. They are still describing the match like they are speaking to fans sitting in front of the radio and are listening. :mad:

I don`t want to hear that !! :rolleyes: But it doesn`t help to switch off the sound. It gets more boing... :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts