Xtratime Community banner

1141 - 1160 of 1180 Posts

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Gustavo Hamer is more of a holding midfielder. Bel Hassani, Clement, Bruns etc are all attacking midfielders. At 21/22, Hamer needed to play week in week out. Otherwise he'd be lagging behind like Jari Schuurman who waited too long at Jong Feyenoord. Feyenoord probably see more in Wout Berger with his 1m 90 than they ever did in Hamer IMO.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Vilhena's FC Krasnodar was on the receiving end of a 5-0 drubbing by FC Basel, with our former midfielder contributing and own goal. Krasnodar did get 20 shots in total, but none of them went in!

·
Registered
59,138 Posts

·
Registered
42,831 Posts
Ryo scored St Pauli's equalizer against Osnabrück earlier. Game still in progress. This is the longest spell without injury he's had in ages.

St Pauli have been playing him not only as a winger but as a side back too. He still has plenty of athleticism from all reports despite all those injury setbacks.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Old style German manager :D the Dutch Felix Magath.

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
After watching Feyenoord's 3-1 win over PSV, I decided to watch the AZ-Ajax match since they are #2-#1 in the league right now. Was surprised to see that AZ have Jordie Clasie starting at central defense now due to injuries to Vlaar and the other former starter.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Yeah, and they even managed to keep a clean sheet against Huntelaar, Tadic and co.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Giovanni van Bronckhorst is the new trainer of Guangzhou R+F. Jean-Paul van Gastel, sacked via email by Sjaak, will be his assistant. Feyenoord's physio Arno Philips is also off to China.

Jon-Dahl Tomasson is Malmö FF's new trainer in the post-Markus Rosenberg era

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Giovanni van Bronckhorst is the new trainer of Guangzhou R+F. Jean-Paul van Gastel, sacked via email by Sjaak, will be his assistant. Feyenoord's physio Arno Philips is also off to China.
Good to know. ESPN+ carries the Chinese Premier League and I need to know which squad to follow. I was following Grazie Pelle's team Shandong Luneng. He has been a prolific goal scorer.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Jeez, Fiorentina have bought Sofyan Amrabat from Hellas Verona for 20m euros.
That's a 17m euro profit on the 3m they paid Club Brugge.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Uh ah Elia has signed a 2 year deal with FC Utrecht. That's quite a coup for them.

and yes, known by everyone by now, Ronald Koeman is on the verge of joining FC Barcelona. Wonder what that means for the KNVB. I think Peter Bosz is probably the highest rated Dutch coach out there who isn't called Ronald Koeman and since Bayer never win anything, Erik Gudde might have a chance if he has his eyes on him. Otherwise time for a foreigner? please no Frank de Boer

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Yeah knew about Koeman. I dislike Barcelona but good for him. I rate Koeman very highly but success at helming a football club isn't only dependent on the manager but also the club (circumstances). We shall see.

Good for Utrecht. I'd have still welcomed Elia to Feyenoord! He was so good when he was with us.

BTW. Van Bronckhorst for NT? :D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Just watched FC Cincinnati draw 0-0 with D.C. United in a dull, pedestrian match. Jaap Stam has three former Eredivisie players in his squad now. Jurgen Locadia and Siem de Jong (former PSVers), and Kamo Mokotjo, who played for Feyenoord. Locadia and de Jong both started as the two forwards.

True to form, Stam's side was dull offensively. One shot on goal in the first 60 minutes; I stopped watching after that. Locadia's touches are so poor, he gives the ball up easily. Anyway, don't miss Stam at all.

I see where Advocaat is still considering bringing in Jonathan de Guzman on a free transfer. He must not have liked what he saw from the midfield in the last match.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Locadia, the young man whom PSV once sold for 17 million euros.

I'm curious to see what de Guzman has left in him. We do lack depth in midfield. Did read that Advocaat tried out Burger as a central defender in the German friendlies and that he didn't do badly. Advocaat had the following to stay about him this weekend. He thinks Burger isn't agile enough and lacks a bit of insight as a midfelder. Better as a libero as the game will always be played out in front of him.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
After Tommy Beugelsdijk was sold to Sparta, Lex Immers has also been sent packing by ADO (simply released). He apparently didn't feel wanted and it seems that new coach Aleksander Rankovic wants to change a few things there.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
End of an era at ADO then. I wonder what will become of Lex. Surely he has one or two more seasons in him? I think he could have made a slightly better career in Eredivisie had he been a bit more modest about his techincal talents, in terms of his playing styles. All those obscenely ambitious volleys etc. - you just knew they would never work, but he clearly thought they would! He is good at getting into positions and is reasonably intelligent in his movement in general, and has a knack for sensing scoring opportunities. Just a very, very direct playing style would suit him better than what we saw of him at Feyenoord (though I'm not sure what was expected of him at Feyenoord either - he seemed to be playing like a traditional no. 10, though with zero technical playmaking skills!).

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Our mate has found a new club :cool:
2 year deal at NAC where he teams up with Maurice Steyn after his couple of months in the UAE. They'll probably once again be striving to get promoted.

Lex, the Dutch Paul Scholes but without the skills. Endearing with his enthousiasm, but really a player for ADO or (when they were in the Eredivisie back in the day) NAC.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Good on Lex - hope they'll make it and we'll see Lex in Eredivisie for one last season! He'll become the Arne Slot of NAC Breda, the aging talisman of an ascendant, struggling club. Though again, without the playmaking skills.

1141 - 1160 of 1180 Posts