Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is hypothesis, lets say everything goes according to pen and paper.

QTR: arsenal vs chelsea: win or lose?

SEMI: arsenal vs real madrid: win or lose?

FINAL: arsenal vs AC milan : win or lose?

vs chelsea: for some reason, i feel scared of chelski, they might come back and bite us up the @rse cose we beat them so much in other competitions, however, it does sorta make me feel good since we beat them already, that this is very very capable. however you know crappy football these days? sht might come back to haunt us seriously.

vs real: fat ron back? i think so, this will be hard..really hard. however i think henry and co. can break their defense since none of their defenders are outstanding at the specific job, apart from their goalie who is world class. but he cant stop ALL the goals can he? i think vs real, it will depend how well our defense can cope with their attack. i just dont see lauren doing well in this game :yuck:

vs ac milan: if we progress this far, it will be really tough game. their defense, unlike real, is tough nut to crack. however in the seire A standings it doesnt seem so. their attack is well, however it only seems sheva is on fire these days. midfield is not bad, i say danger MEN is kaka, and the always experienced seedorf. who shines on these types of games.

:star:

·
Registered
115 Posts
lets just put one over our blue imposters for now eh and then see who we're up against in the semi should we progress.

im not a pessimist by any means but never tend to count my chickens.....

i know theyre supposedly "due" a result against us and all the other tosh about the law of averages but its hard to see how they'll be able to muster a win on the back of this seasons performances against us cos overall they created very little. Thats not to say they wont be revved up for this mind. It'll be a tussle and if we take a score draw back from the bridge then that should stand us in good stead i reckon.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
you should beat chelsea.

Real Madrid will be hard. its at this stage where Real seems to start firing. players like carlos, zidane, figo, ronaldo and raul suddenly decide to strut their stuff and blow teams off the planet. BUT, i think the game could very well be similar to that of Real V United last season. i know you may think i'm crazy as arsenal's defence is better than united last season, but still, when ronaldo and co are on form, they will score scores like no tomorrow. I suppose the good thing for you is that henry, pires, bergkamp etc...shouldnt hve any problem doing the same to Real's defence.

Milan differs. they seriously have no weaknesses. world class keeper backed by cafu, maldini, nesta and pancaro. 4 experienced defenders and 3 champion players in there also. add to that a midfield which has grit and determination topped with great creativity. gattuso, pirlo, kaka and seedorf, its just perfect. And shevchenko and inzaghi upfront, what more could you ask for. As much as i hate saying it as a juventino, but milan are currently great! Swiftwilly, shevchenko is back which is bad news for all but now inzaghi is back also which means you have two players who score like no tomorrow. add to that kaka who seems to score more frequently from midfield now with long shots. so i dont think they are lacking in firing power at the moment.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the trick with Madrid is to let them go two goals up in the first half hour,they then start showboating outrageously and don't bother your goal for the next 80 minutes,then you just slam them twice in the last ten to get your two away goals. :D

Milan are different,they are a snidey little team,they won't really do much at all and probably just wait for penalties that they have been practising for all year,so i have no tactic for them,other than get Henry to try and kick Nesta early on. ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you all think of the other teams like they will attack us and we will stand without doing something

I see Cole is better than Pancaro
and Sol and Kolo are close to Maldini and Nesta
of course not the same but close
maybe Cafu is definitely better than Lauren
Pires is obviously better than Kaka (especially with his form now)
Vieira THE BEST DMF ON THE PLANET
Ljungberg is not less than Seedorf
Edu with his Form now is hitting top gear and also is not less than Pirlo
Titi is better than Sheva
so we hope Reyes will be in his top by 26 May
and it's a long period to adopt the team and hitting top gear
also prefer Bergkamp to play
(in case we reach the FA cup final and CL final I prefer him to travel with train befor the game of CL final by week even if he wouldn't play the FA cup final )

the main ADV. for us in my opinion is
if we can Finish the league before May (we have three matchs in May ... i.e. if we beat MU then the difference will be 12 point
sure we may lose some points also they will so we can finish the league in the last of April )
so we will rest our players well

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
all this talk about Milan and we forget that they will face Depor
and Depor is no way Sparta
and the seconed leg is in the Riazor Estadio not in San Seiro

·
63,337 Posts
also you forgot to mention,the scruffy little twerp...Rino Gattuso :yuck:

now his favourite tactic is just to run like a moron,Vieira loves peope doing that and will make him look like the little mindless freak that he is :D

i also see Shevchenko having a hard time as Sol eats his face early on.

·
63,337 Posts
I reckon Lyon will defeat Milan over two legs anyway,Juninho and Dhorasoo will bamboozle Pirlo and the freak until they are crying with fear.

and Jerome Rothen and Guily will cut Madrid to shreds,i reckon the Gooners will be travelling to Monte Carlo this time next month ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Jern ,
PV4 is the best DMF now
no need to mention the name of the other DMF if you gonna compare him with Vieira

·
63,337 Posts
agreed,the only reason i mention the long haired herbert is because his loony running style is tailor made for Paddy to make an arse out of him,he will commit himself and Paddy loves that,Paddy does less well against players that stand off. ;)

of course i will never mention DMF's again,from now on i will refer to them as the Milan Freak,the Madrid Freak,the Chelsea Freak,the United Freak,the Blackburn Freak ans so on.....;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
this will be our way from now and on ;)
ok

·
63,337 Posts
Politician said:
I can only hope for a honourable loss against the Gooners, 0 - 4 would be a great result for Milan :(
amazing wishful thinking ,bordering on arrogance :fero:

to imagine that Milan can manage to get 0 against the Mighty Arse just shows your bias completely ;)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Gooner4life said:
and Sol and Kolo are close to Maldini and Nesta
of course not the same but close
In your dreams! :howler:

I'm amazed to see Arsenal fans predicting the final before winning the quarterfinals. :) Let's see if Arsenal can deal with the stress of competing in the CL and the league at the same time, and if the team will finally manage to hold its nerve in the knockout stages. Good as your team can be, I'm still not convinced, perhaps because I still remember that trouncing Inter gave you at home when they didn't even play particularly well.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Milan Players VS. Arsenal Players

Lehman (however the fcuk u spell it) vs. Dida = Dida
Cole vs. Kaladze = Kaladze
Campbell vs. Nesta = Nesta
Toure vs. Maldini = Maldini
Lauren vs. Cafu = Cafu
Seedorf vs. Ljungberg = Seedorf
Vieira vs. Pirlo = Vieira
Edu vs. Kaka = Kaka
Pires vs. Gattuso = Pires
Henry vs. Shevchenko = Henry
Bergkamp vs. Inzaghi = Inzaghi

- IMO -

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Comparing player by player won't work. IMO Arsenal's biggest strength is the fact that most of the team has played with each other for around 2 years. Well, so does Milan. But hey, football is not played on paper. It's played on the pitch.

I hate that Sky Sports $hit Richard Keys when he said ina local football show that 'Real Madrid will surely win the tie over Monaco'. Keys can kiss my @rse. Allez Rothen, Giuly and ecspecially Morientes!!! :star: Prove the Globetrotters wrong!!! :cool:

And about Arsenal, you shouldn't look to far ahead since you've got a big Blue barrier in front of you. ;) Btw, how many times have you met them this season (Prior to the 1st leg of the UCL Semis). 3 or 4???

·
63,337 Posts
Ruffian said:
In your dreams! :howler:

I'm amazed to see Arsenal fans predicting the final before winning the quarterfinals. :) Let's see if Arsenal can deal with the stress of competing in the CL and the league at the same time, and if the team will finally manage to hold its nerve in the knockout stages. Good as your team can be, I'm still not convinced, perhaps because I still remember that trouncing Inter gave you at home when they didn't even play particularly well.
blimey it would be a pretty boring forum if you were in charge,so we are only allowed to talk about Chelsea then,something we've been doing for most of the season. :rolleyes:

it's obvious Milan will go out to Lyon to me,they were lucky last year,this year they have improved a bit,but not enough to compete with the dazzling Juninho. ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Handoyo said:
Comparing player by player won't work. IMO Arsenal's biggest strength is the fact that most of the team has played with each other for around 2 years. Well, so does Milan. But hey, football is not played on paper. It's played on the pitch.

I hate that Sky Sports $hit Richard Keys when he said ina local football show that 'Real Madrid will surely win the tie over Monaco'. Keys can kiss my @rse. Allez Rothen, Giuly and ecspecially Morientes!!! :star: Prove the Globetrotters wrong!!! :cool:

And about Arsenal, you shouldn't look to far ahead since you've got a big Blue barrier in front of you. ;) Btw, how many times have you met them this season (Prior to the 1st leg of the UCL Semis). 3 or 4???

I agree,Keys is a little shit of the highest order,he knows nothing about football,last week Souness was on and he couldn't hide his contempt for the hairy little freak,Souness took the piss out of him at every opportunity. :D

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
it's obvious Milan will go out to Lyon to me,they were lucky last year,this year they have improved a bit,but not enough to compete with the dazzling Juninho. ;)
I'll worry about the dazzling Lyon after Deportivo is taken care of! :D Actually, I'm not even thinking about Depor now, because tomorrow is the big game against Juve. One game at a time! That's how you play them... and win them (I hope). ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts