Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have defenders like Cannavaro, Cordoba, Adani, Materazzi but still we suffer so much in defence... i swear if Cannavaro would go to Milan he would rock there, the same goes with Cordoba in Juve or Milan, they would probably be in the team of the week everytime... i really dont understand what the problem is here at Inter, i havent seen one game with them doing a really great performance, especially Cannavaro who have failed bigtime in my opinion, Cordoba has been ok... i really hope that we get rid of Cannavaro at the end of season and get a great replacement, damn we should have got Chivu =(

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
When we had Cuper our defense sucked, but we knew that we didnt have wingers that could defend and attack, so we had a huge hole there, that coupled with the fact that our central midfielders arent very good at passing (emre included) so they continue to pass the ball to players from the rival team, or pass the ball to one of our players in a situation where we are more likely to lose the ball.

Something like that continue to occurs with Zac, but now he has some spread 3 man back, that under other circuntances would work since Canna and Cafe are fast enough and great man Markers, problem is that if our mids proceed to give the ball away in difficult spots our defenders will continue to face very hard assigments.

I also believe Cannavaro is no way near to player he once was at Parma, still in my opinion our biggest problem is the lack of ball control and precise passing from our midfield. Cuper and Zac also are to blame here because we play very predictable schemes so it is very easy for opposing defenders to guess where the ball will go to intercept it.

We need to learn to play more with out the ball, have player moving and then pass the ball to them, most of the times our players get to a spot and then the ball is delivered to them, that makes the our teams assigment a lot easier.

Another thing is we should never play recoba VDM or Vieri together, they hardly defend, sure we can keep one man up for attack but not 2 or 3 knowing all the midfield problems we got.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Cant blame the defense all the time.

The 3-4-3 is not for Zero gols against. ITs for scoring more than the other. Cuper's conservative approach at that time of fielding Cordoba+Canna in central defense was questionable, cuz of the goals that leaked in. Sure we have Di Biagio to blame also. (then)

Now that most of us wants something more adventurous.. we got it. The price is to be paid when the gols are not coming in more than the opponents.

No way to compare Cupers Flat back 4 and Zac's Back 3. The mid of Farinos+Lamouchi is really not looking good. Pizarro coming in can only be good.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
traditionally we have probably the best defense of all
I think we have established a wall, but right now with marco's long term injury it is not looking too good

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
c´mon dont say that Inter has the best defence... Milans and Romas are for sure better then Inters, i see ours and Juves as equal

·
Registered
831 Posts
i think Injuries have effected our defence badly .. with Coco, Materazzi and CZ the defence will probably be up there with Roma and Milans. Right now there are just too many weak links.

take three players who contribute to the defence out of Roma or Milan and you will see them letting in alot more goals.

·
Registered
831 Posts
As for Cannavaro he has suffered the most .. Cordoba has J.Zanetti defending with him, but Cannavaro is left isolated to much, when Coco is back i believe Cannavaro will start to preform much better.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
exactly

Milan have a good defense with Nesta and Maldini
and the Roma defense looks very good with Chivu/Samuel/Mancini

But as was said, take these individuals out, and Roma and Milan would be in a lot of trouble

We have decent backup in Adani, Gammara, Pasquale.
Not brilliant but good enough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts