Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NA WEBU uglednog americkog Casopisa Forbes postavljena je anketa, u kojoj se od ispitanika trazi da izaberu najgori automobil svih vremena. S vise od 30% glasova pobjednik je - Yugo.

Novinari Forbesa ogranicili su izbor na 14 automobila proizvedene nakon Drugog svjetskog rata, a glasaci su trebali jednom automobilu od njih 14 ponudjenih pridodati i odredjene atribute: "nesiguran", "stilski lose izradjen", "konstrukcijski neadekvatan", "bez dobrog marketinga" ili "od svega po nesto".

U anketi, jos uvijek aktualnoj na stranicama Forbes.com-a, od ukupno 13148 surfera njih 32% odluècilo se za Yugo GV (1981-1991). Gotovo duplo manje, 17% glasova, dobio je Ford Pinto (1971-1980), a treci najgori auto je, po izboru posjetioca Forbes.com-a, AMC Pacer s 9% glasova.

U Forbesovom tekstu o najgorim automobilima ikad proizvedenim, stoji kako bi rezultati ankete mogli posluziti kao snazan podsjetnik na to kako i automobilska industrija ponekad moze "gadno pogrijesiti".

"Najbolje sto se moze reci o ovim automobilima je sto su dani kada su oni proizvedeni daleko iza nas." - zakljucio je Forbes.com.

-------------------

I think I agree...but I still like the 'Fico' :)

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Oh c'mon this is pure BS.

Sure, the Yugo is no Volkswagen - but it is definitely not the worst car ever. Have any of you been inside a Fiat 127p ("peglica")? How about a Zaporozhets? Yugo is miles ahead of these...and a few others.

Not to mention that the Yugos that went to the States were 5x better than the ones for the domestic market.

This comes from just a bunch of spoiled American brats who don't know what a REALLY bad car is...:tongue:

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Nah man, the Yugo Florida is a beast and the Koral isn't too bad either, it only looks like a freakin' matchbox. When you hit a 100 km/h the car starts to shake :howler:. Saw the new Yugo Koral this summer, the most ridiculous wannabe Golf 3 you'll ever see.

Still I'm proud to say I've driven in a Yugo, mentioned and even to be seen in numerous movies over the years, even American. :tongue:

·
Registered
68,994 Posts
There was one american movie with Danny DiVito in it (the really short funny actor), it was about a town where everybody drove Yugo's. :D The yugo may not be the best car but its not the worst I'll be honest. My uncle in Ozalj still drives a blue Yugo Zastava! :tongue:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
You mean Zastava Jugo, of course.

They only changed the 'j' into a 'y' for the foreign market later on...in the States, there actually clubs of people who are Yugo enthusiasts...weird but true! There is also some guy in Utah who loves his Yugo so much so he bought a 2nd one and keeps it locked in his garage for when the 1st one breaks down. :D

You wouldn't believe how many of 'em I saw in Greece though, especially on the islands...

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
'Cause you've only seen the newer models.

Believe me, the first ones read 'Zastava Jugo45'.

Only later did 'Yugo' become a brand name (they ditched it 2-3 years ago and went back to 'Zastava').

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok maybe the oldest ones, dont know what year exactly the diffrent models came out, but on the "Koral" model which I believe is the most common Yugo in Croatia, is spelled with an "Y"

Isnt Fiat the owner of the Yugo/Zastava company?

Here's some Yugo jokes:

How do you make a Yugo go fast?
Push it out of an airplaine

How do you double the value of a Yugo?
Fill the gas tank!

What do you call a Yugo at a top of a hill?
A miracle!

Why do Yugo's have rear heated windows?
To keep your hands warm while you are pushing them in the winter!

Why do all Yugo owners go to heaven?
Because they have already been to hell!

What is the difference between a Yugo and a golfball?
You can drive a golf ball 200 yards!

Why were sidewalks invented?
So Yugo owners would have a safe place to walk home!

Man goes into to a parts store and says: I'd like a rear view mirror for my Yugo"
Man behind the counter thinks about it and says "Sounds like a fair trade to me!"

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Zagabria said:
Why do Yugo's have rear heated windows?
To keep your hands warm while you are pushing them in the winter!

Man goes into to a parts store and says: I'd like a rear view mirror for my Yugo"
Man behind the counter thinks about it and says "Sounds like a fair trade to me!"
:howler:

The first one is so true!

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

This poll comes from a nation that still have wood grain panelling on some of their cars. Spare Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
DerbyCounty said:
There was one american movie with Danny DiVito in it (the really short funny actor), it was about a town where everybody drove Yugo's. :D
Yes I remember that movie, funny, I liked it although I don't remember anything from it right now, I think also Bette Midler was in it, but I'm not sure.

Good jokes Zagabria :howler:

I've only once driven a Jugo, and I loved it (I am a Fiat-liker by the way...), I hope that one day, I will be a proud owner of a Jugo (or Yugo)!! Seriously, I'm not joking, it's a cool car, maybe not useful here in the northern Sweden though

And also, I think many people in Serbia have Jugos, and they can't afford better cars, and here we are joking about them like they were toys, but then again they at least have a car, and they are the ones making up the jokes, but then agin, we all know what the biggest source of humour is.... hmmm what a post

·
Registered
15,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Fantastic links Andrija! I mean it, fantastic!!

My mother had a Fica when I was a baby, but not for long though,because she upgraded to a Stojadin :tongue:

But the coolest car I think is the Zastava 1300! It was so much fun seeing these pictures of it.
I remember that when I was a kid I loved cars, and its a great joy for me to watch these 101s 128s and all that, but when I moved to Sweden I totally lost interest in cars, now either I just grew out of it (other fun things in Sweden) or is Zastava something special...hmmm :undecide: :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts