Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of countries that play soccer as their first sport, countries like china, japan, well, i only know about the asian countries.

How come they don't get better, i mean , i know everyone in hk play soccer, but the national team of china always suc*, can someone explain to me about this phenomunon??

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
That's a good question. I always wonder that myself. I think Japan has the best chance to become a decent competing side, but the rest, I can't see becoming good anytime soon.

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

S

·
0 Posts
Guys come on !
when you talk about Asia you had better talk about Saudia Arabia ..they are the one who qualified to WC in 1994 and 1998 and did good job in that. Also, they have won the Asian cup 4 times in the last 6 times !
also, they have done good job in the continintal cup what was in Mexico last year also they have a good league which we can compair to the J-league. guys you can't forget Saudi Arabia
but you know what ? :)...watch The Kuwaiti Olimpic team next September in Sidney 2000 ..man they have very young decent players who deserve to be watched. :)

------------------
Forza Q8 :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
FIFA President, I think its because there is not a tough enough domestic leauge to bring up players who are good enough/has experience to play in the International level. Japan had been growing up very fast because they had a moderately tough league (in Asia) and look at their U-23 team last year. If China can build up their domestic leauge and some players can go play abroad then China has one the the largest potentials because China has so many people and its increbdible not to find 25 players who can play football. (ie look the the medal awards in the past summer Olympics).

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Sauwi: I consider Iran better than Saudi Arabia right now.

HK: Yah, its true China has tons of potential, don't forget the same can go for the US.

------------------
Forza 1) JUVE 2) Chelsea 3) Valencia

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
yes, iran is the best asian team...they have great recognized players...they will surely qualify for wc2002....saudi is the team that was horrible in 98.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
PLus, china has a population of over 1 billion. And they cant get a decent team out of 1 billion people???thats 3 europes!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yea to me Asian future lies in Iran and Japan. Iran has the talent of some fine players and Japan has money to inject into youth programs etc.

An Asian country win the World Cup??? Now I'd like to see that!!
Maybe World Cup 2022 ;)

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

S

·
0 Posts
the Asian Cup and The World cup are not that far ..you all will see what Saudi Arabia and Kuwait will do :)...remember me ok ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts