Xtratime Community banner

2481 - 2500 of 2505 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
Id say she became a star when she beat Serena in the Indian Wells final, but this is amazing.

What a beast!

She’s from the same city I am from in Canada too. Double the reason to support her. I’m excited to follow her career along with Halep’s

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
Why are there no good Romanian men? It's like with Chinese players, all the successful players are female.
I don't really know. At least now it seems there are a couple of promising male players.
At the moment, male tennis in Romania is reduced to Horia Tecau, who is great in doubles, and the little things Copil can do in singles.

In Romanian sports, generally, women are more successful than men.

·
Registered
19,784 Posts
Id say she became a star when she beat Serena in the Indian Wells final, but this is amazing.

What a beast!

She’s from the same city I am from in Canada too. Double the reason to support her. I’m excited to follow her career along with Halep’s
I think the key was she is from the same city I work in. ;)

Nice to see her win especially with the entire crowd against her and rooting for the she-male Williams.

·
Registered
69,564 Posts

Luni:

13:30 Karolina Pliskova - Elina Svitolina

15:00 Simona Halep - Bianca Andreescu

Duminică:

11:30 Naomi Osaka - Petra Kvitova

13:30 Ashleigh Barty - Belinda Bencic

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
Halep survived Andreescu in 3 sets, saving a match point in 2nd set. The Canadian looked without energy in the last one.

One of that matches when you win more points than your rival, but you lose.

·
Registered
69,564 Posts
Women's Handball

Dark intentions in the selection for the World Championship (Japan, 30 November - 15 December).

Portari: Dumanska, Ciucă (SCM Rm. Vâlcea), Dedu (CSM București)
Extreme stânga: Florica (SCM Rm. Vâlcea), Iuganu (Gloria Buzău)
Interi stânga: Cristina Neagu, Gabriela Perianu (CSM București), Bianca Bazaliu (Corona Brașov)
Centri: Eliza Buceschi, Cristina Laslo (Corona Brașov), Mădălina Zamfirescu (SCM Rm. Vâlcea), Laura Pristăviță (Gloria Bistrița)
Interi dreapta: Daria Bucur (Corona Brașov)
Extreme dreapta: Aneta Udriștoiu (Dunărea Brăila), Sonia Seraficeanu (Minaur Baia Mare)
Pivoți: Crina Pintea (CSM București), Raluca Băcăoanu (SCM Rm. Vâlcea), Lorena Ostase (CSM Slatina).

·
General Iordanescu
28,212 Posts
This one sport we tend to be good at (never missed a WC, and just one Euro) is starting today.

Aside from Neagu a rather fresh team... probably (hopefully?) will qualify to the main round but not the semis...

2481 - 2500 of 2505 Posts