Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Mori and Raul are one of the best individual strikers in the world but they dont have that Salas-Vieri,Yorke-Cole,Figo-Kluivert/Dani-Rivaldo match. They wernt made for eachother if you know what i mean.

Besides. Our bench does not hold worldclass when you look at the strikers:
Not counting with lazy Anelka we only have Zaraté and Aganzo and thet are not ready to step in if Raul or Mori were injured.

So buying another striker is a must (with funds from selling Anelka maybe...).

Kiko:May be relegated with Atletico and having such a quality target-player with a genius like Raul is deadly!

Alfonso:Good allround player! will match with any striker and can go deeper to midfield as well.Has been at Real before,winning the pijini (is that how you spelll it?)twice!

Ronaldo:Give him another chance, he still holds a lot of talent.

Munitis:If iam not wrong,he is regular at the bench at the spanish team. With the mentioned palyers i have here, thats a great honour!

Strikers not to buy:
Salva,Milosevic-one good season,no more.

Have any more suggestions?

real&barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'm glad I'm not alone in this opinion. My god where do morons like this guy come from. The title Real & Barca fan says it all... And then he writes the topic:" Our attack has..." OUR!!! Yeah right. OUR! How can someone supporting barcelona write OUR about Reals attack. Please choose another teamto support, cause Real Madrid doesn't need you, and with all due respect:) I wonder if anyone at the catalan page will want you either, when you post comments like Figo-Kluivert; Rivaldo-Dani and say they are great striker pairs!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now this is sad...

Is Mori and Raul truly such a great pair? Why havent we (oh my god!i said we!) scored more then 3 goals a game? None of them has scored a hat-trick and they are not first choice in spain national side anymore,glad your so updated...
I love them, i do.But some realistic opinions are never wrong. I just want perfection,thats all.

Now to my striker choices:
Ok, they were NOT realistic, that was more like that i listed my favourites, i give you credit for jumping at that, OK?

And labas, if you had watched more carefully i meant that Figo-(Kluiver or Dani at top!!!)-Rivaldo is a superb attack!
They are all magicians and score many goals, how can you deny that?
Vieri-Salas:
Ok, at this one YOU made a fool of yourself. Last year, they were respected as hell!! Maybe you dont watch Serie A.In that case,i understand. And Vieri left fo Inter because of one thing: MONEY!!!!!(remember,transfer record...
Ronaldo:As i mentioned, favourites so that goes for Kiko and Alfonso as well. They would never go to Real...
Munitis:He is alwys listed as a striker and isnt he salvas partner at santander?I do not know much about him,i admit that.

And to your suggestions, i might comment them later, but Mijatovic is OUT!

Too bad you didnt get that Dani or Kluiver thing, then you wouldnt give such crap in waste.

I love response, but take it easy, dont call me an idiot. If you have read this letter you have to understand me now.

Real&Barcafan

To the Miss:
Ok,once and for all- I love Real-and i respect Barca as much as i love real. Can you understand that? I dont know you, but you seem quite intelligen so understand that-PLEASE!!
Labas:The last post was pathetic.Read that part about that three man attack...And how can you decide wheter you are a part of Los Blancos or not?Thats laughable.

And i stand by my opinion:Our attack has no depht afte Raul and Mori.Anelka is out!

D

·
0 Posts
About Raul and Morientes, I don't know what you're talking about when you say they're not made for each other but, I think their mighty-fine. And they're still only 23 and 22. Only better things can happen when they are kept together for the next few years.

On Anelka. Well,I think he's come to his senses SOMEWHAT, because, according to AS, he has already made contact with Real's big bosses, and told them he went to Paris to take a break. He then asked to have a training schedule ready when he comes back. The report says the bosses liked this move.

Once again, I'm hoping against hope that he would finally be the talented next-big-thing we bought and end all this "our attack has no depth" talk. I'm not holding my breath though. He's not gonna accept a role as third striker, who's gonna be called upon when Raul or Morientes is injured. Neither can we afford to play all 3 at the same time all the time. Anelka's gonna have to fight, which is highly unlikely.

P.S.
For Pete's sake, Savio, Balic, Ognjenovic, Meca, Eto'o can all play forward aside from being wingers! That's depth enough.

I just saw a replay of Lazio-Marseille and S. Inzaghi scored 4 and could have scored another one had he not missed a penalty. Well 4 goals is always impressive, that's all I have to say. I refuse to believe we need him, although if Anelka goes he could be a replacement. What we are in urgent need of right now is a central defender (even Hierro has been bitten by the play-lousy-defense-if-you-play-for-Real bug) and a playmaker, someone like Pirlo or Riquelme.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hum...I am so discontented! We have an awesome pair!!! Guess how will I discribe them? Real Gemini :)
In fact, they fit so well. They knew each other's ways of playing. They even can guess other's next action so that can make some excellent passes between them. Of course, they're still so young, things just gonna be better and better. Oh, yup, they are not that involved if we compared them with Cole-Yorke or Salas-Vieri(others aren't acounted because I agree with Labas, but they are good and famous too). But it doesn't mean that they have not depth.

Our replacements, ok, I don't have much to say, but soon I will find out whether Balic is good. And Zarate has bright future. If he is not in a big club as Real, I'm pretty sure that he can be a good choice as starter.
Actually, the problem is still in Anelka! Oh, he went away again (pretty boring to count out his faults). But we just can play him as a sub. We tried 3 forwards before, but it didn't work so well. The problem is that our forwares are all in the same kind. They are technical players. Morie is a typical forward. I always saw him finished the goal of touching the ball in just one time. Anelka is a typical forward too. He use his speed to finish the goal before the defenders come. Raul, well, somehow, he can be an attack-midfielder. But he will never be a sub-forward as Rivaldo. It isn't his style. So, you see, they cannot fit a 3-forward system.
The style of Anelka's play is the real problem, I believe. Just as you guys said Geremi didn't fit our system(I disagreed), Anelka is the real one who doesn't fit Real at all! Once he blamed Redondo that he didn't pass the ball vertically but horizontally. VERTICALLY!!?? ah...everyone can see that it is English football.

I think we need a strong forward(body type??). Milosevic is a great choice. And Cluadio Lopez is great too, he can be a sub-attacker.

To The Miss:
S.Inzaghi? No, thanks. You always like some handsome players. Surely your handsome idols play for your fave clubs is great, but we don't need him. After the 4 goals, his price will rise crazily...maybe someday...he will be stated as OVERRATED...
To Real&Barca fans:
It is OK, I think I am the only one here to accept you. Both of the two teams have excting perforemces, if you are not a Spanish, you can do it. As The Miss, she love Lazio too. But I knew you are a dutiful Alfonso fan...HA...you even love Betis best! But I don't think he is the right one for Real. He is out of top now.

I can't agree with you more, dwMB. Yup, the most important problem is our defence.
And Labas, your post is funny...just one thing, we didn't need Mijatovic back.

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 18-03-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
OK. The replacements; it's a tuff matter. I still think Raul Gonzalez and Fernando Morientes are an absolutely sintalating pair. Raul will turn 23 in June and Fernando 24 in three weeks. There is still a lot of time left for these players, and they are already an awesome pair. A true striking partnership. The thing is Real have to sign a longer contract with both of them! Rauls ends in 2 years and Morintes's a year later. Let's get them to stay till 2007 like the idiot Anelka! Then we can bild the future around these 2 players. The bench is also something nice: Baljic - excellent and Zarate. We'll se, but I wouldn't buy anyone new, if somenone the really I would get Predrag Miajtovic back. he is once again doing wonders at Fiorentina. Why did he go!? My god Sanz is soemtimes stupid. Anyway serious replacements would and could be Simone Inzaghi, but I think he will be to expensive. Lazio made a good buy, and i'm not one fo those guys who first heard about the younger Inzaghi after wednesdays four goal show. I watched this player with interest since his last great year at Piacena. We should have took him in, but Real don't have the best scouts in the world. Abother option is sir Michael Owen, but watch out I bet you he'll be playing for the catalan bitches in at most 3 tears time. It will be the new record transfer I'm certain of it. Pretty dumb... Anyway going back to the moron:) Real & Barca fan, Munitis is not a striker, like I said he is a left sided winger and that's final!!! :) Please! Since you're a Betis fan create your own newsgroup and keep on writing back and forth to your ownself. Kiddin', no offense, I'mjust in a bad mood:))) BTW what would Finidi's pice be right now??? He could be a good option for Real...

D

·
0 Posts
I have to admit I never saw S. Inzaghi play one game at Piacenza. But I do know that he actually outscored his older brother Pippo last season. That's what made Lazio buy him. Still, if both are at their best, Anelka is still my preferred striker simply because selling him would mean a loss of money.

Anyway, from what I've seen this season, I think Inzaghi plays somewhat like Anelka. Speed. I think the difference is on Anelka's case his speed is suited to vertical football where someone from central midfield plays a ball to him and he breaks free from his defender to get to the ball. Inzaghi is more Italian. If I remember correctly, 2 or 3 of his goals were set up by Conceicao from the wings. Conceicao placed the ball between Inzaghi and the goal and Inzaghi and his defender was off to a race for the ball.

This is why Overmars' usual target is Bergkamp and not Anelka while Arsenal's French central midfield duo of Petit and Vieira are the ones who connected with Anelka well.

This is also why I think we need a playmaker. For Anelka. Someone who could make through balls from midfield for the attackers to pounce on because Redondo just isn't that type of player (He usually passes the ball to Roberto Carlos or any of the other wide players.) That might suit Anelka (Even he said that he plays better with a Zidane). That would be perfect I think. Redondo for the defense and balls to the flanks and the playmaker for the central game.

No need for an Inzaghi if we could get a playmaker (Pirlo is my favorite cause Inter just doen't take care of their players and he could be a target. Boca's Riquelme's a good one, too) Of course I'm assuming we can get 2 top quality defenders (not up-and-coming prodigies but top-quality Cannavaro/Stam/Thuram/Nesta level defenders). If we can do that, we're set...for next season.

Then again, how do you solve the longstanding dillemma of Raul, Morientes and Anelka? They just can't play together. One among Morientes and Anelka is gonna have to be on the bench while the other plays. Then when the opponent calls for it, the roles are exchanged.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
How to solve it? Though I didn't type it out, but just one way, SELL ANELKA!
Maybe he can shine...but absolutely not in Real!
Anelka broke our balance, did you guys notice that? Ok, I don't like Anelka all the way, but I'll try to be objective. We can't put him in the bench, it is silly to put 35 millions on the bench. But we can't play him, he doesn't deserve it, or on other way, we didn't have a fixed playmarker for him. He'd better go, it's good for him, and good for Real. Sadly, we will lost a lot of money.
Yup, S.Inzaghi is kinda like Anelka. I saw his last season's performance. IMO, not that good. He scores more than his elder bother is because he took all the penalty kicks. The one he most likes is his bother. But Pippo is better. At lease his diving skill is better, but S.Inzaghi's look is better,kidding :)...oh, back to seriously, actually, he is good, but we don't need him. It is not good to have so many good players in the same position. Yes, we need a real playmarker...make sure our balls aren't passed horizntally :). But who? I don't know!
oh, and still, central defenders are needed. I want someone tough!!! We are too technical...we need to mix so machinelike player. See, all the top teams trend to play pass-and-cross football, we should add some of this style in Real...it will make us stronger.

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 19-03-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
We have a pretty good crosser of the ball in Roberto Carlos. During the first game against Bayern, he sort of volleyed a cross to Raul for Real's second goal which at the time gave Real some hope. He also set up two goals against Sevilla, both on crosses. One was finished by a spectacular diving header by Guti and the other eluded three defenders and Raul, before it reached Morientes who blasted it in.

If what you mean by pass-and-cross is the the way Man U played last year wherein from the defense or central midfield the ball is passed to the wings, Beckham and, to a lesser extent, Giggs would receive it play a few tricks on his man before placing an inch-perfect cross towards Yorke's forehead, then we can achieve right now. Roberto Carlos is always on the overlap ready to receive the ball from either Redondo or whoever the left winger is.

Some issues arise:

If the wingbacks are gonna be crossing the ball, then the defense is gonna be exposed, hence the need for 2 very reliable centerbacks.

Salgado has to be an equally potent threat on the right so we're not predictable and have many options.

Speaking of adding more options, the playmaker role is the perfect complement to having a "pass-and-cross" type of game. He can tear apart the heart of the defense by providing through balls to the forwards. The Real offense then would be like this. Once Redondo (or whoever the DM is) recovers the ball from the defense, he has five primary options:

1) pass it to the playmaker, right in front of him who' gonna make a play

2) pass it to Roberto Carlos, making a run down the left flank

3)pass it to Michel Salgado, doing the same on the right

4)pass it to left winger (Savio, McManaman, Meca, Balic whoever) who can either give it to Carlos or make a play himself

5) pass it to the right winger (Geremi, Ognjenovic, etc.) who can do the same on the right

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
What Real Madrid needs are defenders. It was obvious after being crushed by Bayern that there are definite problems at the back. I think that Mihajlovic would fit in great at Madrid, not only can he offer impeccable set-plays, free kicks, corners, etc. but many people underestimate his defensive abilities. He is also one of the best I've seen at distributing the ball from the defense to the forwards, to get an attack started.

Attack: Raul, Morientes, Ognjenovic, Savio, Balic.... What more do you need ? It's good enough.

[This message has been edited by Nibble (edited 19-03-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Agreed. We need a good pair of defenders. Solid hard playing fellows, not Mihajlovic is **** in defense. Stam, Nesta or Cannavarro would be excellent! But everyone knows this... About the playmaker. I'm wondering if Zidane is still interested in a move to Real? He would absolutely great, because Veron is no longer an option. Why didn't Sanz get Veron this summer!? He is so stupid sometimes. And if we would get Zidane the question is play Redondo or Guti? I would go with Jose Maria, but I know a lot of you prefer overrated crap AKA Redondo. I also know that guti is del Bosques favorite so Fernando could be looking for a new club... Of course that is hypothesis as Zidane is nowhere near signing for Real. But who else would you guys see as a playmaker, who can not only just pass the ball to the wingers (Savio, Roberto C., Salgado, Geremi), but also take the responsibility himself and do something constructive for the team (Redondo does not do that). A good playmaker who can give the likes of Anelka horzizntal passes, not just crosses from our wingers. That BTW is one of the reasons I feel Redondo is crap...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Two players that could really boost Real´s chances for the next season are Rui Costa and Sol Campbell (or any good central defender)? Fiorentina is starting to rebuild their team so Rui Costa is at your reach!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Anyone but Rui Costa! He is overrated crap! I like him, but we need quality like Zidane. Soll Campbell is a good proposition though.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
OK. I have a new qeustion... What is del Bosques situation? Will he stay after this summer or will we once again go look for a big name with no skills. I personally feel Vicente has been a sucess and he shouldn't be deprived of what he's so far done. I'm sure the players and everyone else in the club woulld see it as something unfair...

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To sum things up:

Attack: Sell Anelka with small loss, we dont need trouble makers. At least we arnt giving him any money rigt now....
Munitis:I alrewady made clear to you labas that i didnt know much about him!!!Sorry!!!
He scored a nice "Ronaldo" goal this weekend!

Defence:Mihajlovich??Nope. Good set piece ,but Nesta is a better defender. But you must realise that Nesta is Lazios symbol!
Like Guerrerro in Atletic, Guardiola in Barca, Raul here, Del Piero in Juve, and so on! They would never sell him! One player that we might get is one of the Parma guys. You know which i mean....

Mijatovic: Ok, some people here are Yugoslavian,Bosnian (ok Balkan) so i think you are overestimating the players ability.
He scored a winning CL goaol and gave a good performance overall,not more.

Del Bosque: What did you expect? Real are great! Toshack had a bad influence at them.
We need a "mister" from Italy-Sven Göran Erikssons dream is coachin Real or Barca (he said that in a GOAL interview).He will maybe bee sacked soon so...
Capello:He is simply an awesome coach. Look at his spell with Milan!
Also, Celtas coach might be worth consiering, someone put up a great post about him a while ago....

Labas:Nice one about Betis...I like Alfonso, and Betis do have some other decent players!

Real Player: Can soem other persons read his response please!!!

The miss:Hmmm, so you are into attractive players. If so-who is your favourite at Real?And who is the ugliest at Real :)

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
OK, about Anelka; I wrote this article not too long ago to dailysoccer, so I will share it with you guys too. Its a reply to your statement R&B fan on Anelka: I do not think we should sell him! Nicola$ will come alive, but her's the article itself...

Hello Emeka, I am a great fan of Real Madrid CF and like all my
colleagues, have been watching this situation develop right from the start.
Nicola$ Anelka moved to Real this summer for 35 mln $$$ - that is a huge
amount of money, but OK, he was only 20 years old; a huge talent. I liked
this player from his days at Arsenal, so I wasn't all that mad (although my
personal favorite was Amoroso, who in the end became the second most
expensive player in the world). Unfortunately Anelka had been lacking match
practice right from the start and couldn't even score a goal in friendlies.
It got even worse, when the same happened in the league. Then came the
injury; nobody knows if Anelka was just faking... another mistery. OK, but
let's face it the problem with Anelka was not the lack of goals, but simply
the way he played - it was awful, he couldn't do anything, every defender
easily dispossesed him of the ball! It's a little bit like del Piero - he
too cannot score a goal, for 2 years now!, but he is not under such
pressure, because he plays well. With Anelka the situation was miserable, no
goals and no performances. Then in Brazil he got those 3 goals! Everybody
was happy and cheering! Anelka is back!!!, but anyone who saw those games
realized this is not Nicola$. All the goals were lucky, and the Frenchman
played vey moderate football (IMO he played bad, not even moderate).
Unfortunately he got injured again, this time for real, and the pressure was
mounting and mounting... Everyone knew that Anelka wasn't all that stable in
his head, because of freqeunt stupid comments, about his teammates and so
on. The idea of retiring at 20; excuse me, where the heck did that come
from?! I am pretty sure his brothers have a lot to do with this. Then
Nicola$ scores on his debut (back from injury) against Barcelona - once
again he played terrible (IMO), but he did his job; tapped in the shot of
Morientes. And that's pretty much his career at Real. Where is the problem?
Lately I have come to the conclusion the fault is not just his. Comments
about Hierro, have led me to believe that there is an overall difficult
situation in the club. Some players are said to not like the multimillion
dollar kid. This has to be true, I mean he doesn't speak spanish and doesn't
have the chance to make a good friendship. Only Karembeu and the always
friendly Roberto Carlos have supported him. I know this is sad, but most
likely also true. BUT! Nicola$ Anelka cannot behave the way he has; he must
stand tall, and fight it out. Running away from training sessions, makin
stupid comments about the tactics are not gonna change anything. I believe
he has a genuine love for the club, which he stated well before his move, so
he has to go for it now! The 45 day ban is IMO a bit too long; I would've
gone with 25 days. Still Anelka needs to return to Madrid and prove his
quality even in isolated training sessions. I for one believe Nicola$ will
still do some good for the best team in the world and the reason is simple:
Sanz will not sell him for half the price he bought him! I'm pretty sure
Lorenzo will wait through the storm and next year everything will start all
over again, only this time Anelka will regain his composure and form. The
Frenchman must now just concentrate, stop giving any whatsoever interviews
to the media and make his peace with del Bosque. If that will happen I am
confident all will go well. Maybe I am a dreamer, but I still have faith in
Real Madrid and Nicola$ Anelka....

Patryk L. AKA labas

A REAL MADRID FAN TILL I DIE

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Iam curios, exactly what stupid remaks have been made by him and his teammates? I heard he said Redondo didnt play the ball forward.
If this is true, he is a idiot. Redondo cant play the ball with maybe 50% of reaching the target. His passes are simple but sometimes he sees the game and starts a move.
Any other Redondo fan would understand what i mean. Another strenght of his is his incredible dribbling! I dont mean Michael Owen solo runs (Argentina 98) but he can do it with no acceleration at all. He is slow, but doesnt need much pace.

Ok, my piont is that i love Redondo and would like to know what the other Madrid fans here think of him.

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
R&B fan wrote: (...) I love Redondo, I masturbate when I see him, bla, bla, bla> Dude fuc* off if you wanna spam like that. I don't give a fuc* how much you like the Argentinian. I was talking about Anelka; the truth was he said he had problems with some players, who din't like him and so on - I wrote that once already. And you answer: If that's what he said it can't be Redondo, who causes the problems, simply because that's not true. Why you ask? Because I love Redondo - very logic thinking! Please go spam at the barcelona group! I'm sick of this crap.

On Anelka - IMO the situation is not just his fault, maybe we should take a larger perspective into view? Oh, and I can't wait for your opinions, but yours does not include R&B fan anymore - we already know how much you like Redondo, so if you wanna be welcomed back, write something smart for a change!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Labas, you're a racist idiot! Anyone who posts this crap

"My god! Raul and Morientes are exactly what you denied them - they are a pair made in heaven, way better then the 2 niggers from Manure."

shouldn't even be entitled to an opinion, never mind the diarrhea that you spew out!!

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.