Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread for all the other (not Croatia's ;) ) games of the first round, so we don't make a mess of the forum over the next week and a half :)

Senegal beat France 1-0 in the opener :dazed: I predicted a 1-1 draw a few weeks back, but the African nation stunned France, and the world tonight.

Discuss this and the other upcoming games here.

Cheers

Ero

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
not to sound trite, but could the ball be an issue?? the "Fevernova".

Ive heard complaints about this thing. Trezeguet had some really bad uncharacterisitic touches.

I hope it works in our favor and not against....

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's mixed feelings about it, it's just 'different' most agree. Stanic and Jarni don't like it, while Suker and Prosinecki say it responds nicely.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
SENEGAL! damn those handsome devils:tongue: they did the most unpredictable thing this world cup and its only the first game!!:eek: :eek: and thier first world cup match ever! what are they trying to do take away our spotlight;) we'll see how the fare later in the tournament but for now im really happy for them! WELL DONE SENEGAL

France BOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Yeah..I heard that France complained about the ball..but guess what?? Both teams use the same exact ball so that should never be an excuse...France hit the post a few times, but Sengal had some chances as well in the first 15 minutes, but, the just didn't shoot the ball well.

One lessoned learned from this....never underestimate your opponent.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
P.S. i couldnt tell but which team was France A and which was France B? ;) :D because before the game started they were calling Senegal (a former French colony) France B well i guess the jokes on them now

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
hehe yeah, well they need to beat both of their next opponents, but that wont be easy at all... it would be interesting if France got out of WC too early... at least we shall see some dedication on thei rpart in upcoming games ;-)

·
©
7,230 Posts
France seem to be more Zidane dependant than what I thought. There was absolutely no creativity in midfield. They underestimated Senegal and paid the penalty. I don't understand the French coach and his selection policy but Senegal got it tactically perfect.

WELL DONE SENEGAL!!

Maybe this will be the turn of the African nations to do well at a WC?

About the ball, I don't understand why they change it just for the World Cup? What is the point? Just like FIFA saying that referee's will crack down more on diving etc. Things like that should be experimented elsewhere not the World Cup.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
International matches have been played with the fevernova for 3 months.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
heh dinamo, ball is always changed at WC, dunno why, but it isnt a big issue, except maybe being a scape goat for some ppl ;-)

as to diving, well its FIFA rules, not UEFA's or any1's elses... and I support it 500%.... even though it means that half of Croatian team will get a yellow card at least once in a game ;-)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Watching todays game, France came out slow, but the game was theirs to win. They did not create that well, but they did have the majority of play as well as the majority of chances...but as they say, you have to make the best of your opportunities, which Senegal did. France hits the post twice and the goalie made some nice saves. Anyway, this puts a lot of pressure on the French to win the next two games.

I think that the weather played a big factor too. It was hot and humid in Korea. I think the humidity was around 68% and the temperature was 73 degree farenheit (23 degrees C) at 8:30 at night...this is why I also worry a bit about the Croatia-Mexico game because this one will be a mid-afternoon game and it most likely will be hot and humid as well....the Mexicans love this stuff.

As for the ball...what is up with that design??? Why not go back to that old design....

·
©
7,230 Posts
spwolf

Yeah I support it to, but why say that the ref's will be tougher on it and give out cards for evry dive just before the world cup. Just like the last WC when ref's were supposed to give red cards for every tackle from behind. It ended up turning into a farce.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Ireland 1 Cameroon 1

At the beginning it looked like Ireland were going to get squashed, but in the second half Cameroon looked like a bunch of clumbsy amatures. I don't think Cameroon deserve the hype they've received.

Ireland should have won it.

Yes, I did stay up to watch it....:yawn:

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep, a classic game of two halves. Cameroon looked set to win, but then fell apart as the Irish started putting together some crosses and good shots.

Ireland should have won, but Cameroon's forward missed an open goal early in the second that could have won it for them. It's good to see Ireland overcoming the loss of Roy Keane.

Did you see the Cameroon shirts though.....sranje.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Denmark 2-1 :)

I saw Uruguay against Aistralia, they failed to impress me. Silva and Recoba are class players, but they have too many role players.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ha ! Ero predicts again...man :)

spwolf, are we good or what?

1 - 20 of 228 Posts