Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday and today here in Boston and in the Tri-state area it is Hot and Humid as a muthafukka! Yesterday was 100 degress and humid as hell and today is the same sh!t! It's only 9:45am and it's already 91 degrees!

-F*ck that! I'm gonna be the only dude living in the suburbs who is gonna open the fire hydrant in front of my house! I don't know what city you's are from but back in the days when it got hot like these we'd open up the fire hydrants and love it!

....and if it's hot where ever you's are living open up them fire hydrants if anyone gives you lip, tell'em Alc said so!!!!;)

BTW- Happy 4th of July to all you's living in the U.S!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
Well Alc , All I have to say is - take full advantage of the perfect beer drinking weather :) !!

I dont mind heat , but humidity is the killer- we get the same weather here in the West coast of Oz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Toni Montana said:
Yesterday and today here in Boston and in the Tri-state area it is Hot and Humid as a muthafukka! Yesterday was 100 degress and humid as hell and today is the same sh!t! It's only 9:45am and it's already 91 degrees!

I'm jealous. It's pissing with rain in London.:depress:
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
I've been living in my pool the last few days. If it wasn't for the friggin mosquitos, I'd sleep in it.


Happy fourth, yanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
Re: Re: OT! Yo! It's so Hot I'm fanning my......!!!!

monkski said:


I'm jealous. It's pissing with rain in London.:depress:
But isnt that an English Summer ;) ???????? Your lucky it aint snowing yet :) Have an Ice Cold Beer on Me Monkski !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Re: Re: Re: OT! Yo! It's so Hot I'm fanning my......!!!!

COUTO 5 said:


But isnt that an English Summer ;) ???????? Your lucky it aint snowing yet :) Have an Ice Cold Beer on Me Monkski !!
Hehehe!:) I shall be dining on beer and chilie as soon as i get outta work at 7pm.
See, we are werid over here. The telly is on, and everyone is watching people sitting in raincoats at Wimbledon waiting for the rain to stop..Exciting isn't it?!:confused:
I WANT SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: OT! Yo! It's so Hot I'm fanning my......!!!!

monkski said:


Hehehe!:) I shall be dining on beer and chilie as soon as i get outta work at 7pm.
See, we are werid over here. The telly is on, and everyone is watching people sitting in raincoats at Wimbledon waiting for the rain to stop..Exciting isn't it?!:confused:
I WANT SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!
Beer & Chillie ????

I saw that while I was in the North of Oz last month?? Is that chillie flavoured beer :confused: ??? You have to tell us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pila said:
I've been living in my pool the last few days. If it wasn't for the friggin mosquitos, I'd sleep in it.


Happy fourth, yanks!

-I hear ya! I opened my pool up last weekend for the 1st time since I bought the house 2 years ago! I grew up in the city so I had no idea about where to start especially with the chemicals and when/how to put it in or work the filter! I knew sh!t!

But finally I asked neighbors went to pool stores and found out about Akanility, free Chlorine, Ph, the sock it chemical and how to balance the water and now I'm out there after the gym every morning at 6:15am cleaning the bugs out with my net putting the Granular in and turning on the filter! I love it! I don't know how I lived without one!

Funny think is I almost threw out the pool cuz I wanted to work the grapevine over there but my fiancee told me to just try so I did and I'm glad I didn't throw it out! It's round and it's about 15/16 feet from end to end and 5 feet deep in the middle and 4' around the edges but it does the trick!

Maybe in a couple of years I'll invest in an underground pool but next summer I'm popping in a hot tub! You can get a good used hot tub spa for around $900 to a G!

BTW- Pila, have you been getting my Emails? I sent you a nice one with sports injuries!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
Toni Montana said:



-BTW- Pila, have you been getting my Emails? I sent you a nice one with sports injuries!

If you dont mind me asking Alc , is that the one doing the rounds??
There is a picture of that rugby play getting eye gouged and some bloke has his whole thumb in his eye socket !! That was riveting stuff :D !! If thats the one , that has to be posted here !!
Even that baseball one of that guy on the fence Ouch!!! that had to hurt !!
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
No, I haven't received any of your e-mails. Try one without an attachment... perhaps the gateway has a filter for large files.

I know all about Alkalinity, PH and chlorine. My best investment yet was one of them there automatic pool vacuums - ye plug this serpent looking thing to the return line and watch that sh*t snake through yer pool pickin everything up. Goes for about $190, but it was worth it. I useta spend about 1hour a day vacuuming the pool. Now I spend zilch!

Hey, Alc! An in-ground pool is nice, but they raise yer property taxes like a mudderfukker if ye get one. Above ground pools are not taxable. Just build a deck around it, like I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Bro! That's the One!

-How about the rugby dude getting popped in the knee and his leg bent backwards!!!! OUCH!

Some evil stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
I 1st saw it whilst eating dinner !!!Man I dont recommend that to anyone !!

There was one pic I didnt see anything whong till I had a closer look. The one of the Gridiron player laying down flat on his face - and then you see his leg twisted the wrong way !! Most of them duded mustve all copped career ending injuries !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT! Yo! It's so Hot I'm fanning my......!!!!

COUTO 5 said:


Beer & Chillie ????

I saw that while I was in the North of Oz last month?? Is that chillie flavoured beer :confused: ??? You have to tell us
Hehhe. It's beer on it's own, then some chile for dinner. But beer in chille is quite nice as well. I am confusing myself now!:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pila said:
No, I haven't received any of your e-mails. Try one without an attachment... perhaps the gateway has a filter for large files.

I know all about Alkalinity, PH and chlorine. My best investment yet was one of them there automatic pool vacuums - ye plug this serpent looking thing to the return line and watch that sh*t snake through yer pool pickin everything up. Goes for about $190, but it was worth it. I useta spend about 1hour a day vacuuming the pool. Now I spend zilch!

Hey, Alc! An in-ground pool is nice, but they raise yer property taxes like a mudderfukker if ye get one. Above ground pools are not taxable. Just build a deck around it, like I did.
Yeah my deck goes around it but I really need to waterseal my deck! My pools been opened since last Saturday and I only vacuumed it that Sunday! Do I need to vacuum it everyday cuz it don't look to bad yet?

My cousing in RI just got an above ground pool but it's oval shaped and it's about 15 ft wide and maybe 30ft long (I'm assuming) but now the material they use is more of that heavy duty plastic where as my pool is that thin metal with the metal posts every 3/4 feet! You know, the old school style the new look is nice though it's like a light and dark gray and it seems stronger!

Thanks though I'm gonna look into that snake thingy! $190 ain't too bad if you don't ever have to vacuum the bottom no more!!!
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
Toni Montana said:


Yeah my deck goes around it but I really need to waterseal my deck! My pools been opened since last Saturday and I only vacuumed it that Sunday! Do I need to vacuum it everyday cuz it don't look to bad yet?

My cousing in RI just got an above ground pool but it's oval shaped and it's about 15 ft wide and maybe 30ft long (I'm assuming) but now the material they use is more of that heavy duty plastic where as my pool is that thin metal with the metal posts every 3/4 feet! You know, the old school style the new look is nice though it's like a light and dark gray and it seems stronger!

Thanks though I'm gonna look into that snake thingy! $190 ain't too bad if you don't ever have to vacuum the bottom no more!!!
Nah, ye ain't got to vacuum every day, but it sure is a pain in the ass vacuuming, then cleaning out the filter from the pump and stuff. This vacuum thingy floats on top of the water, it has a hose attached to a net - water jets blow all the dirt and debris into the net so it never makes it to your filter. So that means less back-washing and zero cleaning out pumps and filters, etc.

Your friend's pool is probably a 16' by 30'. I got me a 18' by 33'.:cool: But I regret not getting a deep end, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
I left Tally, where it's freaking 95 and humid everyday, to come to Bal'mer where it's been 98 and even more freaking humid. What luck. ;)

It's always humid in Tallahassee, but i swear nothing is worse than the heat and humidity up here. It's takes the erm "sweating yer balls off" to a new level. Good thing I don't have much use for them, now. ;) :D
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
The humitity in the east coast is friggin nutz.

Hey, Dae. Do you have one of them there sun rooms with netting so the mosquitos don't have ya fer dinner. One thing I notice every time I go to FL is that practicly every house has one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
Tallahassee is really more South Georgia and nothing like the rest of FLorida. My, err, wife's parents lived in Clearwater for a while and everybody had a pool under some sort of porch. So, they had something like you are refering to. Our house had a screened porch, but it really wasn't built for you are talking about. Not solely for "skeeters", anyway.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top