Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the kick off to a sum up to our team's transfer policy department by department. :)

I think the defence is the only part of our team where we can make some safe assumptions on how it will look next season. Prandelli is absolute on one thing: defence of four with zonal defence (no man marking) and classical full backs who attack and defend.

At the right back position, Parma earlier this season made permanent the capture of Diana (who was on loan). Sartor wants to stay but Parma could sell him if a big offer comes. His replacement could be Fabio Moro who is in co-property and had an excellent season with Chievo. However, it is unlikely that this will happen as noone seems to be interested in making a serious bid for Sartor.

In central defence, the things are pretty clear apart from one thing: whether or not Cannavaro will stay. The club wants to sell him due to his big wages, Fabio would not mind going to a team which can offer him immediate success but apparently he is willing to stay too. In fact, its more of a case Parma wanting to get rid Canna's wages rather than Canna being desperate to go like Thuram was last summer. However, till now no team has made an offer to satisfy Parma and with Juventus being more and more concentrated on Nesta and Milan being unwilling to give us Donati, unless a foreign team pops up after the WC, Cannavaro could stay. The other 3 central defenders are known: Daniele Bonera signed from Brescia and was presented yesterday, Ferrari's co-property was solved in our favor and Paolo Cannavaro returned from his loan from Verona to stay. In case Cannavaro goes, his replacement will be Daniele Adani of Fiorentina, who wants to play for Parma and Parma want him. Adani has already rejected the chance to move to Inter (they signed Gamarra) and Lazio and is waiting for Parma. Parma however must first sell Cannavaro and then procceed with Adani. I don't know for how much he will be waiting for us however, but as it looks now, its more or less sure that Adani will wear a Parma jersey next season as long as Cannavaro goes. Sensini (who could sign for Udinese next week), Boghossian, Djetou and probably Benarrivo :)() are looking for new teams already and have no future at Parma.

The left back position is the most unclear, but there are still some strong indications. First of all Gianluca Falsini will be coming back from his loan at Atalanta and will do it to stay. :irritate: Prandelli knows him from his years at Verona and rates him. Whatever. Junior will be staying too, but apparently he will be moved to midfield to cover the left wing. The other left back will probably be Anthony Seric who is in co-property with Hellas Verona. Parma wants to solve the co-property in their favor and with Verona relegated this shouldn't be too much of a problem. In case something goes wrong or Parma decides to loan Seric out again for more experience, there are two names: Valerio Tosto of Piacenza (a Parma fan) and Stefano Bettarini of Venezia. In fact, Bettarini was set to sign for Como but had a change of "heart" and decided not to so Como signed Tarantino of Bologna. Parma could be behind this. We were also interested in Boca Junior's Argentinian U-21 international Clemente Rodriguez but as soon as Boca named their price the interest stopped. ;) Still, the most likely duo is Falsini and Seric. Gurenko could be going to Verona in the Seric affair or get sold to Piacenza, while the other left back who is under contract with Parma, Fabio Mora will be staying with Piacenza for one more season since the two clubs renewed the co-property as part of the Matuzalem move to Parma.

Finally, some good news about our goalkeepers: Barcelona officialy signed Fabian Carini from Juventus today so that means that Frey is set to stay at Parma! :happy: With Taffarel signing an extension and the biggest and only (?) suitor of Sebastien pulling out of the race, our very good duo is confirmed for next season! :strong:

Anyway, here (starters in bald):

Frey
Taffarel

Diana - Bonera - Adani - Seric
Sartor - Ferrari - P.Cannavaro - Falsini

Looks okidoki to me. The existence of Falsini annoys me a bit but well, we should expect some annoying things due to financial reasons. :groan: We can still move Junior back if Seric is unavailable. :hopefull: I still don't think Paolo Cannavaro is ready, but he'll be 4th choice anyway and he'll get some decent experience in Coppa Italian and stuff. Let alone that not having a Cannavaro in the team could jinx us. ;)

Forza grande Parma.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Good post. I'm pretty sure we will sell Canna. It may be true that he wouldn't mind staying if we are to try to get succes back earlier then planed. In other words, if we buy big afterall. But the wages seem to stop this and I don't think Canna would go down in wages, especially since it would be a dramastic loss in income.
But we won't get as much as we wanted for him, probably half of what was thought some month ago.
Adani is a good serie A defender, would come cheap and seem to be really interested in playing for us. That's not the way it usually sounds and I really hope we do sign him.

If both Diana and Sartor stay, we are friggin awesome on the right def. I'm not sure if we can keep two such good players on the same position though. But I hope.
Seric is a good player and although I have only seen him a few times this season as a wingback I can tell that he is a stable and intelligent player. Not very flashy, but efficient. I have confidence in him.
About Falsini, it's not that I drool over him coming back. BUT I think as a back-up he's good enough. If he's given the confidence of the coach he might raise his game, and didn't he have a decent season at Verona before we bought him? Plus he's a local boy. ;)
My knowledge about players like Bettarini and Tosto are limited. They might be good, so if we get them that's all fine and dandy. But as a worst case scenario, getting Falsini as back-up isn't that bad.

Bonera has a great football mind and plays very mature. He's able to play manmarker in both three and four men defenses, play zonedefence or even right full/wingback. Very versatile and very good. He has a tendence to pick up too many cards though. But I think he will be great asset for us.

Djetou has no future here, and I wish him goodluck in the future. Sensini is past it. But he's a great servent and a legend at the club. Maybe he'll get a role in management in the future.

Too bad about Benarrivo though. I don't see why he would leave, unless he wants to himself. :(

All in all, I think our defence will be much better next year then this years. And I know it won't be our weakness at least.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
As you guys can tell by my name I am a very big Canna fan. I hope he stays and I feel that he might. Big offers simply are not coming, and with big clubs facing possible bankruptices I don't expect to see many BIG signings. I hope Canna will stay and have a good solid partnership. Bonera I feel will be the next Canna and will stay at our club for many years. A very good able mature player at 21 is a very good sign. Seric I can't report on as I don't know much about him, I have very rarely seen him play to be able to say much about him. Bena or Junior would be good for the left spot with Seric. Right side Sartor can go with Chelsea interested but I don't see why Ranieri might want Sartor as he has Mario Melchiot as RB. So my choice like AMO would be with Aimo Diana RB. The defence which AMO posted would be my choice but with Canna instead of Adani as I can't see Canna going. Frey staying is a big help and very good news for the club.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I've just read that Sportal.it thing and it makes you wonder. They say that Bologna and a host of german clubs including Bayer Leverkusen are interested. They don't even mention us. What's this all about. I ask you again, Amo. What are your source?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Seric

31/5/2002 http://www.calciomanager.it/inews.asp?from=MER&newsid=9000

Federico Pastorello, procuratore di Seric, ha dichiarato in esclusiva a Calciomanager.it: "Non credo proprio che Seric resti al Verona. In questo momento mi risulta che abbia molte possibilità di vestire la maglia del Parma, che punta su di lui e sul rientrante Falsini per coprire il ruolo di esterno sinistro difensivo".
Federico Pastorello, manager of Seric, has stated exclusively at Calciomanager.it: "I don't believe that Seric will stay at Verona. At this moments it seems to me that he has many possibilities to wear the shirt of Parma, who will trust on him and the returned Falsini to cover the role of the left full back"

Re: Falsini

25/5/2002 http://www.calciomanager.it/inews.asp?from=MER&newsid=8776

Roggi, procuratore di Falsini, ha dichiarato in esclusiva a Calciomanager.it: “Falsini torna al Parma dal prestito di Bergamo e lo fa per restare. Il nuovo allenatore degli emiliani, Prandelli, è un grande estimatore di Gianluca, lo ha già allenato con profitto a Verona e non ha intenzione di farlo cedere dalla società”.
Roggi, manager of Falsini, has stated exclusively at calciomanager.it: "Falsini will return to Parma from his loan at Bergamo and will do it to stay. The new coach of the Emiliani, Prandelli, is a big estimator of Gianluca, he has already coached him with positive results at Verona and has no intentions of making the club sell him.

Re: Adani

1/6/2002 http://www.calciomanager.it/inews.asp?from=MER&newsid=9042

Conti, procuratore di Daniele Adani, ha dichiarato in esclusiva a Calciomanager.it: "La trattativa tra Parma e Fiorentina non ha fatto grossi passi avanti negli ultimi giorni, anche se Parma è attualmente la destinazione più probabile per il mio assistito. Mi risulta che ci siano anche un paio di proposte interessanti provenienti dall'estero, ma credo che non appena il Parma venderà Cannavaro, la trattativa per l'acquisto di Adani si sbloccherà".
Conti, manager of Daniele Adani, has stated exclusively at calciomanager.it: "The negotiations between Parma and Fiorentina haven't done big steps forward in the last days, although Parma is still the most probable destination for my client. It seems to me that there are also a couple of interesting offers from abroad, but I believe that as soon as Parma sells Cannavaro, the transfer of Adani will unblock.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Calciomercato.com reports that Bertotto and Gargo from Udinese are going to Parma in exchange for P Cannavaro.

Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
It looks like we finnally have some decent defence, the right side and the centre looks very good, Bonera-F.Canna would be THE couple, i hope we bring back Seric, but Junior is also a reliable one.

So whats up in the midfield?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gialloblu said:
Calciomercato.com reports that Bertotto and Gargo from Udinese are going to Parma in exchange for P Cannavaro.

Does anyone know anything about this?
The report says Gargo OR Bertotto.

Well, I suppose its just a rumor. And an unlikely one too. I'm 100% sure Parma will not sell completely Paolo Cannavaro. Perhaps in co-property. I must say I wouldn't mind Bertotto AT ALL in our defence. He is a hardass defender and you can never have enough of them. Plus he is damn versatile and could play on the left and at the right too. And he has experience. Don't forget that before getting injured Bertotto was assured of a place in the WC. Gargo, well, I'd rather keep Paolo Cannavaro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts