Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[tub]l19JT6y9X24[/tub]

Our great captain, the natural leader that took a pay-cut last season for his new contract! One of the big reasons why we have won so many titles during the 00's is because of Rubén. One of the most complete midfielders on his day, he dictaded a game with ease, scored, defended, tackled and never gave up. A reference for the whole team. When Rubén speaks, everybody listens.

Soon to be 33, he still haven't lost it yet, we saw that this season when we needed a leader at most, he climbed in, won the copa after HE made the tactics!

All respect for our great captain! :star: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

Let's hope for an injury free season and for him not starting alongside Marchena in the middle of the pitch.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[tub]wyPrag8SyQw[/tub]

[tub]_cT9A9WPTFI[/tub]

and his absolute special goals!
[tub]BArKXqG6soY[/tub]
[tub]xF8EW7sGc0Y[/tub]

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Good thread, i was gonna make a Baraja thread ages ago but slipped my mind.

He was basically the complete CM, dictate games, through balls, create chances, long passing, short passing, tackling...err what else :D, i think between 2001-2005 he was the MOST COMPLETE CM in europe, legend.

He gets the respect he deserves, i get some Liverpool fans saying to me what they miss in their Benitez team is someone like Baraja, someone who can drive into the box and score goals and ALSO dictate the play and i of course nod. :D

Brilliant.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
through balls, create chances, long passing, short passing, tackling...err what else
Long shots and free kicks. Anything roughly from a DC to an ST. Legend:proud:

Players like Ruben, you can only by chance find them, but not have one in every team. Real treasure:proud:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Rubén :proud: Well overdue, i second everything said in this thread :thumbsup:

When Rubén speaks, everybody listens.
:thumbsup: So true. I watched the Copa final yesterday again, it just underlines his influence in the team, amazing. No one can dare to argue with him, Rubén Baraja doesn't ask for the ball twice, massive respect. He is the epitome of a leader on the pitch. There's only one Rubén Baraja :strong: :heart: :proud: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
That Espanyol vid is great :cool:, the whole fans expressions and faces then everyone goes mental, great vid, that game basically is the reason we won the title aswell that season.

·
Registered
489 Posts
He came back from his injury and got us out of the disastrous season. The goal against Barca in copa semis was the best goal last year. And the assist to Silva in the key match against Zaragoza saved us from relegation.

The great Baraja :thmbup::proud:

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts

Captain no more :(

But this could only be positive for us as we need to look to the future. This will also stop guys like "El Pipo", Angulo and Albelda from becoming our versions of Raul and get special privileges just because they wear the armband and because of their glorious past.

Unai has also done a good job of not giving a Basque ass about hierarchy, when we've seen that all of Albelda, Angulo and Ruben have faced bench time and we've seen them taken off very early during second halves if they aren't performing well.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pipo is, unlike Albelda, Angulo and Raúl, understanding that his time has come, that's why he took a paycut last time and no said no to become the captain.
He's the definition of a true leader! :proud:

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Pipo is a crack ! i want him to have a respectful time here (however long he has got left) and hopefully when he does he retires here!

1 - 20 of 274 Posts