Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized we never had an offtopic talk here guys...I am just curious what do you guys do where do you live, why you are there etc...(i am an FBI agent:D )

just some off topic talk;) not only ourselves..we can talk anything here..

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Good idea Kaya, we did the same thing in the Tottenham forum and made it a sticky. It's good for people like me, who go off on tangents.:D

Another thing I wanted to ask, was the first names of the posters here. I won't mention the ones I know, in case they want to remain anonymous:mute:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Just realised I posted this in the Gala forum! :embarass: We could add one in the Turkish forum too, so we don't scare the Fener fans off :eek:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
ok ! good suggestion !

what are the subjects? Anything? Anything what ?:tongue:

Ok, I am writing about my very interesting job :D
I want to bore you.

Ok, I am at work now. Nobody but me (;) ) is here. My colleague just brought some food from Mcdonald`s. I love it!

I am working at a freightforwarding agency... Customs, transports and so on. We have contact with whole Europe. Especially Russia, Holland, Italy...That`s why I speak perfect english :D I have much practice on phone. But it`s funny. We laugh a lot!

hmmm, I stop here. I think my food is more important now. :tongue:

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
So, what's up?:tongue: ;) :D

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Aragon, Well I think we've already discovered you're heart is really with Gala (as discovered in the Turkish forum) :D So I'm not surprised we haven't scared you off.

Come on, admit it...;) :tongue:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
My name is Deniz and I am a 16-year old high school student, who will be starting a university in 2003.

Over the summer, I might try to create a bad Girls Gone Wild-spin off and try to sell it to my friends for some cash:D :devil:

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Ok well I am 23 finished school and everything I live across NYC the town were the GW bridge is at, I speak perfect English and perfect Turkish(wow big deal who cares!), I live with my girlfriend who is African-American, I am a soccer player(I play for a local Turkish team), and ofcourse I have a job! I ain't gonna tell ya though but I make enough money to live a good life.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
waq said:
I ain't gonna tell ya though but I make enough money to live a good life.
why not?!? :groan: ;)

I am 22, i study entrepreneurship in boston..i still have another year to go with school...speak italian well in addition to english n my native tongue chinese..

what else? i play soccer almost every sunday..i have finals so i am stuck home since 2 weeks:fero: i am trying to get make some cash and start my own business when i go back to turkey next may..

what else what else...i am a music maniac, i listen to anything but mix house/club cds mostly in my pc..i am planing to get a turntable this summer...right now, i am listening to my first pop cd since a very liong time..i know it sounds gay, but enrique iglaseas-escape :cool: its such a good album, i recommend to anybody..

what else? i have a girlfreind, her name is heidi klum...I think i scanned a picture of her, i ll post it later..

;) :D

thats it folks, ur turn..

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
OK I am 22 and I have two more years to finish school. Speak only English and Turkish. I play intramural soccer every weekend, besides that, I cycle when the weather is good (which is very unlikely in this place :rolleyes: ), go to gym at least four times a week (still can not lift 8 times more than my body weight like an ant:cry: ).

What else. I have friends from almost every country over here and watching the world cup will be fun. Especially the Brazil-Turkey game. I think we might fight:D

What else. ohh right now I am working at a financial company and I have nothing else to do here for another 15 min till I can leave.

For now thats it I guess.

Hey Carlito where do you live in Boston man?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live across the river in cambridge actually, you?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
ohhhhh...!! I want to know: where are u from in Turkey ? :confused: I mean the city your parants are from, where your`re registrated, where your relatives live... do you get me?
oh man - SHORT: N E R E L I S I N I Z ??:D

me:

SINOP (the "top-city" of Turkey)

my father is cerkez, my mother normal ( ;) ) turk....

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
So Kaya, did you grow up in Shanghai?:D
Maybe WAQ doesn't want to admit he is a gigolo?Just kidding;)

My parents were both born in Istanbul, but my dad's side is mostly from Gelibolu and Istanbul, while my mom's side is from Tokat and Erzurum, and Ayvalik as well (interesting combo):D

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Deniz, i am from hong kong:D

I am from Bursa. When i go back, i kindof live in both cities, half week there half week there...

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
oh man - SHORT: N E R E L I S I N I Z ??
No misteries here right?:D

If any, I am from Malatya:cool:

But, I just lived one year in Malatya, back in 92 when I started university:eek:

Other than that I lived in Sarikamis(2), Edirne(6), Cyprus(2), K.Maras(3), Erzurum(3), Malatya(1), Ankara(5) and Houston(3).

That makes it 25, But I am 27 years old, I don't know what happened to those 2 years:D

BTW, My fathers roots come from Caucasia, so when I say I am Caucasian I mean it;)

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Ok, back from the weekend:)

You can guess my name, the rest; I'm 28 (So I remember Elvis...:eek: :D ). I'm currently a freelance designer (Did a degree in Film and art). However am looking to get into I.T (since I spend so much time in front of a PC, I may as well get paid for it...)

Born in London and have always lived here.

Family originated from Ordu and Samsun (Esperar, we could be related :D, oh yes my brother in law is a Cerkez!).
From my research it seems we originate from Crimea (we are a part of the Kalafatoglu clan).

Waq you're girlfriend is African-American? good to see us new breed of Turks are taking it out of ourt village:D ). My partner is half African (Ghana) and half Azeri-Persian.

I played football too, used to play for my borough and some other decent teams, but decided on the education and regret it to this day :depress:

I'll also tell you my credit card number too, if that wasn't enough...:eek: :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
oh man! too much information from all of you at once! :rolleyes: :D

can`t you do it bit by bit??;)

HakanK, what is crimea and the Kalafatoglu-clan?
but you`re right, we have sooo many things in common, we MUST be related!! ;)

Aragon, Caucasia is big, so what exactly? Perhaps you LOST 2 of your missing years there?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hakan I thought u were much older than 28! I dont know why!:D

where in london? man, dont i love london!;) been couple times, way too expensive though!:eek:

what exactly is a free lance designer?

Aragon! you are like evliya celebi!;) why did you live in so many places?:eek: and the fact that u dont know what hapend to 2 years is just sad...:D

do you work in houston? why did u move there?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts