Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1152 Posts

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find a thread like this and I just heard something on TV 'bout Van Persie, as you prolly know he's already married to a Dutch Moroccan girl but NOW they say he supposedly converted to Islam .. ye ok.

Sorry if this sounds disrespectful but Ive always thought he acts as if he's brainwashed by that Moroccan Sietje friend of his. Can you imagine being best friends with your school's concierge whom you buy a house in London? :D w'alla :lala: I find the guy very weird.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
monte said:
:D

Who cares, I mean he's free to do whatever he wants, he may not be the sharpest tool out there, but I'm sure he has his reasons for it.

I admire the footballer Van Persie and I will continue to do so as he's one of the rare local guys who made it, which is cool. Especially since I know quite a few guys who were just as talented but didn't make it in the end for all sorts of reasons.

BTW There are tons of extremely hot Moroccan chicks in R'dam, but IMO he could have done better than this.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
hopefully he can turn out to be the next Mohammed Ali/ Mike Tyson in being a great sportsman whos converted to Islam.

He has 1 or 2 loose screws in his head, you only have to look at some of his stupidity on the pitch but as as his dad is an artist, I like to see him as excentric, the Van Gogh of football :D. A mad genius just like Tyson who imo is just misunderstood.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, it's like a 'who cares' thingy but when I heard it (from snorremans of course) I was like ':googly: :dielaugh:' and yeah why not make a thread like this to post ex player stuff in. It seems as if he's very easily influenced by others..

Wally yeah and what do you think of the fact that he drove his car to shambles, and then took off running away from it instead of calling the british ANWB or something? :tongue: o i am too mean. Our own mad genius :strong:

Moroccans can be pretty hot indeed :lick: but there's always a but ..

True that he made it, I guess, though he still hasn't proved much. Strange actually, he made it without having made it.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
monte said:
Wally yeah and what do you think of the fact that he drove his car to shambles, and then took off running away from it instead of calling the british ANWB or something? :tongue: o i am too mean. Our own mad genius :strong:
he was misunderstood by his car :stuckup: and what can you do if something like that happens?! :pp

yeah it's true he hasn't really produced much and most of his moments have been in patches. A bit like Leo who I fear will end up the same way but then not at a top club like Arsenal to rescue him.

talking of ex Feyenoorders still in Rotterdam, have any of you ever visited Uli van Gobbels clothes shop or Igor Korneevs zonnebankencentrum? :D

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Exactly Monte, there is usually a butt, a nice big one. :D

But the thread is indeed a good idea, I think highly of most ex-Feyenoorders. I try to follow guys like Kalou, Emerton, Dudek and Bosvelt as often as possible.

I think we different definitions on having made it. I think every kid here in R'dam dreams about playing for Arsenal or even Tottenham like El Hamdaoui. They´re driving big cars, have huge salaries, so that´s pretty successful IMO.

I saw some report on Korneev´s shop on RNN7, our local channel and it actually took me some minutes before I realised it was him. But it´s interesting to see he stayed in Rotterdam. Never been there though as I´m not the ´zonnebank´ type of guy, I have a natural tan. :shades: :D

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Drulo said:
I have a natural tan. :shades: :D
same here :shades: and I don't like the color of it anyway. I mean look at Henk Vos' skin color for example :D

the exFeyenoorders I follow most are probably Cruz, Dudek and Bosvelt. Part of my holy clan :)D) along with Kuijt and Gyan who are still with us luckily. Solomon will probably join it soon too :proud:

Emerton I liked. Actually pretty nice guy for an Aussie but as he said he saw Feyenoord as a steppingstone to the EPL (and I mean come on, Blackburn are usually junk tbh) I don't see him as a real oer- Feyenoorder like Bosvelt :strong: Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but PVH unfortunately really did blow it for me in the way he left :yuck: so despite him doing him so well here, he doesn't get the respect I'd give to Dudek for example

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Yeah same for me, dont get me wrong, I'm grateful for his huge involvement in our UEFA Cup run, but I don't really see him as a Feyenoorder. I do think Bona is one, same for Dudek and Bosvelt.

Emerton made a bad choice just like Jerzy. Both could have stayed and remained legends over here, but that's football and in some ways I do understand them wanting a new challenge.

Other players I liked were Kiprich, Taument, Fraser, Blinker, De Wolf, De Goey. A different generation, but they got me into Feyenoord! :proud:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive seen his zonnebankcentrum on TV as well. I believe his zonnebanken are black and red :) and Feyenoord clubkaarthouders can get some sort of discount... not 100% sure but I remember something like this. I dont go either, have done so in the past but it smells awful :yuck: and I dont really need it either. Van Gobbel, I thought he had some Surinaamse specerijen shop :confused:

Our golden oldies :D :

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Nice pic Monte, now that I see it, I remember a name that deserves a special mention, :star: Mike 'the man who knocked Ajax out' Obiku! :star:
What a guy, some time ago he was living and playing for the locals in Rhoon.

Look at Willem with his afro haha :D, also Bosz, Witschge, Scholten, Heus, Trustful, Metgod, i think even Dean Gorre is on there in the top left corner. The good times! :proud:

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
Drulo said:
Emerton made a bad choice just like Jerzy. Both could have stayed and remained legends over here, but that's football and in some ways I do understand them wanting a new challenge.
yeah Emo should have stayed for at least a season more as his form in his last season here was poor. We could have sold him to Liverpool or Newcastle the summer before his averagish last season and that probably would have been best also looking at the offers they made :greed: but we didn't as after that his mind seemed more set in England then at Feyenoord and he more or less became desperate to play in the EPL that he lowered his criteria to Blackburn who in the summer he moved to them also sold Duff I thought, so also not the best time to join them.

Dudek I think made a good move to Liverpool. In his first season he like broke the club's clean sheet record or something like that but after that the blunders crept in. Maybe because he had little to do in goal unlike here at Feyenoord where he was kept buzy often? if so it'd probably have been better if we let him move to Arsenal instead of rejecting their bid as their defence was weaker and they're obviously far more attacking than Pool. Also Dudek would have easily taken Seamans spot as he more or less was turning into a joke in his last few seasons, also with that ponytail of his :howler:
Anyways this is all looking in hindside :D

On Uli, didn't he have to turn up in court or something not so long ago cos he wanted to nick his footballers "pension" or something as he was in need of money? maybe I'm blabbering :D but I'm sure I heard something like that not so long ago

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
oh great I must be hearing things in my head then :wallbang: :D

some worrying news about an ex Feyenoorder is this though: http://www.fr-fans.nl/nieuws/nieuws_200504_037.htm don't remember him playing for us as I wasn't here back then but I do know him from his English days especially

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
at least one (ex) Feyenoorder did something worthwhile last night

Jerzy Dudek :cool:

Didn't have to do too much as Juventus were a pile of poo by their standards imo but he did what he had to do.

Good to see Benitez sticking by him (unlike Fergie where it's basically, one blunder and you're out hence them never finding a replacement for Schmeichel) and I hope Benitez's belief in Dudek will be repaid by him in great consistant performances we all know he is capable of. :star:

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
2 goals for montes boy :cool: in Arsenals FA cup semi final win against Blackburn. HAven't seen the goals yet but apparantly they were really good.Now got to hope he keeps it up

Some trivia stuff. Heard that Henk Fraser, Peter Houtman and Mario Been amongst others ran in the Rotterdam marathon last week and finished round the 3 hour 40 mark. Not too bad and read in todays paper that Ono has a jumperline in Japan for dogs :googly: :D

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
And that jumperline sells like crazy! I read about it in the AD. :D

Some more trivia, Mario Been's new Audi A4 got stolen last week by a couple of guys who live in my neighbourhood. The idiots were cruising with it almost for a week, when at least 2 of them got arrested. :wallbang:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
BTW to get back on Van Persie´s performance last weekend. Two brilliant goals, a la Bergkamp! Now I honestly don´t get how someone can compare that overrated midget from the trailerparks with Robin. :eek:

He's gonna become really big!

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wally said:
2 goals for montes boy :cool:
:D what do you mean? Because the topic opener was about him? Hey don't forget I dont question his left foot and his spelinzicht. Good goals, thumbs up.

Excellent call on Majstorovic Drulo. :fero: Off all HCE players I would go for him. And of course I would pair him up with DUsan Basta :)
(Heard about Heerenveen's interest for Kranjcar? :tongue: ) Our D is truly HORRIBLE.
Basta - Saidi - Majstorovic - GIO :D :star:

I wasnt absent cause of the horrible defeat but I wont comment on it, it was very much predicted cause it's Feyenoords reality :mad: Hey Gullit's on TV... cheers

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
monte said:
:D what do you mean?
your dream boy wasn't it ? :shades: :confused:

Majstorovic definitely would be good but as he's got a long contract with Twente I fear they'll ask more than we can afford.

Like Drulo said, Boateng and Gio would probably be out our price and wage rage too so I fear we'll have to keep our expectations to either Bosvelt or perhaps hopefully Oude Kamphuis and if it's not them, well then we can always call Acuna back :D

what did Gullit say ?did he announce his resignation :hopefull: ?

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wally said:
your dream boy wasn't it ? :shades: :confused:
your smilies do not indicate sarcasm. :scared: :confused:

Wally said:
Majstorovic definitely would be good but as he's got a long contract with Twente I fear they'll ask more than we can afford.
as the man on my avatar said: better one great buy than a bunch of crappy insecure ones. :shades: We've probably thrown in our own windows already now cause we've bought some, and idd prolly wont have much $$$ left.

Wally said:
Like Drulo said, Boateng and Gio would probably be out our price and wage rage too.
i know

Wally said:
so I fear we'll have to keep our expectations to either Bosvelt or perhaps hopefully Oude Kamphuis and if it's not them, well then we can always call Acuna back :D.
I say no to Bosvelt and I dont get the fuss over OK, he gets mentioned all the time. The guy seems to be a lunatic, :D i heard he kept dogs in his own barn and every now and then he detected blood on the floor cause they fought each other. which he thought was very cool. :wth: Besides he only wants a mid position, preferrably in the attacking role. And he dissed Feyenoord saying Schalke is ten times nicer or something along those lines.

Wally said:
what did Gullit say ?did he announce his resignation :hopefull: ?
He said that Estelle took the kids out to the PC for a birthday party and that he felt lonely. He asked if an RKC player could cheer him up, preferrably of mediocre talent to not bring Ajax into an uncomfortable position. :nerd:

DAMN this thread is supposed to deal with Oud Feyenoorders! :dielaugh: :neutral:

1 - 20 of 1152 Posts