·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Yeah, read about it. Thankfully he's ok and should be back in mid December

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42,820 Posts
Ryo Miyaichi spent years basically in the treatment room and his career seemed ruined essentially. This season he's finally got a run of games under his belt with St Pauli who are pushing for that 3rd promotion berth in the 2. Bundesliga.

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Good to hear.

Would have been a bit of a shame if the highlight of his career was to be that loan spell at Feyenoord as a 19 year old.

Big Henk Veerman I see is Sankt Pauli´s striker :D 6 goals in 15 appearances for him this season.

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Decided to watch an Indian Super League match this evening and turned on Delhi Dynamos versus Kerala Blasters. Was surprised to see Gianni Zuiverloon playing central defense for Delhi. The Dynamos won 2-0 with Zuiverloon volleying in the first goal.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Haha. That's funny Teak. Had forgotten about him completely. He was supposedly sort of talented.

Also, re: St. Pauli. My brother moved to Hamburg last year, should try to get a hold of tickets the next time I'm there.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Haha. That's funny Teak. Had forgotten about him completely. He was supposedly sort of talented.

Also, re: St. Pauli. My brother moved to Hamburg last year, should try to get a hold of tickets the next time I'm there.
Cool. Has he gotten a St. Pauli girl yet, or is he is looking for one?

Yeah, I had also completely forgotten about Zuiverloon.

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Lex Immers tekent voor drie jaar bij en sluit loopbaan af bij ADO
Lex Immers verlengt zijn aflopende contract bij ADO Den Haag met drie jaar. De 32-jarige middenvelder zal na zijn spelersloopbaan aan de club verbonden blijven als jeugdtrainer

Great man. :proud:
Immers has signed a 3 year contract at ADO and plans to become a youth trainer after his career.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Haha, he marches on, the man with the elephant touch! Also to Teak's previous question: my impression is that he's still looking for one :D

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Some transfers.

Joey Sleegers left Trencin to join FC Eindhoven on a free

Nelom is on trial at Vitesse. Buttner is now a free agent btw. Wonder where he will end up.

Kostas Lamprou has joined Vitesse and signed a 1 year deal with them. He turned down Sparta to join them

Anass Achahbar is a free agent after being released by PEC Zwolle. Star at u17 level, but despite scoring goals on loan at NEC, he later fell out with manager Jack de Gier and had to sit in the stands. Think that someone in the Jupiler League will still want him though

Big Mitch will become a millionaire at Saudi club Al Fateh.

Elvis Manu will also become a millionaire at Beijing Renhe, the city's second club

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Good on the lads. Hope Nelom gets a deal too, always liked the guy for some reason, though wouldn't want him as our starting left back ? Here's hoping for some Big Mitch domination in Saudi-Arabia!

Wonder what's been up with Achahbar. Thought he always looked too much like a Futsal player, but still, you could tell he had talent and he did well in the youngsters. I remember he didn't cover a whole lot of ground and there were talks of fitness issues despite him apparently training as much as everyone else.

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Jordy Clasie joined AZ on a free. He signed a 2+1 year contract after Southampton terminated his contract.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Sparta Rotterdam continue their excellent start to the season with a 1-2 away win at ADO Den Haag. Adil Auassar and Lex Immers played the same exact position for their respective squads (central midfield) and Lex scored the ADO goal. Two former Feyenoorders facing off against each other.

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Couple of post transfer deadline deals.

Jerson Cabral got himself a contract in Cyprus with Pafos FC. They got a Russian chairman and signed some well known free agents like Jason Puncheon, Bakary Sako and Sunny

Ricky van Haaren signed for Polish 2nd division side Olimpia Grudziadz

Miquel Nelom got reunited with van Geel and Jack Mathijsen and signed for Willem II whose fans weren't amused.

Anaas Achahbar signed with FC Dordrecht. He's now 25. Time for him to produce the goods or it might never happen at senior level.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
We've produced a fair amount of pretty rubbish players that we (at times stubbornly) tried to give a chance to in the first team. Well, all clubs do this to an extent - apart from the likes of Man City perhaps. It appears that Cabral had a half decent time at Levski Sofia. Interesting move to Pafos - seems like they've got some actual quality players signed up now. Sako can be really good on a good day. Cabral's a pretty frustrating case anyway. Had good technique and an eye for goal but looked like a street footballer who thought he was better than anyone else. Came across as an idiot and an asshole.

Van Haaren always looked absolutely hopeless due to his poor physical qualities (probably just didn't train enough). Achahbar had a few good flashes that demonstrated talent, nothing going on in his career either. Nelom, in some ways, I thought was the most promising of the bunch and really had it all if not for the absolute rubbish mental attributes. A dreamer, and totally unpredictable on the pitch - in all the wrong ways. Oh well, at least these boys aren't our boys anymore.

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Came across as an idiot and an asshole.

Van Haaren always looked absolutely hopeless due to his poor physical qualities (probably just didn't train enough). Achahbar had a few good flashes that demonstrated talent, nothing going on in his career either. Nelom, in some ways, I thought was the most promising of the bunch and really had it all if not for the absolute rubbish mental attributes. A dreamer, and totally unpredictable on the pitch - in all the wrong ways. Oh well, at least these boys aren't our boys anymore.
:D that assessment of Cabral

Achahbar looked good, but had the image of never being fully fit. It'd be annoying to see linger away and see him just play for Rijnsburgse Boys or Scheveningen for the rest of the career if he doesn't make it at Dordt.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Ricky van H in the Polish 2nd Division? Hahahaha. Does it pay better than the Jupiler League?

Next season, he will move to 3rd Division Malta maybe. :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Yeah, I too am hoping Achahbar could somehow pick it up still, he did have genuine talent. I remember coming across something saying that he trained just like everyone else but just couldn't get quite as fit. Not sure how much truth there was...and my memory might be pulling tricks too.

And yeah, quite a declining curve in R van Haaren's career path...

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Former Feyenoorder Gustavo Hamer scored a goal and assisted on one as PEC Zwolle beat RKC Waalwijk 6-2 yesterday. They have him playing at the attacking midfielder role.

Did Feyenoord give up on him too soon? Is this short guy Azarkan more highly rated?

1121 - 1140 of 1179 Posts