Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldinho admits he would be more afraid if Barcelona were playing Arsenal, rather than Chelsea, in the next round of the UEFA Champions League.

Barcelona will face Premiership leaders Chelsea in the second round of Europe's most prestigious competition at the end of February.

It is arguably the tie of the round and Brazilian ace Ronaldinho is looking forward to coming up against an expensively-assembled Chelsea side.

But, while respectful of The Blues, Ronaldinho concedes he is a bigger fan of Arsenal and feels the current Premiership champions are a classier team than their London rivals.

"Chelsea look comfortable with the team they have, they are playing well and our meeting will be a very good game," Ronaldinho told Zoo magazine.

"But I don't believe they have the same class as Arsenal yet. Arsenal have some of the best players in the world and have great movement.

"Every goal they score is perfection. You rarely see them score a boring goal.

"I admire Arsenal most. Their skill is fantastic and it would be an honour to play with the likes of Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry.

"In Arsene Wenger they also have a coach who seems to bring the best out of players and is highly respected in Europe."

Ronaldinho picked up Fifa's World Footballer of the Year prize in December, fending off competition from Henry for the award.

The fleet-footed attacker, though, feels France international Henry was a more deserving winner of the title.

He added: "It is fantastic when people call you the best player in the world. You want to be the best whatever job you do and no matter how much you get paid.

"But I feel Henry is the best in the world, he's the complete striker.

"There's nothing he can't do. He's a footballing genius."

-----

So that's van Basten, Beckenbauer AND Ronaldinho in agreement :shades: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
cheers to ronnie, i respect that man so much, the best player in the world
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Hmm... van Basten, Ronaldinho and Beckenbauer.. I'm still not sure you know. Do they really know what they're talking about? As long as real 'experts' like Haroon still doubt Thierry's talent, I shall never be completely sure that he is all that. Here's just a couple of quotes I found in some magazines.

"Henry is the most elegant player of them all. He combines the qualities of a striker with those of a playmaker. His speed is unique, he dribbles, plays the killer pass, heads the ball well and has exquisite free-kick technique. He's the archetypal 21st Century striker who contributes so much more than the simple detail of a shot." Eusebio, apparently he was good in the 60s.

"He is almost unplayable, one of only few players in the history of the game you can say that about. Plenty of players have had the skill, but no one has had Henry's pace as well. And genuinely fast players often lack real technique, they never have the ball under control when they start sprinting, but Henry manages both with ease. He is one of those rare players, that when he gets the ball, you can hear a buzz in the stadium, because they know they're about to see something special." Some dude called Trevor, tried football, management and broadcasting, was also offered the chief role in the F.A. What can he possibly know eh?

"I tell my kids in the Academy at Newcastle to watch Henry. He plays with such a swagger, not an arrogance, and that is a great quality. He always looks so comfortable. You talk about cars going from 0 to 60 in a matter of seconds, and he is like that, he just explodes. He draws in defenders, slows them down and then just leaves them. He just has so much to offer: he can go wide, he can go and play through the centre, he glides over the ground, he is just a joy to watch. I could just sit there for hours and watch him." Peter Beardsley, was a striker.
 

·
Proud Juventino.
Joined
·
20,505 Posts
guys,, i have some quotes from cappelo, fergueson, van basten and many more saying that raul is by far one of the best strikers in the world,, and the quotes are new,, not every sentence some legend says is true ffs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
guys,, i have some quotes from cappelo, fergueson, van basten and many more saying that raul is by far one of the best strikers in the world,, and the quotes are new,, not every sentence some legend says is true ffs.
That's because Raul is one of the best around.

He just needs to have a little break.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
zack_manutd said:
:dielaugh:
henry is good at heading, its just he hardly ever gets a decent cross. Just look at this goal this season against i think bolton or villa, not sure...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Petros said:
henry is good at heading, its just he hardly ever gets a decent cross. Just look at this goal this season against i think bolton or villa, not sure...
His header against Norwich was very well executed. Cross curling away from the goal, he jumps and side-glances it into the bottom corner.
 

·
Cachorro
Joined
·
18,741 Posts
Let me politely point out (running the risk of being labeled "anti-Arsenal" or something equally silly) that Ronaldinho Gaucho also said in a recent interview – before he got the "Player fo the Year" award – that in his opinion Ronaldo was the best player in the world. So maybe we should take that statement that "Henry is the best" with a pinch of salt. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Garrincha said:
Let me politely point out (running the risk of being labeled "anti-Arsenal or something equally silly) that Ronaldinho Gaucho also said in a recent interview – before he got the "Player fo the Year" award – that in his opinion Ronaldo was the best player in the world. So maybe we should take that statement that "Henry is the best" with a pinch of salt. ;)
I'm well aware of that ;) it's just an in-joke. Don't worry. :thmbup:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Garrincha you naive fool :D Ronaldinho's PR machine is bound to pump that rubbish about Ronaldo back to Brazil, his real comments are reserved for Europe where he knows he can express himself without fear of being called a traitor. ;)

better were his comments about the Arsenal, you sure know they are true the way he likes to play football, although i doubt he has been watching us for the last few months. :wallbang:

incidentally , this bloke who goes down my local pub who is probably the most skilful player in the pub reckons Henry is the best too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
incidentally , this bloke who goes down my local pub who is probably the most skilful player in the pub reckons Henry is the best too.
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jern Lizardhous said:
Garrincha you naive fool :D Ronaldinho's PR machine is bound to pump that rubbish about Ronaldo back to Brazil, his real comments are reserved for Europe where he knows he can express himself without fear of being called a traitor. ;)

better were his comments about the Arsenal, you sure know they are true the way he likes to play football, although i doubt he has been watching us for the last few months. :wallbang:

incidentally , this bloke who goes down my local pub who is probably the most skilful player in the pub reckons Henry is the best too.
Long time no see :D
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top