Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kily

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All of them were great but for sure everyone has 1 player to pick.

I cant name Crespo and Aimar in this list because they came in too late, so we cant judge.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Sorin had some good moves up front, and of course Bati scored the goal, but I went for Ortega because I am biased:D

He did a nice job attacking and almost knocked in a goal from a distance. Veron got close on some free kicks as well

·
Registered
271 Posts
Voted for Zanetti. He retained the ball well in midfield, kept control of the game and provided some good balls into the box.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Two people caused all the damage

I can tell you from a Nigerian perspevctive now that the two people who caused all the damage were Veron and Batistuta, Ortega, Lopez, Simeone, Sorin and co did not do enough to hurt us.

I would personally go for Veron because of the passes he was stringing together all day. The most useless Argentine player on the other hand was Cavallero. It is just a shame he was not tested more. I believe if he was Nigeria would have won the game because he was all over the place for crosses. You had better drop him for Bonano or Burgess because if you do not, he will cost Argentina dear.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
280 Posts
MOM: Sorin:star:

Outstanding: Placente (I'll give him this credit cos he was literally thrown into fire before the game and he did excellent job)

Played very well:Veron, Simeone,Ortega(sometimes selfish as usual:eek: )

Bad:Lopez(didn't justify starter position),Cavallero (kinda insecure)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Re: Two people caused all the damage

ayoakinfe said:
The most useless Argentine player on the other hand was Cavallero. It is just a shame he was not tested more. I believe if he was Nigeria would have won the game because he was all over the place for crosses. You had better drop him for Bonano or Burgess because if you do not, he will cost Argentina dear.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

Well gatta agree with you buddy...

Sorry for the insults BTW....

your guys were really rude...

anyway...sorry again

·
Registered
11 Posts
I voted for VERON.

Every time he touches the ball, something happens. He kept my poor Nigerian heart skipping all match long!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Re: Two people caused all the damage

ayoakinfe said:
he was all over the place for crosses. You had better drop him for Bonano or Burgess because if you do not, he will cost Argentina dear.

Yes, I noticed this too. He gets too far out of the goal and does not have much presence either. I think Bonano must get the next start.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Sorin...

·
Registered
658 Posts
the goal scorer, Bati pure determination, like he had with roma last yr when they won the title, i feel he will start against engalnd too.
I also think kily should play from the start.
VEron was majestic :)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
sorin, this guy does it all. he attacks, defends, fitghs, score (not last night, but the keeper save a great ball from him). he was the man of the match.

samuel - placente - ortega - veron: great match by these guys.

bati - simeone - zanetti - kily: vvery good match

pochettino: good second half, but just a decent first half.

cavallero:he had a great save, but he makes me feel insecure in air balls.
lopez: bad

batistuta goes out, crespo in; veron is out, aimar s in; lopez out, kily in. how many teams has this cuantity and quality in the bench???

another important thing, is bielsas personality. always attacking, and pressing when we dont have the ball.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I wont vote because we had 2 guys that played very important roles. Simeone and Veron.

They did all for the midfield. Veron was on the left, right and center. He was everywhere. Simeone did a great job pressuring the nigerian midfield. Of course, he had great help from Sorin and Zanetti which we should credit also.

One thing I noticed in the game was that Nigeria was not pressuring our defenders much and so we had an easy time moving up towards their half. I am 100% sure England will constantly pressure our defence, so we have to be ready for that. We have to continue to pressure them in their half because we can get alot of great chances with turnovers we will be creating.

·
Registered
271 Posts
batistuta goes out, crespo in; veron is out, aimar s in; lopez out, kily in. how many teams has this cuantity and quality in the bench???
Thats just one of the great things about this squad: for each first team player there is an equally great player on the bench who can play in his position.

The only big exception to that rule is at right back - pochettino and chamot. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
I voted for Juampi He was all over the place, Zanneti a close second. Crespo needs to be in there vs England though we need his pace and ball control.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I would pick out Zanetti and Sorin as the two best. I was also impressed by Samuel (very solid) Bati and at moments Ortega. I'm also glad that Kily came on in the second half.

What I liked is that the team fuctioned very well as a unit. It was a like a well oiled machine. The undersanding between the players was very good and the passing was crisp and inventive.

It seemed that Nigeria were content on defending with 8 to 10 players for most of the match and counter attacking whenever possible. Their golakeeper made some outstanding saves as well and if wasn't for him especially in the second half we could have won by 3-0.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts