Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that we have conceded 31 goals this season while Juve and Roma 'only' have conceded 23 and 24 goals respectively...with Cuper as our coach and we still have conceded 7 and 8 more goals than roma...is it because our defense is still not good enough??? or is it because of gresko who is considered our biggest weakness?? we have a superstar goalkeeper in toldo and solid defenders in matrix and cordoba...if we really get a left back, i think our defense will be better...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Did´nt we start to lose in goals when we tried to play more offensive. It begun when our creative midfielders where put in the line-up.

We were so solid in defence in the beginning to the middle of the campaign but went frustrating in the offensive that we changed tactic of the midfield to more constructive.

Lately our defence is´nt that secured. But the difference is also that our offensive game are more creative and better.

From time to time in the latest matches we have not been playing the old Inter-style. We are looking more like an english team.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think there is 2 reasons why our defence has conceded that many goals.

1) The match against Milan. When you let in that few goals 4 goals counts a lot! In such a statistic no slipups can be allowed!!!

2) We have had Matrix out a long LONG time. I actually followed this myself at one point. And i couldn't avoid noticing that we, as far as i remember, were the team that had conceded less goals b4 matrix were injured. This does, imo, mean that we have a great defence, but its vulnerable to injuries...

Sorry if i odn't make sence...im kinda drunk....:drunk::drunk:...

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
maybe our defense can be a little better, but i wouldn't worry about it to much. All that matters is that we have ore points than the other teams. I dont want inter to ruin the momentum the team has for next year by buying to many players. They do it every summer and it hasnt worked until now. Now that is working they shuldn't mees it up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rasmus said:
I think there is 2 reasons why our defence has conceded that many goals.

1) The match against Milan. When you let in that few goals 4 goals counts a lot! In such a statistic no slipups can be allowed!!!

2) We have had Matrix out a long LONG time. I actually followed this myself at one point. And i couldn't avoid noticing that we, as far as i remember, were the team that had conceded less goals b4 matrix were injured. This does, imo, mean that we have a great defence, but its vulnerable to injuries...
This makes sense! Also because Simic has been injured for quite a while which resulted in playing time to Sorondo who is rather inconsistent and unexperienced. Let's hope we buy a couple of solid defenders after this season. First priority is of course a new left-back, but a new centre-back would certainly also be a good idea.

Forza Inter

Sune

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh, I think if we donnot buy Toldo this season we'll concede more goals:fero: :devil: we DO need to improve our defense this summer, Matrix is good , Cordoba is good but look at Juventus's Thurm, Montero, Tudor, Buffon , we still have a lot to do

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Our defence main weakness is certainly our DR and DL......
Zanetti had been excellent on the ground but I reckoned at least 4 goals have been scored because Zanetti can't really head the ball.....

LEft def -Gresko had been decent......he is not fast and his positioning is not really good....He's a good backup and he will keep improving.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts