Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
Baric is 70 years old...when he was a teen times were different I'll bet ;)

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Well, if I had to guess which Croatian footballer is a Homo.... I would say Igor Biscan. Just something about him that doesn't seem right. Probably not but out of everyone I'd say that he's the one that looks like a sausage fancier.

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
a what.??? HAHAHAHA :d

·
Registered
68,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahahaha found this article in an English newspaper...

ENGLAND’S football stars will get extra support in Euro 2004 — from Croatia’s GAY population.

They are outraged after Croatian national coach Otto Baric said he would never pick a homosexual.

And gay groups vowed to back David Beckham’s England boys when the teams play in Lisbon, Portugal, on June 21.

Baric, 71, said in an interview: “There is no place for homosexuals in my team. Homosexuality is not good.”

Gay rights spokesman Anto Tomcic said: “We want Croatian football chiefs to do something.”

He added they chose England due to the country’s gay rights record.
-----------------------------------------
WHO CARES!!! let the guy say what he wants to say! these people are not croatians if they dare choose to support England!

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
Baric is an idiot for saying that (though I don't blame him, it was just different in his day and you could say that sort of stuff, being politically correct is an invention of the 90s)...but the pederi supporting England? I'd love to see them in any city with their "Proud to be gay" t-shirts and their English flags....

I think they'll support England in the "closet" :howler: :D

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
ma ne bih ti je ja izbriso...

I don't mind that they;re upset, but threatuing to support England (what about France and Swiss?) is just laughable...

·
Registered
36,107 Posts
who's a torcidas?

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I am not sure toy guys realize how serious is this one. And I mean it. Saying thins like, should mean an automatic resignation in any country, as far as I concerned. Immediately. Its just like saying, "There is no places for gypsies in my team". Its terrible.

What is also bad is the way ppl react. Don’t tell me you don’t see the real problem there - its discrimination! Guilty on all counts. A clear cut case. And discrimination is bad, anywhere, any time ... bad. It doesn’t matter at all if we speak about gays, roma, blacks, etc. His words belong to pre-1950s US, when baseball was for whites only. They also belong to South Africa in the 80s, when there were different busses for the different colors.

they really supported us
Who are "they" and "us"?

Baric is 70 years old...when he was a teen times were different I'll bet
Yes, I guess, so. Hitler put them in concentration camps. Just like the Jews or the Roma. Or the Catholics later ...

Please, guys, don’t take this one so lightly. It’s not a joke, really.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I was very suprised to hear this, but I wonder what player he was reffering to. Think about it who could be gay and is a realy good player but never get's a spot well let's see- Vedran Runje mayb (I doubt he's gay), who else? Actually, I'm sick of this how in society today everyone has to be political correct sure Otto crossed the line you can't poke fun at anything anymore.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Its not right to discriminate against ANYONE! thats correct Bono but relax man Baric is only a soccer coach who you'll know just by reading some of his interviews that he is senile(Zvonko Bogdan-Zvone Boban, confusing Dario Simic and Darijo Srna etc...) this thread is closed.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Just for the record, and to abuse my powers a little. ;)

I am relaxed. Dont get me wrong there. May be just not completely. I believe there are certain issues , and for me a very small number of, that we shoudl take seriously. Discrimnation and rasicism, for ex., is one of them. The way, I would never be completey relaxed when ppl say "Jewish jokes", for example.

Anyway, good call here, Tommy. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.