Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1715 Posts

·
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not to brag but when I was 6'0" in high school worth a good 185 lbs in my best shape of my life I could run a 40 yard dash in 4.4 some odd seconds and throw a football 62 yards, my best distance ever was 64 yards. I had a very strong arm, a howitizer at that for just a 6" thrower and I was incredibly fast as my fraternity pals saw. I played rugby in college and almost outran the entire field during practices except for 1 other guy whom I could never beat during in-line practice sessions.

What I would like to know is how fit are these kids today in Hungary? I know there isn't an obsesity problem there. But where are the 6 footers who can head the ball who add some physical dimension to the game?

Are kids eating well there and getting plenty of nutrition to grow up to be at least 5'11" or 6' or bigger? Some good dietary excellence and protein are required for kids on some level for Hungary to climb back into the crib of European power football. Well sinewed muscle is required in football not just for speed, height also, and endurance among a great many other things. I don't see great physical specimens emerging from Hungary, and a great country like America churns out great atheletes at a steady tempo. Are kids eating well there or what's going on? Perhaps the high quality American beef supply has not reached those atheletic channels. Import more Grade AAA American beef to Hungary without the transfat qualities, I'm almost nearly serious ;).

Reason I ask is because I know I could have played a whole heckava lot better than some of these junior highly touted varsity kids now making their debuts as forwards for pro Euro teams.

My size, speed, and strenght although I didn't have a complete marathon like endurance, I was more explosive off the ball in rugby and in football, I know I would better than a lot of Hungary's current youth crop if I really gave it my all. That's not arrogance that's truth when I was younger.

·
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bentex said:
Handball!
Bentex, have you ever thrown a real football through the air? Not a handball. I'd say that you should try it. Try to see how far you can throw an American football. Its a beautiful thing to see that ball be thrown and slice through the air.;)

·
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bentex, that was pretty wily... pretty slick Rick. Man you're sharp Bentex, nice, I won't even call you Benni for that. I'll just offer you a peaceful bloody mary in Rick's Americaine Cafe in Casablanca. The chips are on the table Bentex, indulge and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Is it possible you can check your post and edit it before you post it? Several times now I've read your post againt because you added another chapter to your novel :)
You can do that for Bentex úr can't you? :flirt:

·
Registered
55,475 Posts
I for one have thrown a Rugby egg once or twice, not an american football egg, I am not sure though if there is a difference. but I have no idea how many "yards" that was, I didn't measure it anyway, maybe 30 metres.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Rugby was ok (playing) I used to play in school. I was in the school team.
We got smashed every game. It took me a while to find out you had to be good at running :) When I did I gave up :D

·
Registered
55,475 Posts
I actually never played rugby, you know there is no rugby at all around here, but I got involved when I watched my first rugby world cup, I think in 1995. then a friend of mine broughta rugby egg from australia and we tried ourselves throwing it around. :D Go All Blacks!

PS I wonder if they use the same ball as in american football, size, weight, material.....

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
szövkap said:
I actually never played rugby, you know there is no rugby at all around here, but I got involved when I watched my first rugby world cup, I think in 1995. then a friend of mine broughta rugby egg from australia and we tried ourselves throwing it around. :D Go All Blacks!

PS I wonder if they use the same ball as in american football, size, weight, material.....
The American football is smaller and more pointed and thus better for throwing and flying. Rugby is fun to watch but Assie Rules Football is the ultimate "war".

·
Registered
587 Posts
They call Aussie Rules GAYFL for a reason...

How far can you throw a half paver or a moltov cocktail GM...that's all that counts in BP these days ain't it.

I used to be able to run a sub 48 secs 400m when I was younger. I would like to thank the North Yorkshire Constabulary for helping me train!

·
Registered
587 Posts
A brand of football boots and balls advert...

In French it says:

"Shoes and balls"
"Hungaria for football and Rugby"

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
At the bottom:
"Sold in every good sports shop"

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
hajra magyarorszag! I think we have only had 1 guy EVER drafted to the NHL... but he's never played in a NHL game before, just in the minors.

·
Registered
17,900 Posts
PANNON KUPA, 1. FORDULÓ
MAGYARORSZÁG - SZLOVÉNIA 7-1 (2-0, 3-0, 2-1)
G.: Palkovics (2), Gröschl (2), Horváth A., Azari, Kangyal ill. Kralj

1 - 20 of 1715 Posts