Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've intended to start this thread a long time ago, but I've always had hope in a better, more attractive Inter. Since the Cuper days our only tactic was whoofing long balls to the strikers, or hoping Emre would dribble his way past opponents. No game plan, no flow, no organisation and no cohesion.

What the hell has gone wrong ? Watching a team like Sochaux, I realised how pathetic our style and system is. We can't string more than 3 passes in a row !!

Now the question is, why is our game that pathetic ? Why can't we play like a proper football team ? as a Unit, as a group. Do we need a more creative player in the midfield department ? Do we need defenders that can build up play from the back ? Do we need attackers that can give support to the midfield ?

What's missing ?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
we lack the link between attack and midfield.

I didn't see the Sochaux game, but this was clear during the Milan game. THe only way Adriano and Vieri got the ball was by a long ball. If we get this link then things improve
J.Zanetti is a somewhat link up the right side, with Emre and Stankovic as well. But, it is difficult for these players to get by 5 players or send a perfect ball from half-line to the 18 yard box. We have wingers which SHOULD be our link under Cuper but we know how that ended...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
This is the current list of our midfielders...

Almeyda,Biava,Emre,Farinos,Kily,Lamouchi,Okan,Stankovic,C.Zanetti & Van Der meyde...

Stankovic & Emre are the only two players who have what it takes to control the midfield offensively with Zanetti safeguarding the opponent-shy defence...

We just got Stankovic & Emre has been in & out of the lineup through injuries & has failed to make his presence felt...we are then left with wingers trying to by-pass midfield to cross the ball to Vieri & Co, ain't gonna happen...

Almeyda has played 'decently' but together with Lomouchi & Okan they gotta go...the rest a young players who need to stay put, we bring in a non-nonsence controller like Emerson coupled with a real playmaker like Aimar & we are good to go...

With the insertion of different players in the line-up without any of them dictating a game you are left with a midfield without a base...with a consistent midfield even with injuries to the key players the system will continue to operate in the short-run...all we need is stability....

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
For an umpteenth time I will say that the problem is obviously not the lack of high quality players in the team. This is easily proven by the fact that most of your players have played far better in their former teams than in Inter. Also, even bottom clubs have often better flowing game than Inter and certainly that's not because they have more stars than you.:tongue: It's mainly mental thing, IMO, too few from your players seem relaxed on the pitch, ready to calmly combine with their teammates. Too many players are just happy to kick high balls towards Vieri. It's true you are missing a world class playmaker but that could excuse you only from lacking a bit in the final pass/assist department. Not in just holding the ball for more than 30 seconds. It's really mystery, I always think - now Inter will start playing like a unit and it never happens. Maybe another part of the reason that you don't keep many players in the team for more than 2-3 seasons but that's true for Parma too and they certainly have a better game flow.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Watch Deportivo passings....

The link up is full of movements.... whenever someone gets the ball in the midfield, the rest MOVES.... Tristan ... moving to the sides or Luque moving to the centre, Valeron moving forward/backward... the wingers too. Pleasure to watch.

What we have is team-mates are not having confidence in each others' moves. That must be ZAC's methods of traiing and organizing. The flow is not constant withing the team... some defending, some trying to pressure the oppenent. The mentality on the whole is split. HE got to fix that.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What we should do is something like this ::D

When anyone has the ball, the ball shud be passed to someone like Stankovic/Emre; the others start moving forward. Even the defence should be doing that (move high in the midfield area).
Try to penetrate by passes or to the wings. Depending on that tactic/formation, if recoba is there he could help Stani/Emre.

I am just pissed when our defenders try to be beckham and co. with their long passes to the opponent's area. And when our midfielders have the ball, they would try to pass Vieri/Adriano with long balls. :groan:

During Cuper's era and now in Zach's ear, there's only one thing that exits and that's LONG BALLS !!

And when we had that 7 match winning run, I didn't see that much long balls. Instead, I saw Inter play as a team with good passes. Did anyone watch Inter-Reggina ?? Yes, they are not a good team; but in that game Inter showed that they know other ways to play football than the long balls. In that game, Inter's passing was great. Even the first half against Bologna. Inter can play with good passes, but they keep on playing the same old ....

Lets see, how Inter plays tonite...... I again got to know that I might be able to watch this game...:D

And for god sake, I get irritated when Zach always say - "We played good game and there was game flow ......"

:mad:

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Does Inter trainers ever schedule any 5 on 5 games on a small pitch? Or anything of a nature that encourages teamwork and movement?

Because the way the club fails to initiate attacking movement and achieve defensive cohesion suggests that the team is very much lost in the spaces of the San Siro and doesn't yet have any kind of decent understanding with their team-mates.

Just... incompetent, ya know.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
1; Zac is obiviously the wrong coach

2; You JUST got a new coach, you can't expect results in 6 months notice.

3; ditch the likes of Almeyda,CZanetti,Farinos. They're okish not more.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Consistency. Our first choice midfielders hardly have the chance of playing 5 consecutive games together. When Emre was fit, CZ was injured. Now, it's the opposite. I think Zac should use an extra man in midfield too. Would love to see Emre - CZ - Stan in midfield. But Zac seems to always insist on playing 4 midfielders and 3 strikers. :rollani:

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe we need to raise the number of midfielders ? Why not try a 4-5-1 or 3-6-1 ? At least with those 2 modules we may have a greater chance of moving the ball around the pitch. Scoring would come anyway, but we have to CONTROL the fukn ball first.

I Swear, and i'm not kidding. The club I Support here in Egypt moves the ball around better than Inter. We simply suck in controlling the ball and letting the game flow. Yes our midfielders are no Kaka or Nedved but they're not Amateur players too !

That's why I want Del Neri. Chievo's number one strength is their teamwork and unity. Maybe Luigi can install those 2 factors into Inter ? Who knows.

As for the injuries, well with Cuper and Juan Alfano we had tons of injuries. Same with Zac. So i doubt it's the coaching system.

Baah, this is too complicated.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i also believe we got all the players needed (except a backup defender like nowadays: MEXES)

(also AIMAR would come in usefull)

but still, we can put up a descent starting 11, capable of finishing FIRST !

i just think we don't have a good enough coach.. indeed bring in del neri !

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i think there are 2 reasons for our longballs

1- vieri effect

2- our corrupted defence who love to lunch these longballs ( cuper effect )

·
Registered
678 Posts
We have the heavy load of the thought that: We play much for a good results, a win and forget the real thing in soccer is to enjoy. The fact is that, more you fear to defeat, you defeat faster.

We should unload. We have the so many of the best players and if we dare not to play, no one do.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Please don't blame me if you have different opinion. I just want to write my opinion here.

In my opinion, Zac must change his tactic, from 3-4-3 formation to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. The point is, they must have 4 defenders. Remember, in the last two games you have conceded 7 goals! (1-3, Brescia; 1-4 Roma). Inter defence system is, we must admit, bad. I don't blame the players, but may be the system itself is not good enough for them. It is not about the players, this is about the system that Inter uses.

But, the positive thing is that you're always be able to score! Because you have Vieri, Recoba, Cruz, or Adriano as strikers. They're world class strikers.

I don't understand why Zac didn't field Van der Meyde in the match against Roma (sorry, this part is because I'm a fan of VdM). But, you can say different opinion, if you think that VdM is not good enough for Inter. But for me, he is a good winger with good cross, and able to score himself. From what I read in the online news, VdM entered the pitch after 83 minutes (in the match against Roma).

But, above all, Inter must have 4 defenders right now.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I totally agree with you Dian. Our defenders are not skilled enough to play in a back three. Four men at the back is needed for greater security. At present, teams are scoring against us at will. And to think at the beginning of the season teams were struggling to score against us...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts